- Proposal essay questions: what to include?
- Proposal essay ideas: environment
- Proposal essay ideas: business
- Proposal essay ideas: healthcare
- Proposal essay ideas: education
- Proposal essay ideas: social life and social issues
- Proposal essay ideas: law and justice
- Proposal essay ideas: literature
- Proposal essay ideas: culture
- Proposal essay ideas: writing
- Proposal essay ideas: world history
- Proposal essay ideas: religion
- Proposal essay ideas: religion
- Proposal essay ideas: technology
- Proposal essay ideas: personal development and psychology
- Proposal essay ideas: music and art
- Proposal essay ideas: globalization
- Proposal essay ideas: economy
Are you interested in writing high-quality proposal essays? Wondering what makes a winning proposal essay?
Here you will find answers to this question and 25 brilliant proposal essay topics, which will become excellent starters for your papers.
Three main components your instructors want to see in a proposal essay are:
- a well-defined problem;
- the proposal of an effective solution for the problem;
- the discussion of why this solution should be chosen among all the alternatives.
As you see, this task is pretty easy if your instructor assigns you a topic. If not, you will need to spend hours on researching and brainstorming or … simply check a list of 95 proposal essay topics below. If you use any proposal essay idea, picked up by Custom-writing.org writers, your good grades are in the bag.
- What is the best solution to the problem of plastic bags (should governments ban or discourage their usage; should citizens return bags to supermarkets for recycling)?
- How can countries promote bicycle use for short journeys?
- How can the problem of electronic waste (e-waste) be tackled? (Export to developing countries vs. recycling).
- Electricity from wind for reduction of the global warming effect.
- Evaporative coolers as green alternatives to air conditioners.
- What are the benefits of zero-waste living, and what solutions can be implemented by communities straightaway?
Due to the ongoing degradation of the environment and the negative impacts of globalization, it is imperative to develop proposal papers with relevant ideas and solutions. Importantly, pay extra attention to tools and innovations that can improve the Earth.
- Outsourcing as a solution for backup business activities.
- Corporate culture transformations needed for effective mergers.
- Training programs for effective assimilation of new employees.
- Feedback about performance for retention of valuable employees.
- E-commerce strategies for attraction of new customers.
Since business is a relevant topic in the modern world, this field offers an array of essay ideas that you can use when writing. From improving business performance to developing effective marketing strategies, you can easily craft a proposal paper that may be useful for your future career.
- Income-related payments for the previously uninsured citizens.
- Training programs for improvement of physician-patient relationships.
- Pharmaceutical companies should share their findings at pre-competitive stages to reduce research and development expenditures and improve the outcomes.
- A program for attracting more men nurses.
- Training for improving integrity of interdisciplinary teams.
In order to write effective proposal essays on healthcare, it is not necessary to have a medical education. Just try to dissect the most relevant problems that persist in healthcare and find solutions to address them.
- Programs encouraging students to participate more in sports.
- Exercises improving students’ reading comprehension.
- Adaptation of standardized tests to the needs of ESL students and students with learning disabilities.
- Class activities improving students’ motivation and involvement.
- Social support for young teachers in rural areas.
Issues in education are always high on the agenda. From supporting teachers to improving students' educational outcomes, you have a variety of topics from which to choose.
- An educational film for enhancing population awareness of the hazards of excessive television viewing.
- Hate-crime laws as a response to increased violence against minorities.
- Propaganda of healthy eating habits for reducing obesity levels.
- Cyber-bullying alerts decreasing the incidence of online harassment.
- Healthy alternatives to free beer parties to prevent the dangers of college drinking.
27. Solutions for overcoming prison overcrowding and prison violence
28. The most important and controversial issues that persist in courtrooms: false confessions, mistreatment of evidence, and witness framing
29. The duty of care for senior citizens: who should be held accountable for the mistreatment of residents and wrongful deaths in nursing homes?
30. The "he said – she said" narrative: is innocence maintained before a guilty verdict in sexual assault allegations?
31. Arguments for and against police funding for improving neighborhood safety
32. Classification of civil litigation cases everyone should know
33. Business and law: how to manage sexual harassment lawsuits in the workplace
34. How to mitigate the negative impact of police violence on the reputation of law enforcement agencies
These essay topics on law and justice can provide some valuable insights into the many issues pertaining to the justice system, especially those that are the most controversial. Because problems like prison overcrowding, mistreatment of seniors in nursing homes, false sexual assault allegations, and police funding are high on the social agenda, the proposed essay topics may serve as guides for future research on issues of law and justice.
35. The most prominent symbols and motifs in The Great Gatsby and their influence on the narrator's storytelling
36. Use of satirical dialogue in The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
37. How Shakespeare's "To be, or not to be?" became the most popular rhetorical question today
38. Meaningful lessons that readers can take from Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five
39. Contemporary writers who have influenced the history of literature
40. Programs targeted at encouraging children and teenagers to read classic literature
These proposal essay topics are all of an exploratory nature; they will allow you to dig deeper into the works of famous authors to find interesting themes and meaningful lessons to explore in your research. After all, literature never goes out of style!
41. The definition of cultural awareness: when it is and is not relevant
42. Simple ways to end the debate on stereotyping and cultural profiling
43. Racism and reverse racism on college campuses: how students deal with the ongoing debate on race in light of recent cultural developments
44. The impact of extreme patriotism on the reputation of Americans in the international arena
45. Good questions to ask a foreigner before resorting to cultural stereotyping
46. The long process of cultural accommodation: what you should do and avoid when in a foreign culture
47. Explain how the debate with social justice warriors regarding racial profiling should be managed
Culture is not only about customs and traditions; in today's environment, cultural debates have shifted into a more serious direction that involves racism, stereotyping, and cultural awareness. Talking about culture and its impact on society has never been as relevant as it is today.
48. How to structure a research proposal, from the abstract to the list of references
49. Writing a 1000-word summary of a book: what to include and what to avoid
50. Recommendations on becoming a citation style expert (the MLA edition)
51. Effective guidelines for writing an astonishing discursive paper
52. How to write a 5-paragraph reflective essay
53. Specifics of technical writing: how to differentiate between specialized and non-specialized text
54. Coming up with memorable titles for articles and research papers: how to capture the attention of the audience
55. The easiest ways to develop a draft that will serve as the basis for your future paper
While essays on writing are not as common as the other topics included in this article, they are essential for those who want to develop themselves into well-rounded writers and become more proficient in expressing their thoughts and opinions. It may sound tautological, but when you write about writing, your skills will undoubtedly increase.
56. How did strong female leaders such as Jeanne d'Arc impact the development of societies?
57. An introduction to the Paleolithic Age: the development of societies, fishing, hunting and gathering, and scavenging
58. A list of the most significant historical events that shaped modern society
59. Discuss the possible outcomes of WWII had the opposing side won
For many people, writing about history can be a boring task, but the proposed essay topics include compelling themes for exploration, especially with regards to hypothesizing about the possible directions that historical events could have taken. For the task to become less mundane and more exciting, it is important to use your imagination when writing about history.
60. A short evaluation of the current issues prevailing in the Catholic Church: what has changed and what has not?
61. A factual analysis of the Bible: comparing historical facts with the descriptions of events given in the religious text
62. Advantages and disadvantages of religious education and how it influences children's worldviews
63. The best solution for overcoming religious discrimination (exploring the Christianity – Islam opposition)
64. Different views on the importance of religion, including how it helps people and how it harms them (the ethical debate)
The topic of religion is sensitive and not many people are willing to discuss it openly. The ideas given above include controversial questions that you can explore in your research. Remember, it is essential to stay neutral in your discussions about religion and try not to offend anyone who may not share your point of view.
65. Interesting insights into whether governments should make decisions about their citizens' lifestyles (for example, the pro-choice versus pro-life debate)
66. Subjects to discuss with your local government: its role in the economy, social equity, and the well-being of neighborhoods
67. Should the government be involved in controlling the Internet and other forms of news media?
68. Problems in society that were caused by government intervention
69. What role should politicians play when providing formal support for underserved and underrepresented communities?
When writing about government and politics, it is important to choose the topics that are the most relevant to you and your home country. Do not criticize foreign governments and their actions; rather, focus on what improvements should be introduced in the governments that you elect.
70. Many processes that were once performed by people have been replaced by machines. Has this trend brought more benefits than disadvantages?
71. Some people have been critical of the impact of technology, stating that computers and smartphones make younger generations less interactive. What evidence is there to support or disprove such criticism?
72. How has technology changed the way modern businesses work?
73. Develop a paper with solutions and recommendations for overcoming the gap between the rich and the poor that has been caused by technology
74. What problems do parents face when preventing their children from accessing the Internet unsupervised?
75. How can technologies harm friendships, familial relationships, and professional projects? To what extent should people rely on technologies when communicating and solving daily problems?
76. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that videogames have an adverse impact on people's health?
Since technological advancements have drastically changed how people live and communicate, the proposed essay ideas all focus on exploring the impact of progress in modern societies. Be imaginative and think about the role technology plays in your life to provide examples from the real world.
77. How harmful are various social media networks and the advertising industry to the development of a child? Discuss their impact on self-esteem
78. Develop a descriptive essay about the experiences that have shaped your personality and your sense of self-worth. Have you learned more from positive or negative experiences?
79. What format should training courses and personal development sessions take when it comes to working with developmentally disabled individuals?
80. To what degree do you agree with the statement that people's personalities are predetermined by their genetic heritage? Is it true that nothing can be done to alter personal traits?
81. Discuss the current theories about anxiety and the impact of this disorder on the development of individuals
82. Recommendations for managing posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Personal development essays are not only valuable for exploring your own experiences and discovering how they have affected you, but they are also perfect for learning how to write reflectively, which is a precious skill to have.
83. Should the government invest in funding and grants for up-and-coming musicians and artists?
84. Discuss the benefits of art for societies and individuals separately
85. Which contemporary artists and musicians have had the most impact on you as a person? Explain their impact
86. Does rap music influence the behavior of modern teenagers? Is there a difference between the rap of the 70s and modern rap regarding their messages for society?
Music and art have developed greatly as societies have evolved, so exploring their impact on communities and individuals is a fruitful area for research. You can also incorporate your own views on music and art to make your discussion more personalized.
87. While globalization has had some positive influences on societies, discuss the negative implications of this process
88. Is there a connection between globalization and climate change?
89. Explain the correlation between global wealth and the transfer of knowledge between countries and culture
90. Has globalization affected you personally? What have you done to mitigate the impact of this process?
91. Based on the example of developing economies, investigate the relationship between globalization and democratization
The proposal essay topics on globalization will allow you to delve into some of the most complicated phenomena that take place in the modern world. It is important to include your personal views on the matter despite how controversial they may be.
92. The scarcity of economic resources with regards to poverty, income gaps, and the distribution of wealth
93. The economics of death and disease: how industries impose unnecessary regulations to increase revenue
94. Agree or disagree with the following statement: there should be a limit placed on the ownership of private property
95. Has the 2008 economic collapse ended? What has been the impact of this crisis on the modern economy?
The economy may not be the most compelling subject, but you can explore specific topics that are interesting to you and relevant to your country. Be careful when looking for relevant data; only support your research on economics with credible sources.
You are welcome to use these proposal essay suggestions to write A+ papers. Choose a proposal essay topic idea matching your interests to enjoy the essay writing process and reap the fruits of your hard work. However, if you’re having any trouble with writing a high-quality proposal paper, you can always contact custom-writing.org to get professional help from a team of language experts. We guarantee that your paper will exceed any expectations!