Summarize Key Points: Generator for
Isn’t it great when you can browse through the text’s essential ideas without having to read the entire thing?
Sadly, not everyone has the time or skills to write good summaries. But worry not! We present to you our free “summarize key points” generator. It’s a groundbreaking AI tool that will save you time and energy. With its help, you’ll always have quick and accurate summaries for whatever project you’re working on.
🎉 Why Choose Our “Summarize Key Points” Generator?
Our key ideas summarizer is one of the best tools you can find online. Its most notable advantages include the following:
|💸 Free of charge
|You can use our generator without limitations 100% free.
|👍 Easy to use
|We’ve put a lot of love into our app’s interface. You’ll definitely enjoy using it!
|🚀 Advanced AI
|Forget about those useless bots that are everywhere. The most innovative artificial intelligence is already here in our app.
|Our tool will help you save energy and avoid unnecessary stress.
|Our generator will do the trick no matter what kind of text you want to summarize.
🤖 How Our Tool Works
Create a list of key ideas in 3 easy steps:
- Paste your text into the field. It can be up to 1000 words long.
- Specify how many key ideas you want to get.
- Press "Generate now."
And that’s it—you’ll get your list of key points just like that!
💡 What Is a Key Points Summary?
A summary of key points is a condensed version of a longer text. It presents the author’s ideas in a list format in the same order as the original.
In most cases, the length of the original text determines how long your summary should be. Short texts can be summarized in one paragraph, whereas lengthier articles may need more extended summaries to cover all the key points.
Here’s what to include in your summary:
- The author’s name and the title of the original work.
- The text’s primary points.
- List of the arguments that back up the text's central idea or thesis.
And here’s what to exclude from your summary:
- Direct quotes from the original text.
- Small and unnecessary details.
- Things that weren’t present in the original text.
- Your personal opinion regarding the author’s ideas.
🔝 4 Advantages of Summarizing Key Points
Writing a good summary of key ideas can benefit you as a student. This activity's most prominent advantages are:
|🎓 It improves your learning skills.
|While summarizing, you'll have to go through the original text multiple times. It will aid your reading comprehension and allow you to identify the key ideas quickly.
|📚 It helps prepare study notes.
|You can use your summary to memorize the material while preparing for exams.
|🎯 It boosts concentration.
|If you want to write a good summary, it’s essential to focus on essential ideas and effectively distinguish them from unnecessary ones. Trust us: this skill will come in handy in many situations.
|📜 It structures your ideas in a meaningful way.
|Solid summarizing skills will make it easier to structure your thoughts in clear and neat order.
✍️ How to Summarize Key Points in 4 Easy Steps
Need help writing summaries of key ideas? Check this handy guide we’ve prepared for you!
1. Read the Text Carefully
You must fully comprehend the material if you want your summary to be accurate. Even if it’s your own text, it’s best to read it more than once. Here's how to do it effectively:
- Quickly scan the text to get an idea of its content and general structure.
- Re-read the material thoroughly and underline all crucial information.
- Re-read it again and try to comprehend all important or challenging ideas you had trouble understanding.
Use the following tips to remember the text’s details as you go through it:
- Try reading the abstract first. It should already give you a synopsis of what to expect.
- Remember about headings and subheadings. Writing them down will help you structure your notes.
- Compare the opening passage with the conclusion. See how the text’s thesis is presented before and after the main body.
2. Divide Your Text into Parts
Divide the material you’re summarizing into manageable chunks to make it easier to read and comprehend.
A standard scientific publication will likely be divided into sections with distinct headings, including an introduction, methodology, findings, and discussion. However, other texts may not be clearly divided into sections. Still, most articles and essays will be organized around several supporting ideas or topics.
3. Determine the Main Point of Each Section
The next stage is determining the text’s primary ideas and how they relate to each other. You can search for phrases or headings that highlight each section’s key points. Noting them can serve as a guide in the summary-writing process.
To make the task easier, answer the following questions:
- What’s the central thesis of the text that you’re reading?
- What are its main ideas?
- What are its arguments and claims?
4. Write Your Summary
Now, you’re ready to start putting your text's main points together. Here are some things to consider while writing:
- Summaries of this type are usually presented as bullet points or numbered lists.
- When writing your summary as a paragraph, make each bullet point into a complete sentence.
- Consider using your notes as a skeleton of your summary. If you want to use them this way, it's best to polish and structure them appropriately.
- Try our key points summarizer! It will give you a perfect basis that you can use to build your summary.
✅ Excellent Summary of Main Points: Checklist
Now you know how to create a summary. But what makes it truly good? Let's see:
|A strong summary is…
|It should cover all key ideas from the original text. If the summary lacks essential elements, it becomes incomplete.
|If a summary constantly repeats itself or has unnecessary details, it loses its primary objective.
|A strong summary is an organized list of points. It shouldn’t include direct quotes and random ideas.
|You don’t have to write the text exactly as the author did. Instead, stay true to your style. Use your own words, but avoid adding any personal remarks.
If your summary has all these properties, accept our congratulations—it’s perfect!
We hope that you enjoy using our awesome generator. Check it out right now and become a pro at summarizing key ideas!
❓ Summarize Key Points: Generator FAQ
- First, you’ll need to carefully and attentively read through the text that you want to summarize.
- Pay attention to all key ideas and critical points in the text.
- Take notes while reading.
- Finally, put your notes together and create a summary.
Custom-Writing’s free tool is one of the best key point summary generators online. Not only does it have the most advanced AI, but it's also 100% free of charge. Our summarizer can work with any text, whether it's an academic research paper, a novel chapter, or an essay.
A strong summary must be comprehensive, concise, and fully independent from its source. It means you must cover every central point mentioned in the original text while avoiding unnecessary details. It's also critical that the summary has no direct quotes or personal remarks.
- Read the original text.
- Highlight the key points and ideas.
- Divide the text into separate paragraphs.
- Take notes.
- Describe the central concept of the original text.
- Back up your statements with supporting evidence.
- End your summary with a thesis.