Would you always go for Bill Nye the Science Guy instead of Power Rangers as a child? Were you ready to spend sleepless nights perfecting your science fair project? Or maybe you dream of a career in science?
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for
Then this guide by Custom-Writing.org is perfect for you. Here, you’ll find the following:
- lists of excellent science and technology topics;
- essay prompts;
- scientific essay outline;
- bonus tips.
🔝 Top 10 Science and Technology Topics
- ICT use in healthcare
- Consent in biobanking
- Pros and cons of NFTs
- Fintech and healthcare accessibility
- Widening of the global digital skills gap
- Ways to identify gaps in health research
- Changes in Mid-Atlantic regional climate
- Transforming public health data systems
- Workings of the online extremist ecosystem
- Ways of improving statistical computing practices
🔬 Science and Technology: Scope of Research
Now you can start looking for an essay idea in our topics list. But first, have a look at the following fields of research in science and technology that our topics cover:
- Modern technology includes the newest advances in engineering, hardware, systems, and organization methods. You can write about robotics, computer science, and more.
- Science is knowledge about the universe in the form of testable explanations. In your paper, you can cover different areas of science such as biology, physics, etc. For more ideas, check out our list of topics in science.
- Space Studies include many branches, such as space exploration, astrobiology, and space medicine. Your essay on space research can also be devoted to any of the following:
- Space explorations began in the ancient world and eventually allowed people to build a spaceship, arrange the first space trip, and step on the Moon.
- In a technology essay on space exploration, you may write about the most up-to-date technologies in the sphere of space traveling and exploration.
- Space exploration essays can also be devoted to the period of the Cold War. One of its aspects was a space race between the United States and the USSR.
- Finally, you can assess the importance of various space innovations. Many people tend to condemn spending vast sums of money on space exploration. You may give your viewpoint on this question in an essay. Check out our list of topics in astrophysics for more ideas.
🤖 Modern Technology Essay Topics
- Increasingly powerful 3D computer chips
- Technology and the rise of the leisure class
- Luddism as the most radical opposition to the use of technology
- Technological inventions that have a destructive power
- How does nuclear technology affect the global economy?
- Mobile video communication from any mountaintop
- Using technology to reinvent identification documents
- The history of the computer viruses and their current examples
- Does technology provide for a better life, or is it a bane?
- Did people reinvent texting to express the full range of emotions?
- How did pop-up advertisements appear and evolve on the Internet?
- The technology behind the most famous instances of hacking in history
- The future privacy risks in the world fully connected to the Internet
- What are the possible future developments in cloud storage?
- Dancing robots: why is it important to teach robots to dance?
- What self-driving cars can and cannot do at present
- Which features can increase the popularity of self-driving cars among people?
- 19th-century discoveries versus recent technological developments
- The positive and negative impacts of communication technology
- The printing press, the telephone, and the Internet: their contribution to global communications
- Philosophical debates about the present and future use of nuclear technology
- Transhumanism and techno-progressivism and their positive views of technology
- The history, benefits, and drawbacks of cloud technology
- Voice-commanded robot wheelchair (that will bring you to any location stored in its memory)
- Cameras that can determine your age just by looking at your face: how do they work?
- Innovative technologies in Antarctica that are speeding up polar research
- Technology and the development of daily living aids for chronic diseases. People who have chronic diseases always need to monitor their well-being. However, science has moved towards developing special devices that help people in their daily lives. For instance, you can write about stairlifts, wheelchairs, or other appliances.
- The history and technological evolution of prosthetics. People have been using prosthetic limbs from ancient times. Now, these items are much more functional, and their innovation continues. Wood and metal have been replaced by novel materials such as carbon fiber. Robotics also allows controlling prosthetic limbs better.
- Disability technology: how science invented hearing aids, text-to-speech programs, and more. Today, disabled people can get access to aids that enhance their living. For example, hearing aids were developed as far as 1898. But they became small only after World War II. Now they are enhanced by the technology of Bluetooth.
- How has the clothing industry evolved with the development of new technology? In the past, all clothes were hand-made. After the sewing machine was introduced, people’s fashion also changed. Now, technology can create items of clothing that a human cannot produce. But many people still seek hand-made items and see the automatization of manufacturing process as a disadvantage.
- Gardening for the 21st century: vertical gardening for tiny city spaces. As the world population grows, people have much less room for farming and recreational gardening. New concepts such as vertical gardening are innovative and environmentally conscious. They create small green spaces in urban areas and bring humans back to nature.
- Hydroponic systems and other approaches to agriculture without soil. It can be hard to find enough place for soil planting in big crowded cities. Hydroponic gardening is a way to get fresh local vegetables that can be grown indoors. Such approaches, nonetheless, have their advantages and disadvantages.
- The importance of sustainable farming for the environment. Food production is a vital part of people’s lives. Science has shown that agriculture contributes to pollution. Now, climate change concerns raise the question—how can humans grow food without damaging the environment? Sustainable principles may be the answer to this question.
- Genetically modified foods: history, benefits and drawbacks, and common misconceptions. Many discussions surround the topic of genetically modified organisms (GMOs). GMOs are crops whose DNA was changed artificially. Some people believe that bioengineered fruits and vegetables pose risks to people’s health. Others say that genetic engineering improves harvest and food quality.
- Can GMOs solve world hunger? Food shortage is among the biggest problems in the world. Genetic modification may introduce crops that ripen faster, stay fresh longer, and yield a better harvest. However, these GMOs may not grow as well as natural plants. These issues are at the center of the debate around bioengineering.
🧪 Science Topics to Write About
Science Essay Topics for Middle School
- How did humans learn to measure speed and velocity?
- Everyday life examples of Newton’s 2nd law of motion
- Current differences in various measurements of distance
- How and why are miles different from nautical miles?
- The concept of time from antiquity to modern clocks
- How were measurements of distance developed?
- How gravity explains most of the natural phenomena on Earth
- The history of Einstein’s theory of gravity and people who opposed it
- The history of the 3 different systems of measuring temperature
- Which temperature unit is easier to use in daily life: Fahrenheit or Celsius?
- How can Newton’s laws of motion be explained by using household objects?
- Experimental design: how to improve the results of an experiment
- Is safety important in scientific experimentation, or does it get in the way of discovery?
- How the Earth was shaped: tectonic plates’ movement. A long time ago, the continents used to be shaped differently. Their shape depended on the direction of tectonic plates. It is believed that they once formed Pangaea—a supercontinent that broke into many pieces and created the modern continents.
- Can humans create new continents and change the existing ones? Humans contribute to shaping the planet in many ways. Agriculture and the search for resources change the terrain, while urban development leads to climate change. Also, various islands are constructed by people from natural and artificial materials.
- What is the air that we breathe made out of? The air in the Earth’s atmosphere is unique. It allows nature to thrive and live. Air contains more than just various gases. It also holds water and particles that affect pollution, climate, and nature’s health.
- The layers of the atmosphere: why mountain air is different. The Earth is surrounded by an atmosphere with layers. Each of them has a different composition and pressure level. That is why people say that the air on the top of a mountain feels different. This variety affects many aspects of the natural world.
- How the Earth is shaped today: volcanoes, earthquakes, and tsunamis. Different natural phenomena contribute to changing the shape of the planet. For example, volcanic eruptions make lava spill onto land and water. Over time, this lava hardens and turns into rock. These events can create whole new landforms or destroy existing ones.
- Which animals can live in the outer layers of the atmosphere? Almost all living beings on Earth require oxygen to survive. However, some of them may need less oxygen than others. Interestingly, a small group of creatures needs almost no air. Various microorganisms can even be found as high as the troposphere.
- The dangers of oxygen. Everybody knows that oxygen is a source of life on Earth. But it is also a part of many dangerous chemical reactions. For example, breathing in pure oxygen is harmful for the body.
- The internal layers of Earth: their chemical composition and state. Earth’s inner structure is as layered as its atmosphere. Each component has unique properties and a different physical state. The movement of one layer can result in volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.
- What are the purpose and special status of navigational stars? Celestial navigation means finding one’s location using stars. It is an ancient practice that is still used today. Some stars, however, play a more important role than others. They serve as marks for easy navigation. The most well-known navigational star is the Polaris, but there are many more.
- The history of weather forecasting in ancient cultures. Today, people can look at a weather forecast for weeks ahead. In ancient times, different cultures searched for the best ways of predicting the weather. Some interesting sources of information were the stars, the color of the sky, the lunar phases, and animal behavior.
Science Essay Topics for High School Students
- Printing food: will you be able to download a pizza?
- Why are there so many programming languages?
- Can computers create meaningful and original art?
- The place of creative professions in an AI-powered future
- Is distance learning effective, or does it hinder studying?
- Are there any alternatives to plastic that benefit the environment?
- Can everyone stay inside forever with the help of technology?
- The common mistakes that AI continues to make to this day
- Enhancing the quality of school education with virtual reality
- The effect of social media on building relationships and making friends
- The research of artificially produced foods and its environmental impact
- Which devices do students and teachers need to introduce into the classroom?
- The rise of distance learning: the best methods of studying remotely
- Is translation software equally developed for all languages of the world?
- How people in small communities can find each other with social media
- The impact of unrecyclable materials on oceans. Pollution is on the minds of many scientists today. Ocean animals are often injured or killed by plastic debris. Coral reefs and vegetation also struggle with materials that cannot be recycled. You may suggest ways of cleaning the ocean and making it a better environment for its flora and fauna.
- How does marketing use Internet-of-Things? Marketing specialists are always searching for new technologies to explore. They want to surprise their clients and make them interested in their company’s product. The Internet-of-Things connects devices and saves valuable data. Advertisements may use this interconnectedness to their advantage.
- The differences between traditional and digital art. Many of today’s artists are skilled in using software to create art. They use digital painting programs to produce unique works. But how does digital art differ from traditional methods? What negative and positive sides does it have?
- Why do search engines show different results for the same search term? When entering a keyword into Google, Bing, or other search engines, one can get an array of different responses. This essay can explore different companies’ strategies to provide the best answers to their users’ queries.
- What are the disadvantages of clean energy sources? With the issue of climate change on the rise, many scientists suggest using eco-friendly energy sources. Such options have many benefits for the world. However, they also pose some risks.
- The history of global nuclear energy development. Nuclear energy is a controversial topic among scientists. On the one hand, it is an alternative to fossil fuel use. On the other, the devastating effects of nuclear plant catastrophes expose many risks of this option. This energy source is an excellent topic for an exploratory or argumentative science essay.
- Benefits and drawbacks of wind and solar power for everyday use. Comparisons between solar and wind power are at the center of many debates about clean energy. Both options are considered environmentally friendly, but they are very different. A compare-and-contrast essay on this topic is sure to provide many points of discussion.
- Is it possible for people to produce more freshwater than there currently is? The freshwater supply is limited, and science searches for new ways to produce it. Some organizations collect rainwater and make it safe for consumption. Others try to invent more effective seawater filters. The goal of this search is to support the growing water demand.
- Can science prolong our lives or even let us live forever? Many people think about mortality and try to prolong their lives. Some researchers may believe that there are ways to make people live longer by slowing down aging. A scientific essay can explore people’s search for life extension strategies.
🔭 Space Exploration Essay Topics: Science and Technology
Science and Technology Topics in Space Studies
- What is the role of NASA in space research?
- How relevant is the problem of space debris?
- Describe the dynamics of space flights
- What is the role of dogs in space travel?
- History and evolution of space research
- What is the purpose of planetary science?
- The first man to travel into space
- Top 10 interesting facts about space
- Explain the concept of wormholes
- Ecological problems of space exploration
- Exploration and effects of dark matter
- Discuss the process of human adaptation to space conditions
- What have we learned from space research over the last decade?
- How do you understand and define spacetime?
- How does the James Webb Space Telescope work?
- What are some of the most prominent contributors to space research?
- Discuss possibilities of manned trips to other planets
- The evidence that proves the existence of black holes
- What are gravitational waves, and how can we measure them?
- Describe the first 50 years of the space age
- Compare and contrast different space exploration techniques
- Discuss Space Exploration Day, its origin, and relevance
- The effect of space weather on the planet Earth
- Current trends and news about space exploration
- Who are the most famous American astronauts and researchers?
- What are the benefits of space research for society?
- The use of standard candles in measuring distance in space
- What are the economic benefits of space exploration?
- What are the space programs of major countries?
- The history of non-human animals in spacecraft testing. Before the first human was sent into space, many animals were used to test spacecraft. Some of them successfully reached their goals and returned home. Countries such as the US and USSR sent various animals into space, ranging from dogs to chimpanzees.
- What is the connection between a planet and its moons? Many planets, including the Earth, have one or several moons. In total, there are more than 200 moons in the Solar System. These natural satellites orbit their planets and influence their weather. Although Earth has only one natural satellite, the Moon, it plays a significant role in its climate.
- The biological effects of space travel and its long-term outcomes. Astronauts who spend time in space report changes in their behavior. For example, they get accustomed to the lack of gravity on the spaceship. Their health is also affected—even a short trip leads to “space adaptation syndrome.”
- What are the prospects of exploring space beyond the Solar System? Currently, human-led expeditions aim for nearby space segments. However, robotic spacecraft and powerful telescopes help people see beyond the Solar System. Voyagers 1 and 2 are the only NASA’s spacecraft that can cross interstellar limits. They still have enough power to collect more data.
- Gravity on Earth and in the Solar System. The role of gravity on Earth is vital for every system and occurrence. A gravitational pull that keeps planets in their orbits, but gravity can do much more—it creates stars, moves matter, and heats planetary cores.
- How far have the scientists reached in their exploration of space? People’s view of the universe has expanded dramatically since the first theories about space. Now, it appears endless, and people use the best technology to see its remotest corners. The Solar System is no longer the limit of exploration, and many vital discoveries contributed to this knowledge.
- The history of exoplanet research. Extrasolar planets (or exoplanets) move through space outside the Solar System. The first evidence of their existence appeared as early as the 1910s. However, it was confirmed scientifically only in the 1980s. Since then, researchers have discovered more than 4000 exoplanets.
- Why is Mars the primary goal of many missions? Mars is the center of space exploration news. Since 1933, NASA has led the Mars Exploration Program (MEP) to investigate the planet’s resources. It also has a solid surface that allows exploration robots to roam Mars in search of life.
- The international legacy of space exploration. During the Cold War, space exploration was a part of the US and the USSR competition. Since then, astronauts from many countries have participated in missions. Space programs have a national purpose, but cooperation between countries leads to better results.
Technology Essay Topics about Space Exploration
- History of space telescopes
- How is a sub-orbital rocket constructed?
- Describe any type of modern spacecraft
- How does a rocket engine work?
- Discuss the relevance of space weapons
- How does an artificial satellite work?
- The Cassini mission and its legacy
- The cultural impact of Curiosity rover
- What are safety measures on spacecrafts?
- What are the modern targets of space exploration?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of uncrewed spacecraft?
- Can space technology help to combat the avian influenza virus?
- How long will it take for a spaceship to get to a nearby planet?
- Prospects for the development of space technologies
- Who are the pioneers of rocket and space technology?
- Spacecraft classification according to their missions
- What happens at the International Space Station?
- Can space technology solve the energy crisis?
- Project Orion: origin, challenges, and its impact
- The journeys of NASA’s robotic spacecraft around and beyond Earth’s atmosphere. NASA’s history of space exploration includes many exciting expeditions. Human-led missions were grand and are remembered in history. However, unmanned probes have brought lots of information about space to NASA. They were able to collect samples for investigation and photograph remote planets.
- Why is gravity important in space explorations? Everyone knows that astronauts live in space with no gravity. Weightlessness is an issue that affects the human body. Some space objects have gravity, but it is different from Earth’s. Understanding this aspect of space exploration is vital for designing future missions.
- Elon Musk’s dream of building a rocket. The whole world follows the news of how scientists at Space X tried to reinvent spacecraft. They failed many times, but only to succeed and partner with NASA. Explore the timeline of their innovations in your essay.
- What is the role of experimentation in space travel improvement? Space exploration is a complicated field where a slight miscalculation can lead to dangerous results. Many space ships and probes have failed in decades of testing. That is why experimentation is a core part of exploration. Without failure, success cannot be achieved.
- How did the safety of spacecraft evolve over the years? Human spaceflights pose many dangers to the ship’s crew. People cannot survive in outer space, so the spacecraft must be safe from radiation and hostile environments. Moreover, astronauts who go into outer space or step on the surface of other planets have to be equipped to handle the harsh conditions.
- The history of communication in space. Communication between astronauts and Earth is crucial for all space missions. It is also a remedy for space travelers’ isolation from their families and loved ones. A special Space Network was developed to connect the researchers on Earth with the astronauts.
- The successes and failures of “space gardens.” Aboard the International Space Station, astronauts have entire gardens for various vegetables and flowers. However, the process of finding how to grow these plants was long. Space researchers had to solve problems with gravity, water delivery, fertilizer intake, and much more.
- Which technologies allowed people to mimic their daily activities in space? Even in space, people have to eat, sleep, and keep up with their hygiene. However, the lack of gravity turns these simple daily tasks into a challenge. Much of the space-related research was dedicated to creating freeze-dried food, no-rinse shampoo, and other interesting inventions to resolve this issue.
- The differences and similarities between types of spacecraft. Robotic spacecraft have unique characteristics that correspond with their missions. For example, flyby spacecraft explores the Solar System without landing. Some probes are designed to land on a planet and send data back to Earth. Others are made to penetrate the surface of a comet to measure its properties.
- How did crewless spacecraft evolve? The creation of uncrewed spacecraft has changed with the world’s technological advancement. At first, spacecraft only left the Earth’s atmosphere to observe space. Robots and rovers were eventually designed to land on other planets. These machines need to survive harsh environments to collect data.
Space Race Essay: Scientific Topics
- Cold War, space research, and diplomacy
- What were the consequences of the space race?
- Was the space race a result of the Cold War?
- The failures and successes of the US in the space race
- Soviet vs. American rocket development
- Compare and contrast Sputnik and Explorer satellites
- How were space discoveries affected by the Cold War?
- Timeline of space investigation during the Cold War
- How did the space race affect other spheres of scientific development?
- The state of US and USSR’s space programs after the end of the Cold War
- Why was the Moon chosen as the destination for both nations during the space race?
- The role of US/Soviet spacecraft cooperation in reducing Cold War tensions
- Planned trips to other planets of the Solar System during the space race
- What are the positive and negative consequences of the space race for the countries?
- How did the competition between the US and the USSR start? In the early 20th century, the tensions between the United States and the USSR were combat-based. However, the arms race after World War II transformed it into a space race. Both nations wanted to be the first in achieving space exploration milestones.
- Was the creation of NASA a consequence of the Cold War? NASA was established in 1958. Its earlier projects show that the space race influenced the organization. For instance, the operation Man in Space Soonest (MISS) name reveals the competitive nature of early space exploration.
- The influence of the USSR’s space exploration achievements on American politics. The US was the first country to put a man on the Moon. Nevertheless, the USSR made several important discoveries as well. This fact undoubtedly affected American politics during and after the Cold War. It inspired political ideas rooted in scientific superiority and academic achievement.
- What did the Apollo missions achieve? The Apollo program lasted from 1968 until 1972, including six successful missions. Some spacecraft were launched to orbit the Moon and photograph its surface. During the Apollo 11 mission, two astronauts landed and walked on the Moon.
- Did the space race contribute to other tensions between the US and USSR? The competition surrounding space exploration led to many domestic and foreign political changes. Both countries set ambitious goals and cultivated a sense of pride in their achievements. It may be argued that the space race was a continuation of a long tradition of seeking leadership in technology.
- The first woman in space and the history of female astronauts. The story of the first man in space is well-known to most people. However, the USSR also sent the first woman, Valentina Tereshkova, into space in 1963. After that, no flights included women up until the 1980s. Nowadays, female astronauts come from many countries, but men on spacecraft crews still outnumber them.
- The role of Germany in the advancement of rocket technology in World War II. The space race usually mentions two key players—the US and the USSR. However, Germany also affected this competition during and after World War II. Missiles created in Nazi Germany showed that sub-orbital spaceflight was possible. Soviet and American rocket engineers used their military knowledge and transferred it into spacecraft design.
- The Apollo-Soyuz Test Project. In 1972, the US and USSR leaders decided to push for cooperation rather than competition in the space race. As a result, the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project (ASTP) began its development. It was the first international mission; in 1975, two spacecraft docked in space to symbolize unity.
- How did the first men in space contribute to space exploration? Both the US and the USSR were able to send people to space. In 1961, Yuri Gagarin was the first human to fly in Earth’s orbit. In 1969, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong landed on the Moon. Both events significantly contributed to the countries’ national development and interest in space exploration.
Science and Technology Essay Ideas in Space Innovations
- Why should we continue space exploration?
- How much money is spent on space research today?
- What are the future perspectives of space investigation?
- What are the major challenges in geodesy?
- The main types of space telescopes
- Is colonization of the Solar System possible?
- Should more money be invested in spacecraft innovations?
- What space innovations do you think will be invented in the future?
- Do you think humanity can survive an asteroid impact?
- Compare and contrast the colonization of outer space planets in 2 science fiction novels
- What can the previous crashes of spacecraft teach engineers? Many of the space missions failed across the globe. Crewless probes, drones, and spacecraft with a crew can fail at any stage of the flight. However, previous unsuccessful efforts are very useful for scientists.
- The potential for recreational space travel. Millions of people dream of going into space, but the astronaut profession is not for everyone. Recreational travel is a chance for tourists to experience space. It is a question of whether it will be possible.
- Key participants in space exploration innovations in the 21st century. In the last century, the US and USSR were the key countries in space exploration. Now, many nations contribute to innovations and develop new technologies. For example, the International Space Station (ISS) program includes Japan, Canada, Germany, and other countries.
- Elon Musk’s reusable rockets. Currently, most spacecraft cannot be reused for space missions. Many factors lead to aircraft degradation, making it dangerous for second use. One of the goals of Space X, created by Elon Musk, is to develop fully-reusable spacecraft.
- The ideas of space colonization in movies: are any of them realistic? Films such as The Martian, Interstellar, and Alien introduce exciting ideas about space travel. Although they are fictional, they may depict certain devices or scenarios that will be real in the future.
- What are the reasons behind people’s renewed interest in space travel? The end of the Cold War also marked diminished interest in space exploration. For some years, people didn’t pay much attention to it. However, now it appears that the passion for exploration has been sparked again. Many countries are currently working on their own spacecraft, and people see Mars as the new destination to conquer.
- Space drones and other crewless spacecraft for interplanetary exploration. Scientists were able to create various spacecraft to go beyond the limits of the Solar System. One of the latest ideas is to make interplanetary drones that will leave the Earth and gather information in a new way.
- Does the Moon present any potential for travel and colonization? Historically, the Moon landings are considered to be outstanding achievements. Now, the Moon is again the center of discussions. You can explore interesting concepts for colonizing the Moon.
- Technological advancements in creating safe and comfortable spacesuits for different environments. Space travel requires scientists to develop spacesuits that protect people from various harsh environments. For example, landing on Mars would require a suit that withstands great and rapid temperature changes.
💡 Science and Technology Essay Topics: Other Ideas
- The new Face ID technology: is it a revolutionary invention?
- What will technical schools look like in the future?
- Is the human brain more productive than a computer?
- The temperature on the surface of exoplanets
- Thomas Edison’s contribution to technological advancements
- Revolutionary technologies and famous inventions from Japan
- Technologies that make driving safer
- How will people study exact sciences in the future?
- New technologies in modern architecture
- Stephen Hawking’s black holes hypothesis
- Is there a possibility that people’s manual labor might not be necessary for any manufacturing processes in the future?
- Do new technologies influence people’s appearance? How do they do it?
- What would today’s world be like without cellphones and computers?
- What could Leonardo da Vinci possibly invent in the 21st century?
- Will professions that don’t require the human factor remain in demand in several decades?
- What impact do new technologies have on people’s beliefs and personal philosophies?
- New technologies and equipment that helps farmers during the wheat harvest
- Will hover drones replace helicopters in the future?
- What technologies should be implemented to stop pollution on Earth?
- Social media’s impact on the populations of different countries
- If people colonize Mars, what means of communication between two planets might be fast enough to share information?
- How can the problem of lack of Internet connection in some parts of the world be solved?
- A scientific approach to the problem of alcoholism
- NASA’s space projects that will be realized in the next decade
- Spheres in which computer technologies cannot replace human workers
- A scientific approach to global warming: the most efficient methods of the catastrophe prevention
- Useful features in the new generation of computers and smartphones
- Ernest Rutherford’s scientific career and achievements
- Technologies implemented for cleaning the oceans from garbage
- Innovative methods of charging electronic devices
- Scientific research in spaceships: are travels at light speed possible?
- Modern automobiles and technologies that help drivers control their vehicles
- The furthest object that humanity managed to observe with the help of a telescope
- The most ridiculous and useless scientific experiments
- The human brain and a computer: differences and similarities
- Gravity, temperature, and living conditions on the Moon
- What can be possibly found at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean? Will humanity ever reach its deepest point?
- Scientific research on the topic of protecting nature and the environment: ecologic technologies and policies
- Does the popular minimalist movement contribute to new technologies in any way?
- The tallest plants on Earth and where they grow
- Innovative technologies in producing and reserving electricity all over the world
- New technologies that prevent ships from falling over during storms
- Apple’s approach to the safety of their clients’ personal data
- How will the Solar System’s planets’ orbits change in the next century?
- Nanotechnologies used in medicine to heal people with AIDS and cancer
- Earth’s collision with an asteroid in approximately 600 years: actual threat or a hoax?
- Is it ever going to be possible for humanity to travel outside the limits of our galaxy?
- Will humans terraform Mars instead of saving the Earth from an ecological catastrophe?
- Use of nanotechnologies in reducing the amount of garbage on the planet
- New technologies in sports and how will they influence people’s health
- Modern bicycles with reduced risk of accidents on the roads
- The safest means of transport in the world
- Virtual reality and its use in art
- Can disabled people live a full life with the help of virtual reality?
- The best way to travel across the universe and galaxies
- Robots and their use in the mining industry
- Is there a possibility of human clones’ production?
- The most impressive innovations that people expect scientists to develop in the next century
- Nanotechnologies in biology: Is it possible that people might install microchips in their heads to record every memory and valuable data?
- Is it necessary to support human brain activities with the help of technology?
- Social media vs. television: will people stop watching TV altogether?
- New technologies in education: what new methods of teaching and studying might be helpful in colleges and universities?
- How does the world of electronic devices influence people’s relationships with one another?
- A new trend in Japan: marriages with virtual characters
- The effectiveness of physical exercises supported by new technologies
- How long does it take scientists to develop a vaccine against a virus that emerged unexpectedly?
- The diffusion of the Ebola virus and various methods of its prevention in healthy people
- Benefits of the 3D printing technology in healthcare
- In what ways did computers change people’s lives?
- Products that make people’s night rests healthier and their daily activities more productive
- The environmental pollution’s impact on people’s health: toxic gases, dirty water, and GMO foods
- New technologies that help pilots control and land the aircrafts
- Vehicles of the future: how will people travel in several decades?
- What technologies should scientists develop for people to survive on Mars?
- The technology of controlling computers and mobile phones using only brain activity
- New technologies that balance people’s nervous systems and prevent stresses
- Nanotechnologies in ophthalmology: helping children with visual impairments
- People’s mental health and how modern devices influence it
- New technologies in sustainability: recycling methods
- China’s rapid development: technologies that the country uses for its economic system’s growth
- Ways of producing oxygen on Mars in the future
- Technologies that filter water and make it suitable for consumption
- Apps and programs for effective remote work
- How will the Internet change in 100 years, and what technology might replace the World Wide Web in the future?
- Apps and programs that help students in accomplishing and organizing scientific research
- The advantages of using the cloning technologies in household cares
- Undesirable outcomes of people’s dependency on their electronic devices: computers, mobile phones, and gaming consoles
- New technologies in language learning: innovative methods to expand one’s vocabulary
- New technologies used for transplanting vital organs
- The possible harm that robots might cause to humanity
- Is it possible to travel through time, and what technologies might help develop a time machine?
- How ecological fuel that might replace natural gas, petrol, and diesel
- Perpetual motion machine: attempts of different scientists to create an engine with endless resources of energy
- Technologies that Americans use daily
- Scientific inventions or decisions that might save the world from an ecological catastrophe
- How far can people travel from Earth in outer space?
- Automobiles’ aerodynamic qualities and how they have changed since the 1950s
- How do technologies change people’s mentalities and cultures?
- What is the purpose of inventing new warfare technologies if some countries have enough power to destroy our planet?
- The impact of new technologies on military establishment and relationships among countries
- Does the Internet make people more intelligent, or is it the other way round?
- Technologies restricted by law in the territory of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Do Internet search engines such as Google, Ask, and Bing make people less attentive to what they learn?
- If new software requires more memory space on computers, how many terabytes will an average user need to work online in 20 years?
- How can robots help humanity to increase people’s daily productivity?
- New Apple devices that can change people’s lives
- Alternative ways of finding and sharing necessary information in the future
- Will robots coexist with people in 100 years?
- Will translation software ever be able to replace professional interpreters?
- How can robots and other programmed machines provide medical treatment to hospital patients?
- New technologies in the taxi business
- Is technological progress a good thing, or should we deliberately slow it down?
- What technologies cause harm to the environment, Earth’s population, and the oceans?
- Technologies in the tattoo business: the most effective methods of putting colored pigments under the skin
- Does the US government use any technologies that allow them to wiretap people’s private calls? Is it ethical?
- Do values of contemporary people focus on new technologies more than on everything else?
- What technologies should be implemented to reduce the possibility of overpopulation on Earth?
- Are electric cars more cost-effective and productive than vehicles that run on gasoline, diesel, and natural gas?
- Do Face ID and Touch ID technologies protect people’s data from hackers?
- Can any technology reduce the time required for night rests?
- How intelligent are dolphins and whales?
- Newly emerged research areas and branches of science
- The role of synthetic biology in medicine
- Bionics: the main principles and purposes of the new science
- The main principles and objectives of the memetics study
- Neuroeconomics: the ability of the human brain to make wise decisions
- Sonocytology: the study of the sounds and impulses that the human cells make
- Technologies that help people socialize and rehabilitate after long-term
- How can zero gravity in outer space be used for people’s benefit?
- Which countries are known for their achievements in the sphere of chemistry?
- Leading countries in the sphere of technology.
- How long will it take Earth to restore all its resources and energy consumed by humanity?
- Machine learning in restaurant and hotel businesses: Improved methods of cooperating with clients
- The ethics of implanting microchips in animals
- AI in online shopping: is it cost-efficient regarding both time and money?
- New technologies that reduce various health risks in polluted areas
- Innovative methods of completing medical operations are more accurate and reduce the possibilities of unfortunate outcomes
- Process automation aimed at cleaning eggs and removing bacteria from the natural products’ surfaces
- How can the implantation of microchips in the human brain help paralyzed individuals?
- Autopilot installed in heavy trucks
- Payment systems that require people’s eye or face scans: is this technology safer than ordinary passwords?
- Camera options that allow people to film in the 360-degree mode
- Solar batteries and their significance in the modern age
- Smart computers that don’t require a person’s intervention to complete tasks or collect information
- Robotic chefs: the device’s functions and other options that make cooking easier
- The technology of modular phones: why did the idea of creating a phone that consists of multiple blocks fail?
- VR technology that might allow people to feel and touch virtual objects
- Water recycling technology that filters the water people use for showering
- Advanced fishing technologies: sensors, drones, and artificial intelligence
- Gyroscope and various devices based on its working principle
- Newton circle and its spheres of use
- Scientific facts that prove the existence of other life forms in the outer space
- Technologies that make people healthy and fit without effort: are they possible?
- Augmented reality use in the cosmetics business
- Potential branches of science that might lead to the creation of new occupations in the future
- The most valuable resource on Earth and technological methods of its extraction
- Internet-of-Things: how is it used in agriculture?
- Synthetic foods: do they contain any nutritional components?
- What technologies can help people reduce the cost of utilities?
- Entertainment: how will VR technologies influence people’s hobbies in the future?
- How long will it take people to travel between Earth and Mars?
- The temperature on Mars: is it possible for humans to survive on the Red Planet without additional heating devices?
- What will people eat on Mars, and how will they get their food?
- Professions that humanity might need on Mars during colonization
- Messages sent by society in outer space: will they ever be answered?
- If there are other forms of life in different galaxies, how will humans understand and contact them?
- Satellites on our planet’s orbit: what do these devices do, and why are they important for people?
- Is it possible for a human being to stay in a deep freeze for an extended period?
- What do cosmonauts research and observe in the orbit of Earth?
- The main problems of modern science: what issues are scientists trying to solve?
- How dangerous can new technologies be for our environment?
- How do different professions change and improve due to technological development?
- Egyptian pyramids: technologies that ancient Egyptians used to build their pharaohs’ graves
- Contemporary achievements in genetics
- How have helicopters developed since the 1950s?
- German technologies in road building: how is it possible to build a high-quality road for decades?
- Wireless technologies that maternity hospitals use
- What is antimatter, and how can it be used in the medical field?
- How has technology changed our lives compared to people living a century ago?
- The technology you cannot live without
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering?
- Experiments on humans: can they be justified for the sake of science development?
- Can alternative energy technologies provide humanity with sustainable energy resources?
- What technologies can limit the adverse human impact on the environment?
- Smart devices that can help you reduce your carbon footprint
- Is there a connection between human activity and natural disasters?
- Military technology advancement: a way to safety or a global threat?
- Robot army: a scene from a movie or our near future?
- Science and technology for personal safety
- Advances in science and technology for cybersecurity
- Development of technologies for safe online purchases
📝 Science and Technology Essay Prompts
Writing science and technology essays might be a challenging task. Our essay prompts are here to inspire you. Keep reading to make your essay writing even more effortless.
Science in Everyday Life Essay Prompt
Every day we are surrounded by marvelous inventions that can be described in your paper:
- Anything made of plastic. Today numerous industries rely on the production of plastic, from packaging and electronics to aerospace and industrial engineering.
- Anything charged with electricity. The work of people like Alessandro Volta or Andre-Marie Ampere lies at the foundation of the electrical industry.
- Any food item in front of you. Science has revolutionized our approach to food cultivation and raised agricultural productivity to a new level.
- Any modern medicine. At the end of the 18th century, scientist Edward Jenner established that vaccination works. And in the 19th century, the germ theory of disease emerged, which saved millions of lives over two hundred years.
Technology in the Future Essay Prompt
If you choose to write a paper about technology in the future, you can consider describing the following technologies:
- Vision-improving technology. Artificial cornea or iris can provide vision to people with impairments.
- Small living robots. These robots can deliver medicine to different body parts or collect microplastic from the oceans.
- Internet everywhere. Companies such as Google or Facebook use helium balloons, drones, microsatellites, and other technology to provide the Internet to inaccessible areas.
- Dairy products made in a lab. Biotech companies are searching for a way to make dairy products more available and less damaging to the environment. There are already some lab-made dairy products available in the US.
Interest in Science Essay Prompt
If you wish to tell about your interest in science or make your reader interested in it, take a look at these ideas:
- Factors that influence one’s attitude towards science. You can analyze reasons for students’ interest or indifference towards science.
- Parents’ role in children’s attitude towards science. Discuss how parents, their social status, or education level affect their children’s interests.
- How does one’s faith affect their perception of science? Some religious beliefs don’t support scientific ideas about life and the universe.
Importance of Science Essay Prompt
Science is essential for our society, environment, and many other parts of our lives. In your essay about the importance of science, you can include the following points:
- Science is solving the mysteries of our universe. One of the main goals of science is to gain knowledge about the world. It helps us understand different phenomena and find solutions to numerous problems.
- How science benefits society. Science is also used to improve our life quality. Education and knowledge allow us to make our lives easier and more enjoyable.
- The way science helps solve global challenges. Health, agriculture, and other spheres rely on science. Governments also use science to combat issues, such as climate change.
✍️ How to Write a Scientific Essay
To achieve academic prowess in science and technology studies, you will need to get good at writing scientific essays. Here are the general principles of essay writing:
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.Cut 20% off your first order!
|Reference reliable sources.||Your essay should be based on one or more scientific articles. Note that Internet resources are not always acceptable in academic institutions. So, it’s better not to use online sources and look through the books in your university library instead.|
|Keep your sources fresh.||Students should use up-to-date sources of information as the basis of their scientific essays. As a rule, your university or college sets the requirements for the sources. So, before you use an article dated December 1945, consult your tutor.|
|Stay on topic.||Any articles used for your scientific essays should be related to the areas you studied during the semester. That is why it is best to show the articles you’ve found to a tutor to avoid possible misunderstandings.|
Essay on Science and Technology Outline
The structure of a science and technology essay remains the same as basically any other essay type. It includes the following points:
Science & Technology Essay Introduction
In your introduction, you should make your reader interested in your topic. Start with a hook, and don’t forget to include some background information. You can consult our article about writing a good introduction for more info.
An introduction of a science and technology essay about the disadvantages of space exploration can look like that:
Space exploration’s contribution to environmental science is impossible to deny. However, it might also be damaging to the environment itself. Space exploration produces hydrochloric acid and carbon dioxide that contribute to global warming.
Thesis Statement about Technology & Science
Close your introduction with a thesis to state the main point of your essay. Make sure to support your point with evidence throughout the text.
13.00 10.40/page, and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
There should be ways to make space exploration less damaging to the environment since the pollution caused by it is getting worse every year.
Science and Technology Essay Body
The body paragraphs are the central part of your essay. There you show your investigation results and support them with solid arguments. Don’t forget to open each of the paragraphs with a topic sentence that can let your reader know the main idea of the passage (you can learn more from this article about topic sentences by Rochester Institute of Technology.)
Aluminum oxide particles produced during rocket launches absorb the radiation and contribute to global warming. NASA uses fuel that consists of aluminum powder and ammonium perchlorate in their solid booster rockets. They form aluminum oxide when combined. As a result, these rocket launches are damaging to the environment and are one of the causes of climate change and global warming.
Science and Technology Essay Conclusion
The conclusion closes your essay by restating your thesis statement and making your reader want to dive further into your topic. Keep in mind that just saying that “more research on the subject is required” is not what the conclusion should be about. Make sure to include plenty of details in addition to summarizing the articles.
To sum up, although space exploration allows us to know more about our universe and makes our life easier, it also negatively affects the environment. Less damaging ways are needed in order for us to continue gaining knowledge and improving our life quality without hurting our planet.
Choosing Topics Related to Science and Technology
The field of science and technology is so broad that it is not very easy to decide on good science and technology topics right away. That is why we will explain the main issues to pay attention to while picking out a topic for your scientific essay:
- It must be interesting for you as a writer;
- It should be of current importance for readers;
- It has to shed light on some scientific innovations.
If you consider these three points, you’ll have an excellent opportunity to succeed in writing your essays on science and technology.
If you feel lost and unsure what is a worthy topic, try thinking about something down-to-earth and present in our daily lives. For more tips on choosing good topics, check out some brainstorming techniques in our Guide to Academic Writing or use our topic generator.
Scientific Essay: Bonus Tips
- Be sure you correctly understand the chosen problem.
- Formulate your sentences well.
- Use linking phrases within paragraphs and the text as a whole.
- Ensure that your text is cohesive and logical.
- Write in a language that would be clear even to an audience of non-professionals.
- Mind the tone and wording of your technology essay.
- Be careful not to make mistakes in spelling, grammar, style, and format.
- Sound formal but not moralizing.
- Foresee possible questions from your readers and answer them beforehand.
- Call your readers to action and push them toward an adequate response.
Although essays might be one of the most common writing assignments, our free tips are here to make your studies even more enjoyable! We hope the information presented here will help you create an excellent scientific essay. Let us know what you think about our guide in the comments below!
Well, I like your tips and suggestions, but please give us some topics that are related to our issues nowadays. Also, give us some specific and eye-catching title to help us with our article. Thank you : )
Thanks for the advice, Barbie, I’ll keep that in mind 🙂
Excellent post. I’m going through a few of these issues as well.
I hope to write my Science and Technology essay successfully. I read your post and think to complete my essay on Science and Technology without any problems.
Fascinating topics for my essay on Science and Technology! Hm, don’t know which one to choose for my paper… but now this is not a big problem) Thanks!