Do you think 8 a.m. classes are the worst college rule educators could think of? Then keep reading this article by Custom Writing experts! Check the weirdest rules of the strictest colleges in the US & around the globe. As you’ll see, a university doesn’t have to be super religious or conservative to have strange grading standards or practices. Yet, some strict Christian colleges are still on the list.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for
Weird College Rules of the Most Strict Colleges
- Vellore Institute of Technology (India). Using cell phones late at night can mean trouble. The warden can confiscate your phone and make you explain with whom you were talking. E.g., “You know, I’ve been talking with my ex after he got drunk and called me.”
- Oral Roberts University (Oklahoma). There they decided to go further, reaching into the personal lives of their students. This college forbids seemingly innocent activities, such as swearing, dancing, tattoos, and body piercings. The disobedience can result in expulsion.
- Bob Jones University (South Carolina). There they worry about their students’ spirituality. Excessive drinking and even premarital sex and homosexuality are forbidden. Moreover, when a mixed group of students gets together, they need a chaperone to watch their behaviors. Mixed here means consisting of boys and girls.
- Paul Quinn College (Dallas). This college has a strict dress code. It means that they have to dress business casual from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The most interesting thing is the punishment that follows. The first time offenders have to go through community service. The second time offenders get a place in the President’s Runners Club.
- Brigham Young University (Utah). The rules there have a section on grooming. According to that section, a student can’t grow a beard without a doctor’s note. It should say that a student has a special skin condition due to which regular grooming can be dangerous.
- Pensacola Christian College (Florida). In this college, extra studying (!) is prohibited. You might think that it’s not a bad thing at all. Just be sure to check other rules of this college, too. Local calls longer than 30 minutes and loud singing in the shower during quiet hours are prohibited too.
- Christian Liberty University (Virginia). This university prohibits democrats. There once was a student group of democrats, but it was prohibited several days after it was started. The explanation was that democrats support abortion and gay and transgender people.
Don’t you think that your college rules are simply amazing, compared to those weird demands?
These schools are part of religious cults.