In today’s world, fashion has become one of the most significant aspects of our lives. It influences everything from clothing and furniture to language and etiquette. It propels the economy, shapes people’s personal tastes, defines individuals and communities, and satisfies all possible desires and needs.
In this article, Custom-Writing.org experts will present 267 unique fashion topics, discussion ideas, and fast fashion questions worth investigating. We will also help you figure out what the structure of an essay on fashion may look like.
Sounds interesting? Let’s get started!
🔝 Top 12 Fashion Topics to Write About
- Goth fashion: origin and history
- Fashion industry and marketing
- Anti-fashion trends of the 2000s
- The impact of fashion on nature
- The rise of new fashion brands
- The disadvantages of fast fashion
- The use of child labor in fashion
- Fashion as a way to express oneself
- Key principles of eco-friendly fashion trends
- Why do teenagers want to be fashionable?
- What are the benefits of sustainable fashion?
- The role of fashion influencers in setting trends
✍️ Fashion Topics for Essays
Fashion Argumentative Essay Topics
- Fashion is a lifestyle
- Freedom from stereotypes as a feature of unisex clothes
- Aesthetics of Y2K as the height of futuristic fashion
- Sportswear can be a staple in a man’s wardrobe
- Wearing ethnic headdresses is cultural appropriation
- How fashion photography revolutionized the art form
- Fashion psychology is a necessary field of science
- Reasons for Parisian style’s enduring appeal
- What is Athleisure, and why is it popular?
- Modern clothing is less concerned with the body type
- Liberating effects of mixing business and casual clothes
- Why is the classic fashion style timeless?
- Minimalist style is an alternative to consumerism
- Sportswear is an empowering choice for girls
- Clothing styles: from avant-garde to classic, from grunge to glamour
- Radically changing one’s style of clothing can be a healing experience
- Opting for thrift-store clothing is beneficial for the environment
- From classic to outrageous: what makes a fabulous Red Carpet look
- Dress code is the key element of the corporate culture
- How fashion serves as the armor to survive the reality of everyday life
- AI-generated designs are the future of fashion
- Office clothes for the heatwave: new solutions within the dress code
- Fashion shows as activism platforms
- What’s the purpose of motivational prints?
- The psychology of vibrant prints
- Is vegetable-tanned leather superior to artificial leather?
- Wearing leather pants is not for everyone
- Explore the connection between men’s fashion and changing gender roles
- Relationship between fashion and consumerism in the 1960s culture
- We must stop the practice of whitewashing POC fashion models
- Can a face mask be fashionable?
- Marketing practices for male jewelry need to be changed
- Are skinny sunnies useless?
- National identity is constructed through fashion
- Does male fashion need more variety?
- Fighting for environmental justice with fashion
- The best version of yourself: can sportswear inspire you to work out?
- Expert thoughts are more important than amateur fashion criticism
- Assess the impact of women’s fashion on society in 1901-1945
- The role of appearance in consumers’ fashion habits
- Can a fashion trend last longer than a year?
- Construction of body types through definitions of “ideal“
- Examine masculinity and femininity in fashion through a historical lens
- Fashion is political: power dynamics and global exchange
- Stay warm, stay beautiful: benefits of eco-fur coats
- Optical illusions in clothes: tacky or not?
- How did the BLM movement influence fashion?
- The ethics of miniskirts
- Health benefits of linen clothes
To write an argumentative essay about fashion, you’ll need to research a topic by gathering and assessing data and establishing a coherent viewpoint on the subject. Feel free to use our topics for inspiration!
Informative Fashion Topics to Write About
- Representation of gender roles in fashion during the Industrial Revolution
- Branding strategies for the luxury fashion line extensions
- Challenges faced by the fashion industry in Ghana
- Entrepreneurship opportunities in Africa’s burgeoning fashion sector
- Gender distinctions in fashion during the Industrial Revolution
- Compare Elizabethan and Jacobian fashion styles
- Fashion trends and social movements during the Second World War
- Harmful results of the fashion industry’s reliance on ultra-thin models
- Using fashion to embrace differences within subcultures across the world
- Victorian Era fashion for upper-class women
- Evolution of women’s fashion and social roles over the 20th century
- Consumer decision-making processes in the fashion industry
- Influence of Western fashion on Islamic outwear
- Economic and social issues facing the fashion industry
- Diversification of the fashion industry and runway shows
- Effects of AI technology on fashion photography
- How to travel safely with expensive jewelry
- Combining several prints the right way
- Compare Barbie doll outfits with traditional children’s fashion
- Hats off: how to wear a bucket hat in autumn
- Women’s fashion and social movements in the past century
- How to care for white sneakers in winter
- Compatibility of ethical fashion purchases
- Ways to wear high heels without harm to feet and veins
- Fashion professionals’ inspiration from history and culture
- Harder, faster, stronger: the most comfortable cross-fit shoes
- Where to find trendy socks and what to combine them with?
- Role of technology in fashion marketing: Armani case study
- Evolution of women’s clothing throughout history
- Women’s fashion trends between 20th and 21st centuries
- Not a penny more: how to resist impulsive purchases
- Influence of the Elizabethan era on modern fashion
- How do dressing norms vary across the world?
- Strategies for creating teenage fashion trends
- Evolution of fashion and its appearance throughout history
- Role of fashion in the social construction of gender
- The connection between style and the construction of social identities
- People’s engagement with fashion as consumers and designers
- Influence of branding on consumer luxury choices
- Who can be called the “father of fashion”?
- Impact of celebrity fashion on teenagers’ self-image
- Madeleine Chéruit: one of the first woman designers
- The location of the first Fashion Week event and its significance
An informative essay on fashion can focus on trends, practices, textiles, brands, and even the history of fashion. Our topics will definitely help you write an excellent paper.
👒 Fashion Research Topics
- Dressing standards in contemporary democracies
- Impact of buy-back on fashion sub-sourcing
- How much does music affect what people wear?
- Suggest ways of communicating the concept of green fashion across different cultures
- How to manage the supply networks of the Chinese fashion apparel industry
- Explain how to apply theoretical perspectives to fashion case studies
- Vertical integration in the fashion apparel industry
- The impact of AI technology on fashion design and production
- Research the influence of brand and quality on clothing price
- Why is pale skin the standard for beauty?
- Contrast rural and urban approaches to fashion
- Todd Fields’ Tar and its influence on menswear trends
- The cultural and social influences on fashion trends
- How much does globalization influence style?
- The psychological effects of color in fashion
- Does today’s fashion promote a positive body image?
- How have ballgowns changed over the years?
- The role of storytelling in modern branding and design
- The idea behind school uniforms and their design
- Analyze the phenomenon of nostalgia in contemporary art and fashion
- The influence of cultural identity on fashion design
- Is formal attire dwindling in popularity in offices?
- Sustainable fashion: is it succeeding in making a change?
- Write a chronological study of the development of above-knee-length skirts
- Does globalization have an impact on garment design?
- Is it immoral to wear uncomfortable clothing?
- Social media “hauls” in fashion marketing
- Evaluate the use alternate and sustainable materials in the fashion industry
- How contemporary social issues are reflected in fashion design
- The influence of celebrities on international fashion trends
- How does gender identity influence fashion choices?
- The role of fashion and design in ancient societies
- The development of the American fashion industry
- How fashion trends of the 2020s embraced femininity
- The role of body positivity in fashion design
- How does fashion affect political discourse?
- Explain how to read luxury fashion advertisements
- How Western fashion influences the rest of the world
- Evaluate the effect of street style on high fashion trends
- Education in fashion entrepreneurship
- Role of social media influencers in shaping consumer behavior
- The intersection of art and fashion in contemporary design
- The evolution of costume design in film and theater
- What’s the role of diversity and inclusivity in fashion?
- The future of fashion retail in the digital age
- The use of virtual reality in the fashion industry
- Best ways of storing suede clothes and accessories
- How does body positivity impact fashion marketing?
Fashion has always been at the forefront of innovation, from the creation of machines for sewing to the rise of e-commerce. Fashion technology is evolving at a greater rate than ever before. Our research topics will help you look into the most exciting aspects of the fashion industry.
❓ Fast Fashion Research Questions
- How does fast fashion relate to economic cycles?
- How do fast fashion brands copy runway designs?
- What factors led to the emergence of fast fashion?
- What tactics do fast fashion brands use for promotion?
- Why does fast fashion contribute so much to landfills?
- Do fast fashion brands do anything to minimize their negative impact?
- How can we question the ethics of fast fashion brands?
- What revealing information do models provide regarding fast fashion?
- What influences the formation of new trends in the fast fashion industry?
- What are the biggest mistakes of fast fashion companies and their consequences?
- What’s the importance of public coverage in the fast fashion industry?
- What are the leading supply chain management strategies in fast fashion?
- What characterizes consumer behavior in the fast fashion sector?
- How do the production and transportation of fast fashion garments contribute to CO2 levels?
- How are fast fashion factory workers systematically mistreated?
- Shein fast fashion brand: what’s the price of its success?
- Why is disposable fashion popular among low-income customers?
- Why we’re buying more clothes than ever but wearing them less?
- What are the most effective ways of boycotting fast fashion brands?
- How can you determine which brands are using greenwashing?
- What can be done about transparency issues among fashion brands?
- Why is the fashion industry the world’s second-largest polluter?
- What are the implications of physical and sexual abuse among H&M workers?
Fast fashion refers to the massive production of inexpensive garments. This approach makes clothes more affordable but has severe ethical and environmental implications. You can explore them in your paper with the help of our research questions about fast fashion.
👜 Fashion Article Topics to Write About
- The role of public opinion in choosing clothes
- Do fashion brand newsletters affect sales?
- The influence of Instagram on the fashion industry
- How to create lookbooks for brands
- Tacky is the new stylish: why are Y2K fashion choices back in style?
- How to care for white sneakers in winter
- Eco trend: three great brands will give your jeans a second life
- Warm and fluffy fleece: what it is and how to wear it
- The fashion blogging sphere and its subdivisions
- Evaluate the impact of politics on fashion
- Review the principles of news coverage of prestigious fashion shows
- How bloggers can promote daring fashion designs
- The evolution of fashion blogging over the past ten years
- Latest critical events in the fashion media space
- The enduring appeal of fashion magazines
- What affects the share of television news in fashion shows?
- The impact of activism on fashion trends
- How can we bring revolutionary ideas to sustainable fashion?
- The effect of influencer promotion on emerging brands
- What are the required qualifications for a fashion news reporter?
- Tips and tricks for beginner fashion photographers
- Ways of creating trends by ignoring specific rules in fashion
- Fashion blogging as a way of self-expression
- International relations in fashion companies
- Clothing as a way to express political views
- Opportunities to create a trendy blog space
- How to accumulate knowledge about fashion
- The difference between Grunge and Biker styles
- How to overcome a crisis in personal style
- Methods of collecting information for a feature story about fashion
- How online blogging is replacing printed fashion publications
- Best ways to make fashion photography more inclusive
- The rise of Barbiecore: femininity and nostalgia
- Cycles in fashion and future trends
- Opportunities for networking with fashion brands
- Personal style as a factor in self-realization
- Assess the prevalence of fake reviews in the fashion industry
- Old trends returning: is it the essence of fashion?
The fashion industry is a vast spectrum that includes countless sub-fields and trends. The popularity of articles and blog posts on fashion is on the rise. Write one yourself with the help of our topics!
🗣️ Fashion Topics to Discuss
- The legacy of Elsa Schiaparelli
- What makes a good brand logo?
- The history of the Oxford shoes
- Reflection of feminist trends in clothing
- Zara: brand’s features and history
- The impact of French fashion on global trends
- Implementation of modern technologies in fashion using 3D printers
- How fashion designers’ personalities are reflected in their designs
- Individual styles of Giorgio Armani and Versace: comparative aspect
- Contemporary trends in established fashion brands: Chanel case study
- The problem of the inconsistency of new fashion trends
- Features of fashion design during the coronavirus pandemic
- Military style as the romanticization of war
- Elements of Classic Hollywood’s clothing and makeup
- The individual style in the fashion of Ilaria Urbinati
- Explore the aspects of harmony between clothes and accessories
- Features and the instrumentation of theatrical costumes
- Compare the characteristics of fashion trends in France
- How Native Americans’ national dress contributed to fashion
- How fashion brands choose their muses and ambassadors
- Features of mass production in garment manufacturing
- Jewelry design as an essential component of modern fashion
- What are the characteristics of a collaboration between hairdressers and stylists?
- Features of popularization of plus size clothing in America
- The main trends in Asian fashion: China and Japan
- Evaluate the importance of marketing research for clothing stores
- Advantages of the mass market in developing countries
- The origin of second-hands in Eastern Europe
- Modern trends of men’s suits for business meetings
- Design of sports uniforms at the 2022 World Cup
- Differences in casual style in different states of America
- Advantages of boat shoes and moccasins: comparative aspect
- Stereotypes and benefits of sustainable fashion
- Research market monopolization of eyewear styles by Ray-Ban
- The problem of mindlessly following the latest trends
- Inclusive trends in the underwear design
- The impact of subcultures on modern fashion
- How pop culture influences fashion
- Features of ethical fashion in Australia
- The transition from sophistication to comfort in fashion
- The no-bra movement as part of the feminist concept
- Elements of mask fashion during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Gender-neutral clothing as a symbol of the gender revolution
- Fashion as a character in Quentin Tarantino’s movies
Fashion reflects people’s thoughts, identities, and cultures. It can influence and shape lives because of its close connection to all things surrounding us. That is why there are still a lot of controversial discussion topics. If you’re looking for good fashion topics to talk about, feel free to pick any of the ideas above.
💡 Fashion Essay Prompts
Fast Fashion Essay Prompt
Fast fashion refers to clothing designs that travel swiftly from the runway to stores to capitalize on trends. The collections are frequently inspired by styles seen during Fashion Week or worn by celebrities. Fast fashion allows mainstream consumers to get the hottest new look or the next great thing at a reasonable cost, but it also has its drawbacks.
Can’t find good fast fashion topics? Get inspired with the following questions:
- What does the term “fast fashion” mean? In your essay, you can explain the definition of the term and explore its history.
- Who are the fast fashion leaders in the market? Here, you can analyze the current mass-market clothing companies, such as Zara, H&M, and others. What strategies do they use? What makes them popular?
- What are the benefits of fast fashion? Fast fashion contributes to the economy, lets low-income individuals wear stylish clothes, and leads to the overall democratization of fashionable clothing. You can discuss some of these points in your paper.
- What are the drawbacks of fast fashion? Although it has many benefits, fast fashion is seen as a primarily negative phenomenon. It promotes consumerism, contributes to pollution, and exploits underpaid workers.
- How does fast fashion pollute the environment? One of the main disadvantages of fast fashion is the pollution it causes. It contributes to greenhouse emissions and pollutes the oceans through the use of harmful chemicals.
Fashion and Identity Essay Prompts
Fashion is important because it contributes to the formation of people’s identities. It creates a sense of belonging to a specific group through what we wear. How we utilize fashion also helps us express our personalities.
Since fashion is an especially relevant topic for students, it can be a great college essay topic. Here are some ideas you can discuss:
- Your opinion on modern trends. Here, you can discuss the trends you like or dislike and the reasons for that.
- Connection with peers through style. You can analyze how clothing style reflects one’s personality and tastes and if it helps bond with others.
- Fashion as a way to reflect social status. In your essay, you can explore how fashion and clothing choices can create an illusion of a higher social status and class.
- Fashionable ways to reflect your authentic self. Here, you may focus on how clothing style can also serve as a tool for self-expression and be a crucial element for creating the right impression.
- Fashion methods to boost confidence. Analyze how wearing proper clothes can also make one more confident.
Sustainable Fashion Essay Prompt
Few industries brag about their commitment to sustainability more than the fashion industry. Items ranging from swimwear to wedding dresses are advertised as carbon-positive, organic, or vegan. Sadly, the fashion industry’s experimentations over the last 25 years have failed to reduce its environmental impact. Here are the themes you can focus on in your essay:
- The importance of sustainable fashion. Start by discussing the fashion industry’s influence on the environment and climate change. Then, turn your attention to the new safe models of the fashion business.
Prompt for an Essay on Fashion and Style
Style and fashion play a major role in reflecting modern society’s values, norms, and cultural trends. This makes them excellent topics for essays. Your paper on fashion and style may raise the following questions:
- How do changes in fashion reflect transformations in broader social and economic structures? For this topic, you should explore fashion history to analyze the correlation between fashion trends and social situations.
- How did the mainstreaming of streetwear affect its role as a subcultural style? Fashion has always played an essential role in subcultures. Streetwear is particularly important for numerous subcultures, from hip-hop to the skate scene. What does the popularization of streetwear and its elements mean for their unique identity?
- How has the rise of digital platforms impacted our relationship with fashion and style? In your essay, you can discuss how social networks help quickly spread new trends. What are the pros and cons of this phenomenon?
- Can fashion be truly inclusive and accepting, or are attempts of representation simply performative? You may focus on a particular brand’s strategy or cover the issue in general.
- How can consumers make better aesthetic choices when making fashion purchases? Here, you can suggest your ideas for keeping up with the trends without compromising one’s personal style.
✅ Fashion Essay Writing Tips
Need some assistance with structuring your fashion essay? Check out our handy guide with helpful advice! We’ve also included examples you can use for inspiration.
Fashion Essay Introduction
To write a great introduction for your paper on fashion, do the following:
- Write a hook. Introduce your topic in a catchy opening sentence to make your reader invested in your essay. It can be an interesting fact, a quotation, or an intriguing question.
Fashion and sociology may seem like they have nothing in common, but are they really so different?
- Give some background. Provide enough information to familiarize the reader with the topic.
Throughout history, fashion has impacted society and reflected its cultural and economic changes. Additionally, this impact has evolved to be recognized psychologically, with people identifying mentally and emotionally with fashion to interpret visual information.
- Explain unknown words. You may be using terms that are essential to understanding the essay but are unfamiliar to your readers. Make sure to define them as early as possible.
Basque is an extension below the waistline of a fitted bodice or jacket.
- Find interesting information for your introduction. For example, you can look up a piece of statistics demonstrating the scope of the issue you intend to address.
The U.S. fashion market is estimated to be worth $343.70 billion.
Thesis Statement about Fashion
There are 3 key characteristics of a good thesis statement:
- Providing a clear and concise claim that needs to be clarified and supported by additional discussion.
- Demonstrating your main idea and arguments.
- Showing your understanding of challenges and conflicts.
Here’s what it can look like:
Despite all the fierce advertising and promotion, it is our own likes, dislikes, and emotions that impact what we wear.
You can also check out our free thesis statement generator. It will help make your essay even better!
Fashion Essay: Main Body
A good body paragraph has a clear structure with 3 key elements:
- A topic sentence is the opening statement of a paragraph that expresses its key idea.
- Supporting evidence bolsters your core idea after the topic sentence.
- Concluding sentences can express an opinion, forecast events, or serve as a transition.
Fashion encourages us to unleash our creativity. Combining different pieces of textiles and jewelry allows anyone to stay fashionable and dress creatively. All of these things have the potential to foster our ingenuity and creativity. Also, fashion provides us with experiences to evaluate our innovative selves.
Fashion Essay Conclusion
The conclusion should summarize your essay’s main ideas. To write it, take the following steps:
- Reflect on the topic of your paper in the restated thesis.
- Inform the reader of how your supporting evidence helped strengthen your main claim.
- Give a few final ideas regarding the significance of your topic.
- Avoid introducing any new information.
- Summarize all the essential points.
Check out what a conclusion may look like:
Whether we like to admit it or not, fashion significantly impacts most people’s lives. It aids in reflecting a country’s culture, expressing ourselves, or inspiring creativity. That is precisely why we should not judge the fashion industry but rather embrace it as a part of everyday life.
We hope our 269 unique fashion topics will inspire you to write a great paper! We’ll be happy if you leave a comment below or share this page with your friends you may need inspiration.