In both high school and university, you will be required to write research papers. Yes — papers in the plural. And that’s the first reason you may want to turn to Custom Writing and ask us, “write my research paper.” The very first undertaking, when assigned a paper, is to choose from the colossal list of topics for research papers that are available (and here comes the second reason to buy college essays online).
This is a daunting, even intimidating task, one that many people would prefer to circumvent altogether.
The bottom line is:
There are literally hundreds of topics from which to choose, and it can be problematic to know where to begin. However, selecting a high school research paper topic or a college research topic is perhaps less problematic than you think — particularly when you have help available (can be custom essay order).
Let’s verify you have a complete comprehension of what a research paper is and what writing one entails. After all, you can’t be expressive and creative with a worthy topic if you don’t know how to write a paper. And don’t forget to develop a habit to proofread by Grammarly. This way, you’ll easily eliminate grammar and punctuation mistakes.
1. ❓ What Is a Research Paper?
If you aren’t clear on what a research paper is, then you won’t get very far when writing one. A research paper is just as its name suggests — a form of academic writing that necessitates the independent investigation of a specified topic and reports the unique results of that investigation.
Suny Empire State College provides a great and exhaustive explanation of what a research paper is.
In order to write a paper, you are required to write a research question. This is a question associated with your topic that acts as a guide during your research, enabling you to focus and provide unique arguments.
Before you can produce a research question, you have to choose from the countless research topics available. With that in mind, let’s examine how you can discover some unique research paper topics about which to write.
2. ✍️ How to Find Research Topics to Write About
Unearthing a topic about which to write will be governed by a number of factors, including:
- The course for which the paper is assigned
- Whether there is a topic assigned to you by the professor
- Whether you are given a broad-spectrum subject area
- How much freedom you are given to branch out and select a topic
Hopefully, you have been furnished with some freedom of choice when it comes to choosing from the wealth of academic paper topics. However, if you do have some choice in the matter, you might be speculating about how to narrow it down.
You are in luck!
There are a number of ways to effectively comb through the abundance of research paper topics and discover one that will work well for you. Here are some suggestions:
- Ask your professor. He or she might seem like a task-master, but chances are your professor wants you to succeed and might have some fabulous research paper ideas. You can also inquire with other university staff and graduate students for ideas. These people know the field well, and it provides you a way to get to know them better, something that will work to your advantage.
- Browse through scientific journals and research papers, but be sure to adhere to the most recent research possible. There are bound to be problems and issues discussed in published papers that would make a great research paper topic.
- Investigate other professional and government publications for research project ideas. Again, keep to the most recent publications within the last three to five years, if possible.
- Browse through your library catalog to uncover the most interesting areas of study in your field.
- Take notes everywhere you go! It doesn’t matter if you are in class listening to your professor give a lecture, traveling, reading a magazine, watching the news, or watching a TV show or movie. Research paper ideasare absolutely everywhere! Write things down whenever you come across something unique and interesting, and you just might find a topic to pursue.
When it comes down to it, deciding on one of the many academic essay topics is the most substantial step of the process. This video guides you through the process of choosing a topic.
Once you have that narrowed down, you can focus your research and write a remarkable paper. Now, we want to give you some help. What follows is an extensive list of the most interesting research topics to get you started.
3. ⭐ Topics for Research Papers
Now that you have a good idea of how to search for college research paper topics, you are ready for some suggestions. What follows is a list of good research topics. You might like one of them right off the bat, or you might be inspired by a particular topic and write something related to it.
Want to know the best part?
By the time you are finished reading this academic topics list, you will feel much more proficient in writing your research paper.
4. 💻 IT Research Paper Topics
Perhaps some of the best college research topics these days are IT research paper topics. Explore these ideas for the most interesting research paper topics for college:
- Interrelation, patterns, and existing theories on behavior and IT
- Common services center vs. community multimedia center: selecting the correct variety of IT service
- Racial and gender issues in the IT domain
- Innovative theories regarding computer imitation of a human being
- The impact of digitization of medical records on the IT domain
5. 🏺 Topics for your Research Project on History
Human history is abundant in many treasures, and despite what you might believe, not all of them have been explored. There are many incredible history research topics, such as:
- Palestine and the Golan Heights
- The most remarkable revolutions in history
- Has Slavery transformed the development of the western world?
- Could damage from the bubonic plague have been diminished?
- Strange medieval family laws and their influence on society
- Life in London in the 15th century
- Religious cults in ancient societies
6. 🧠 Psychology Research Paper Topics
Psychology has to offer an almost infinite amount of issues to research. Just look through the discoveries made over the past decades, and you can understand that the human mind holds as many mysteries as the deep ocean.
It is why we would like to suggest a list of great experimental research topics for college students related to psychology. The science of human behavior is even more exciting when you can try your theories on practice.
If you still can’t decide on the topic for your thesis, just look through this collection of compelling proposals to give yourself an inspirational boost.
- What is the correlation between personality and taste in literature? It’s obvious that people with similar interests get in groups. Does it mean that they have similar personalities, though?
- Conformity in college and high school: a scientific approach. Check how your course mates tend to agree with others and don’t forget to write it down!
- Do men and women have different short-term memory mechanisms? Quite easy to conduct an experiment, but be careful approaching it in terms of gender issues.
- Optical illusions from the perspective of people with creativity skills. What if people who tend to be artistic and creative can see something in the common optical illusions that others can’t?
- The gut feeling: how do you feel when others stare at you? Some studies showed that you are more likely to wake up in the night because someone is staring at you. It’s creepy, though…
- Tricking the taste buds: how does smell affect the taste? How much can the smell of an onion confuse your sense of taste while you are eating an apple?
- The Stroop Effect, and how does age influence it? Check whether the age of the participants influences their ability to name the colors.
- Does having a symmetrical face make us seem more attractive? It is very rare that someone has perfectly identical left and right sides of the face. But how noticeable is it?
- Analyze the capacity of the short-term memory of your peers. The easiest way is to measure it by memorizing words and comparing the numbers later.
- Does the genre affect the connection “movie-popcorn”? Chewing something is almost a must-do in the cinema. But what type of movies triggers this behavior more than others?
- What are the signs of addiction to social media noticeable in public? Spend some time in the local coffee shop, watching people on their phones, and note any signs of addiction they show.
- The psychological effects of having breakfast: learning performance. Check if your course mates who have breakfast are more successful in learning than those who don’t.
- Music vs. body: how does your body respond? Measure different biomarkers while listening to different types of music. Maybe you’ll find perfect motivational beats!
- What color should your room be to improve your learning outcome? Blue is more calming than red, which is used on sports contents. But what about boosting your learning abilities?
- Favorite color as a result of childhood attraction. Try to trace the childhood memories of your friends. Maybe their favorite color is pink because they had pink walls in their room.
- Biomarkers and colors: what is the correlation? Check how seeing different colors can stimulate specific responses from the body, for example, in heart rate.
- Colors and mood: can the color of your bedsheets make your day? The first thing you see in the morning is quite important. How would a specific color affect your mood?
- What is the correlation between stress levels and procrastination? There is a relation for sure, but does procrastination cause stress or the other way around?
- How much can we trust the long-term memory? Ask people to tell you about some random event from their past. Then, ask them to do the same later. Do the stories match?
- Negative influences of sleep deprivation on social behavior. Track some students’ behavior when they don’t get enough sleep and see how it affects their relationship with others.
- The origin of phobias and fears: engaging the monster within
- Dreams: are they messages from within?
- Mechanisms of thinking: it’s all in your head
- Factors that influence behavior and character
- Mechanisms of aggravating habits
- Why people yearn for their past
- What entices people to amass the most preposterous things?
- Is autism a disease or a development idiosyncrasy
- The impact and outcomes of social networks and mental health
- How memory works: recalling the essential
- How depression impacts the immune system
- A phenomenon-oriented approach to the study of depression
- How to manage post-traumatic stress disorder in children
- Depression as a cause of celiac disease
- Fighting depression with techniques to relieve anxiety
- The consequences of depression and relationship problems
- Eating behaviors in different cultures
- How behavioral patterns develop
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns
- Differences and similarities in the behavioral patterns of diverse cultures
- Is there a genetic link to optimism that can shape behaviors and attitudes?
- The causes and consequences of insomnia
- How to combat child violence
- How defense mechanisms and behavioral patterns work
- How fear-related beliefs fit into the cognition process
- Following the cognitive process involved in anxiety disorders
- How to fight emotional distress
- Unusual mental health cases and cognition deviations
- Applying psychological approaches to ethical reality
- How motivation plays a role in human development
- The shared elements of self-affiliation and self-determination
- An examination of the causes and results of drug and alcohol abuse
- New ideas regarding the peculiarities of rational and social development
- How practicing a healthy lifestyle cures disease and promotes wellness
- Evaluating the challenges of preterm development in children
- How to battle cognitive deficit in Parkinson’s disease
- Is attention deficit disorder a neuropsychological problem?
- Examining the process of making decisions and taking risks
- The impact of music genres on how the brain works
- How to fight childhood disorders
- Shattering long-standing myths about ADHD
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
7. 🎓 Research Project Topics on Education
Research project ideas around education are always changing. This has resulted in a wide range of research topics, such as:
- Where theory encounters reality in gender issues
- Test anxiety with regard to contemporary methods of teaching
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The mental process behind human learning
- Should children be rebuked when they misbehave?
- How to prohibit school bullies and harassment
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Positives and negatives of contemporary methods of teaching and state-of-the-art innovations
- The function of technology in lesson planning
- Is there a one-size-fits-all strategy for education?
8. 📺 Cultural Research Topics
Perhaps there is nothing more complex than human culture and how people have interacted with each other throughout history. For this reason, these cultural topics might be of interest to you:
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on how people comprehend the world
- The implicit messages of mass media: what you see is what you get
- How the most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20th century influenced contemporary art
- The repetition of cultural tendencies: the Greeks did it first
- Social roles adults endorse to children via toys
- Social models mass media bestows on teenagers and adults
- Eating habits in dissimilar cultures
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The segmentation and integration of humans
- The impact of AIDS on mankind
- A new comprehension of past events
- Unearthing a common language: divorce prevention and family therapy
- Painting a portrait of the average American family
- The roots of antisemitism and how it manifests today
- A case against cruelty to living beings
- An examination of the current job market and unemployment
9. 🗣️ Argumentative Essay Topics
It is easy to find unique argumentative research paper topics. After all, we live in a crazy world in which all kinds of interesting things happen. Here are some suggestions:
- Political commitment and television
- Can people of different races ever understand each other
- Abusive relationships: where to draw the line on what relationships should Be allowed to exist
- Are there realistic limitations on abortion?
- The many guises of violence in society
- The impact of women on world history
- Are social interactions possible without lies
- Dealing with overpopulation: can it be accomplished ethically?
- Torture: is it ever acceptable?
- Human dependence on computers: beneficial or harmful
- Post-9/11 security measures: an invasion of privacy or good sense
10. 🔬 Topics for Your Science Research Paper
Science is always bursting with new and exciting topics as we delve deeper into the mysteries of the universe and technology. Here are a few topic suggestions:
- How nanotechnology will impact modern science
- Will uranium isotopes precipitate the next scientific revolution?
- How psychoactive drugs influence the central nervous system
- Deafness and using echolocation
- The role of erythropoietin and calcitriol in the human body
- The process of feeling pain: treatment and pain relievers of the future
- Is nuclear energy too hazardous to use?
- Nuclear weapons: a responsibility for which no country is prepared
- People’s impact on climate change: the cost of a technological breakthrough
- Key issues and potential solutions for toxic waste disposal
- Are the effects of global warming reversible?
- The future of NASA
- Black mold: the bathroom invasion
11. 💉 Health Topics for Research Papers
Just like science, health care is always changing, particularly as technology advances. With new discoveries in disease research and new technology being developed every day, the following topics are great examples of what you can write about in your paper:
- Should image scan radiation be reduced to a minimum level?
- Health care and insurance: concerns and problems
- The most likely outcomes of recent health care reform
- Old theories and new methods of sports injury rehabilitation
- A look at celebrities who have battled cancer
- A comparison of conventional and alternative cancer treatments
- How clean needle programs benefit society
- The need for education on nutrition in school
12. 👔 Business Research Topics
Business is a broad field, so there are plenty of topics you can write about, such as:
- Deliberating in the secrets of effective leadership
- How time management influences the prosperity of a company
- How to resolve a conflict between staff and management
- The function of diversity in the workplace of the 21st century
- Management by walking around: effective or fruitless?
- Should businesses be regulated: pros and cons
- Social media and word-of-mouth in the digital age
- How the digital age has transformed small businesses
- How mobile technology is altering the workplace
- How the millennial employee is transforming the workplace
13. 📚 Literature Research Paper Topics
Sometimes, there is no surrogate for a great paper on literature, and with the changing world, there are always innovative ways to observe literature, even the classics. Here are a few topic suggestions:
- The innovative era: poets of the 21st century
- A dissection of the most illustrious novels in history
- The hunger games: over and above pulp fiction
- The future of copyright
- An examination of racism in novels from the 1960s and 1970s
- The perception of exile in literature
- Culture and literature: which affects which?
- An examination of homosexuality in literature
14. 🗳️ Political Research Topics
- The American policy of intervention
- The future of the European union
- Causes of world hunger
- Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction
- The Justice system and juvenile criminals
- Was media coverage of SARS adequate
15. 😂 Fun Research Topics
- How people are affected by the death of a game character
- Challenges faced by people creating their own cartoon
- Beloved comic strip characters and their influence on society
- An examination of UFOs: fact or fiction
- What if aliens do exist: the impact on humanity
- Is there a differentiation between déjà vu and precognition?
- The existence of spirits and how to communicate with them
- Theories regarding the Bermuda triangle
- Investigating alternative cosmology theories
- Does fortune telling have a scientific basis?
- Law of attraction: fact or fiction?
- Who is more intelligent, men or women?
16. 👥 Sociology Research Paper Topics
As an additional interest for studies, a sociology research paper can be written with the purpose of learning this or that aspect of society’s life. You can both use personal experience and cover new nuances for you, based on the research of other authors and drawing your personal conclusions. Interesting research projects in this area can have the following topics:
- Problems of the marriage and family: a divorce research paper. This article can study the relationship in different families and problems that can arise.
- Observance of public behavior standards as the feature of the civilized society. You can describe modern social ideals.
- Comparison of sociological laws in different historical epochs. The rules of attitude towards various social phenomena can be disclosed in such a paper.
- The influence of personality on public development and progress. You can describe the power of the personality and what one person can do to contribute to social development.
- Opportunities for searching optimal criteria for the personality socialization. Such a paper aims at revealing the ways of how people can uncover their potential.
- Cultural formation of the personality in the context of modern public reality. This type of work can be connected with describing the ways of people’s cultural development.
- Attempts to socialize adolescents and people with deviant behavior. This topic is quite relevant and should describe how people who are prone to criminal behavior can correct their way of life.
- Work on improving the microclimate in the work collective and creating conditions for comfortable work. The theme aims at finding optimal techniques to improve relationships among employees.
It is essential to remember that a good research paper on the subject of sociology will be appreciated by readers if you study a specific social phenomenon in detail, carry out statistical analysis, and perform a number of important procedures. The purpose of a research paper in this field is to cover current public issues, reveal important aspects of various problems, and, if possible, offer optimal solutions. This science requires quite an accurate and well-reasoned result. Any deviations and ambiguous arguments can be regarded as an author’s incompetent attempt to investigate a complex topic.
With all of these topics at your disposal, you might still be feeling a little overwhelmed. However, they are divided into categories to make choosing one easier. However, it might be helpful to look at some great research paper samples.
17. 🎯 Specific Research Proposal Topics
Composing a research proposal is sometimes an important part of a big study. If you are planning to not only describe a specific problem or to convey an idea to your readers but expect to promote your personal theory and receive the approval of a respected scientific community, it is almost always necessary to draw up a corresponding proposal where you can describe special moments and present certain ideas. Different types of articles can be included in this category: an analytical research paper, work on identifying the best ways and techniques for a particular topic, etc. The preparation of research proposal articles has some nuances, and the following topics can be studied:
- The way to conduct optimal trade relationships. You can study appropriate techniques and offer specific methods to improve the situation in a particular company.
- The advantages of electronic management systems. This theme will be connected with describing the merits of modern ways of managing specific spheres of production.
- Useful innovations in modern life. Research paper subjects can be different: medicine, sociology, business, etc.
- The best management techniques: methods of control. The topic should describe the behavioral features of successful managers.
- The implementation of nursing theories in practice. The research paper proposal should have an appropriate scientific basis and describe corresponding medical issues.
The video below provides detailed instructions on how to compile good research projects on the topic of the proposal. It is significant to follow these rules so that the article to be up-to-date and properly formatted. Any attempts to bring something new are generally welcome; however, it is important not to forget about established rules.
18. 👩⚕️ Nursing Research Paper Topics
A nursing research paper format cannot be free since this type of work also refers to an academic article and is to have relevant characteristics. In particular, it is about the rules of citation, for example, an APA research paper format. In order to make the right article and conduct high-quality research, it is recommended to know some tips and use the following topics if necessary:
- Nursing techniques to care for patients in intensive care units. The summary of the research paper of this theme can include a description of the best practical methods.
- Patients’ education and useful materials. The theme aims at discovering the best digital and other information that will be suitable for patients’ education.
- Ideas on how to achieve a better quality of nursing care. The topic will reveal various offers, and this research paper cover page should include the same title.
- Experienced researchers’ opinions on improving the state of nursing in hospitals. The ideas of different authors should be used, and an APA research paper of this type should imply compliance with rather strict standards for the design of used sources.
- Patient-oriented type of care and its advantages. This scientific research essay is a document that can reveal the merits of a specific nursing approach.
- Potential risks for nurses in the workplace. Both a junior research paper and a senior research paper of this theme should competently describe all possible dangers that medical employees can face.
- Care for people of different social backgrounds. If it is an English research paper, it should uncover the ways how to care for people speaking other languages and having different cultural and social levels of development.
- Do nurses need additional stimuli to improve their qualifications? You can write many interesting research papers on this topic, and all of them can include various lists of bonuses and incentives that can be connected with the post of the nurse.
- The necessity for nurses’ additional education. The theme can describe some spheres that will be suitable for nursing education; research paper subjects can be different.
The compliance with the specific research project ideas will allow you to write a high-quality paper and will give you the opportunity to conduct research at a high level. Having completed the document, you can summarize and identify its crucial points. Following the rules of formatting is an integral part of working on any academic text.
19. 🎨 Research Project Topics on Art
In the process of writing research articles, it is necessary to adhere to a certain topic. Nevertheless, the very theme of the research paper can be absolutely any. It is impossible to write an abstract research paper since such an article always touches on a specific topic and provides a real search for optimal ways of solving a particular issue. There are a few suggestions that can be helpful in the process of writing. If we talk about such an interesting sphere as the world of art, themes can be as follows.
- How is ideology reflected in architecture? Naturally, ideologies are largely represented in media, but they also influence architecture in many ways. You can study this topic at several points in time.
- How does photography represent reality? In this paper, you can discuss if photography reflects reality, interprets it, or constructs it.
- The significance of linear perspective. If you draw a linear perspective on a flat surface, you will create the illusion of depth. Discuss how this magic trick works in your paper!
- Art and the unconscious mind. It’s an excellent topic that lets you explore psychology. Try to answer the questions of how the unconscious mind influences the creation and perception of art.
- The evolution of horror films. This film research paper topic covers everything from silent films to modern horror movies. You can discuss the influence of film noir on the genre, literary works that influenced it, the concept of “suspense,” and so on.
- Physiological aesthetics in Surrealism. It is a known fact that Surrealists were inspired by psychoanalysis and dream imagery. You can explore this topic in a paper or use it for a presentation!
- Deconstruction in architecture. The philosophical movement of deconstructivism influenced many spheres of life and art, including architecture. It allowed the creation of seemingly nonsensical forms and environments.
- Sociology of fine art. This is a relatively new branch of sociology, which deals with arts and social structures of their production. It also includes political trends that influence art, consumerism, and other social phenomena.
- Jewelry as sculpture. This topic lets you explore fantastic avant-garde jewelry and how contemporary artists such as Jeff Koons use it to create sculptures.
- The discourse of Modernist painting in the 1950s. This topic covers experimental and abstract paintings of artists who rejected the realistic approach. Mention political agendas that influenced modernism in the ’50th.
- Abstract Expressionism. Here you can discuss postwar artists such as Rothko and Pollock, as well as their predecessors Ernst and Kandinsky.
- Andy Warhol’s influence on art. This art research paper topic covers not only pop art, but also films, music, aphorisms, the concept of “superstars,” and other aspects of Andy Warhol’s influence.
- The art of street photography. Street photography is usually spontaneous, which helps to create realistic and powerful imagery. Write about the art of photographing urban landscapes and the most influential candid photographers.
- The history of animation. Techniques preceding animation have existed long before the invention of cinematography. Puppetry, shadow play, magic lantern – all these things relate to animation in one way or another.
- Are video games art? This idea seemed impossible in the past, but now many video games are considered art for their use of imagery, music, and compelling narrative.
- Art as a form of protest. This includes protests against tradition or political causes. You may also talk about the role of art in bringing about a change in society.
- Renaissance sculpture. This topic is just as interesting as the Renaissance painting. During that period, the art of sculpture had reached its peak. Sculptors of the Renaissance were influenced by Ancient Greek statues, as well as by Humanism.
- Relationship between architecture and environment. Here you can discuss eco-friendly or “green” architecture.
- Modern ceramics as an art form. In the last decade, ceramics became a very popular art form. From prehistoric pottery to intricate porcelain forms – ceramics is a great medium that can often be compared to sculpture.
- Science fiction in cinema. The earliest science fiction films were created back in the late 19th century by Georges Melies. In 1927, Fritz Lang’s silent film Metropolis revolutionized science fiction cinema. Explore it in your research paper!
- The peculiarities of Da Vinci’s masterpieces. The paper will reflect the talent of the great European master and describe his Best Works.
- The trends of art in Medieval Europe. The topic should uncover modern trends in the art of the Middle Ages and include the description of some styles; it can the article of any format, even a 10-page research paper. The main thing is to fully reveal all the distinctive features of that epoch.
- The history of European Art in the 20th century. The research can be devoted to some trends in the previous century.
- The most outstanding artists in the world’s history. The paper should tell about the most famous artists of all the epochs.
- Why do people appreciate art? This article can include your own ideas concerning the subject.
- How do artists reflect their talent today? Your task is to try to study the methods that modern artists use to attract the audience.
- Skills that a professional artist should possess. The aim of this article is to study some skills that should be necessary for the work of the artist. Regardless of whether you write research papers for sale or not, you should try to express not only well-known ideas but also your personal point of view.
- Is it possible to develop artistic talent? Try to express your ideas concerning the opportunity for mastering proper skills.
- The benefits of cooperation with other artists. This topic touches upon probable advantages that artists can gain when cooperating with their colleagues.
- Themes that are the best for the canvas. You can develop a number of research abstract topics on this theme and convey the best motives to paint that seem the most successful for you.
- The absence of inspiration. The theme should reveal what authors should do to develop their inspiration.
- Chronological order of art development in the world. It is a rather accurate paper that should mention the most significant stages of art development.
- Do people appreciate the work of artists? You could try to study the audience’s attitude toward artists’ work.
- The methods to attract young people to art. The topic is connected with a social issue and aims at popularizing art in masses.
- Do artists need additional knowledge? This theme implies for describing the necessity of education among all the professions, including artists and other creative posts.
20. 🎼 Music Research Topics
- Music as a ritual. Back in prehistoric times, music was considered to be a powerful ritualistic practice. Some mythologies even include stories about gods introducing the art of music to humans.
- Early polyphony in Christian Europe. The earliest choral music was mostly performed in a single melodic line. See how it changed when more melodic lines were added.
- Indian ethnomusicology. This interesting music research topic is concerned with the peculiarities of Indian music culture. You can include the discussion of how Indian music influenced psychedelic rock in the ’60s.
- Jazz performance and improvisation. The element of spontaneity is very important in jazz performance, and improvisation is its key component.
- Medieval troubadours and their legacy. Troubadours were poets who sang their own music and played instruments. Their performances differed greatly from the traditional church music of that time.
- Ecomusicology of North America. This research topic allows you to discover the ways in which American landscape and nature influenced music, including Native American music, folk music, and modern songwriters.
- Baroque music. During the Baroque era, many important features of modern music were introduced. You can choose this topic if you like grandiose, dramatic, or playful classical music.
- The classical period in music. This period followed the after the Baroque and was very different from it. You can recognize it by simple structures and minimalistic arrangements. Many of the world’s greatest composers, such as Mozart and Beethoven, lived during the Classical era.
- Classical music of the 20th century. Over the course of the previous century, the music styles were changing like never before. Still, classical music survived, while also transforming itself in accordance with times.
- Music therapy for children. In this exciting music research topic, you can discover how music is used to help children with developmental dyspraxia, autism, ADHD, and other disorders.
- Music and sound in film. Discover for yourself the art of scoring – from improvised piano arrangements of early movies to modern stereo surround sound.
- The history of Italian opera. The Italian language played a key role in the formation of classical singing techniques. This includes opera – an art form that unites music and singing with storytelling.
- The 20th-century music industry. This topic is centered on various ways of recording and selling music. Vinyl records, wax cylinders, cassette tapes, and CDs – 20th-century technology allowed turning music into a business.
- The birth of pop music. The history of popular music begins in the 1950s. The term refers to the songs appealing to a large audience, as opposed to classical or jazz music. You can discuss the elements of early pop music that made it so accessible.
- The ideology and aesthetics of punk rock. Punk rock was enormously influential in the 1970th. Its philosophy of anti-conformity appealed to young people of post-war Britain and the USA.
- The musicology of electronic music. This exciting topic covers the earliest repetitive devices such as Hammond organ, early experimentations with electronics, the first use of computers and synthesizers in songwriting, and more!
- Sampling in electronic music: context and aesthetics. Sampling is a very interesting technique that allows using audio fragments in different contexts. It can be used for aesthetic or political reasons, or as a cultural commentary.
- What is a sound sculpture? A combination of an art object and music, sound sculptures are exciting to research. You can use this topic for presentation and demonstrate sound sculptures in action!
- Dadaism and music. Dadaist ideas of randomness and paradox influenced art as well as music. Discuss the noise compositions and avant-garde sonic experiments that influenced the latter half of the 20th century.
- Robotic musical instruments. You may think that robots playing music is a relatively new idea, but in fact, they date back to ancient times.
21. ✍️ Creative Writing Research Topics
- The role of reality within the psychological thriller genre. Psychological thrillers often aim at distorting or questioning reality. Study the ways in which this idea manifests in different narratives.
- Graphic novels and their peculiarities. In modern times comic books are no longer considered to be just for entertainment, and graphic novel format is used to produce award-winning narratives.
- Writing about the past: historical research and archaeology. When your narrative takes place in the distant past, you need to do extensive research to represent the time period properly. One way to do it is to turn to archaeology.
- What is the role of landscape in supernatural narratives? Supernatural narratives rely on the atmosphere to evoke the feeling of uncanny. The setting and landscape are especially important to the writes of the supernatural genre.
- How to write engaging crime fiction? This topic includes the ways of building suspense, the use of “red herrings,” complex character development, and other tips.
- Digital storytelling. Here you can explore how to present your narrative in interactive digital form. It can be a video game, a visual novel, or a walking simulator.
- Writing about the future. When you write about the past, you already know the characteristics of an epoch. But how do you invent the attributes of the future? Discuss it in your paper!
- The influence of the author’s personal life on their writing. People often want to learn more about their favorite writers in the hope to understand their work better. But is there really such a connection between one’s personal and creative lives?
- The role of diaries in creative writing. Almost all writers keep diaries. Sometimes the diaries are published and used in research or literary analysis. But how do authors themselves use their diary entries?
- Creative writing for children. This excellent creative writing research topic deals with the ways of teaching children how to create their own narratives. You can discuss why writing is beneficial for children and how you can encourage them to be creative.
- The art of teaching poetry. Poetry is one of the most exciting art forms that never gets old. However, not everybody appreciates poetry right away. See how you can change it!
- What is the role of nature in romantic literature? Romantic artists and writers took lots of inspiration from nature, using it as a metaphor for one’s life and feelings.
- The role of authorial intent. Some readers think that it’s essential to know what the author wanted to say in their literary work. Others believe that it’s one’s personal interpretation that matters the most.
- A persona in poetry. The lyrical subject is someone who narrates a poem. Some people see it as the manifestation of the author, and others as a fictitious character. And what do you think?
- Degrees of realism in fiction. When writing a work of fiction, some writers use excessive descriptions, while others keep things relatively minimalistic. Discuss the positive and negative sides of these approaches.
- Forms of structure in films and novels: a comparison. Here you can compare different forms of narrative structures used in cinema and literature, such as linear and non-linear narratives, the use of flashbacks, and so on.
- How to write a comedy. Comics say that making people laugh is much harder than to make them cry. Discuss what makes a literary work funny, and how one can write effective comedy.
- The recontextualization of Hamlet. Recontextualization is a process by which something (e.g., a character) is taken from one context and introduced into another context. You can explore this notion through different recontextualizations of Shakespeare’s character Hamlet.
- Writing a dystopia. See what techniques you can use when writing a narrative set in a bleak society.
- Monomyth in literature. This exciting topic deals with the concept of “hero’s journey,” which serves as a basis for nearly all myths as well as countless works of fiction.
22. 🎈 Other Research Paper Topics
- American teenagers–can they be called new species?
- William Shakespeare: was this man the author of famous plays and sonnets?
- Do you have any ideas about the field circles?
- Black magic. Does it exist?
- The phenomenon of the penny press in the USA
- Alcatraz and its famous fugitives
- Major sources of stress
- Government grants–how do they work?
- Election falsification: is it commonly used, and what are its main techniques?
- What is the black hole?
- Loch Ness monster and your attitude towards this mystery
- Joan of Arc–did she manage to escape the fires of Inquisition?
- Do some researches on techniques of brainwashing
- Who invented the radio?
- There is a belief that American astronauts didn’t step on the Moon. Did they?
- American international policy
- Unique people who changed the world
- Genius ideas that made their inventors famous and wealthy
- Is education a necessary factor to become successful in today’s world?
- Differences between the high school systems in the USA and Japan
- Schindler’s list: the importance of moral roles over wealth
- Educational programs’ impact on professional careers
- College students from the entire world arrive in the USA after their bachelor degrees
- Examples of crop circles: Fake or real?
- Humanity’s technological achievements in 2017
- The importance of outlines in books and articles
- Web-designers seem to be using the same template in their works
- Exciting inventions of humankind in the nearest future
- Modern students do not know how to do their homework without access to the Internet
- The original cover page of the Holy Bible
- The development of the MLA style
- The cradle of psychology
- Controversial policies of the USA and the USSR
- How abortion affects a woman’s organism
- Famous people in the world’s history that did not exist
- Would people become what they are today without science?
- Parts of the world that will always remain uninhabited
- Rhetorical questions that humanity cannot answer for centuries
- Medical stereotypes around the world
- Will America’s economic system ruin due to global warming?
- The USA government should be thankful for the mass immigration
- The majority of scientific works are useless
- Things to research in the sphere of modern gadgets
- Should sociology make people happier?
- The lack of pure water sources on Earth
- The environment’s impact on people’s health
- Humanity’s steps towards eco-friendly products, cities, and vehicles
- Sherlock Holmes’ analytical mind and deduction skills
- Should parents teach their children how to make the world better for other people?
- Is business the only way to become wealthy in Third World countries?
- Analysis of William Shakespeare’s literary language
- Does a title tell everything about a book’s context?
- The Great Wall: A legendary monument or China’s income source?
- Should families report to the police that their relatives are guilty of something?
- The first websites, available on the World Wide Web
- New challenges to the society introduced by social media
- If you created your government, what would you do for your citizens?
- What current options are prevalent in modern societies?
- Chemistry in people’s everyday life
- Is there any person on Earth, whose life is considered to be easy?
- Is bribery acceptable for criminal justice?
- The most popular sports in Britain
- The population biology of India
- Basic nursing knowledge of everyday life
- Renaissance literature in France
- Think of a technology that would make our atmosphere cleaner
- Development of different animals after forty days on Noah’s Ark.
- What will the food be like in a hundred years?
- Socialization of children with autism
- The medieval art of Scandinavian people
- Different ways to save Earth’s environment from pollution
- Depression in adolescents: reasons and outcomes
- The importance of computer science in today’s world
- Coca-Cola marketing strategies
- Develop your philosophy as to people’s missions in life on Earth
- How early childhood memories and experiences influence our lives?
- The history of video games era
- Regulation of bullying in schools by law
- Drugs industry in California, New Mexico, and Texas
- The most prevalent economic issues in Greece after joining the EU
- China’s rapid growth: is it going to become the first country in the world?
- Global dangers that influence our planet’s longevity
- Significant changes in the American media since the 1970s
- Why students prefer to be occupied in the medical field?
- The main factors to consider while conducting qualitative research
There are so many resources out there that will help you choose a topic and write an outstanding paper. This video gives you a bunch of topics for research papers, which means you now have even more from which to choose!
There is no doubt that writing a research paper is a daunting task.
If you feel you need help, even if you have managed to choose a topic, you can always hire a custom writing service to help you produce a fabulous research paper of which you will be proud and will guarantee you a good mark.
Whether you choose to write it on your own or get some help, we wish you luck writing your paper!
23. 🤔 Research Topics FAQ
You might also be interested in: