- What is a research paper?
- How to find topics to write about
- Topics for research papers
- IT topics
- History topics
- Psychology topics
- Education topics
- Cultural topics
- Topics for an argumentative essays
- Topics for Your Science Research Paper
- Health topics for research papers
- Business research topics
- Literature topics
- Political topics
- Fun things topics
- Sociology research papers
- Specific research proposal topics
- Nursing research papers
- Art topics
In both high school and university, you will be required to write research papers. Yes — papers in the plural. (and that's the first reason you may want to turn to Custom Writing and ask us "write my research paper"). The very first undertaking, when assigned a paper, is to choose from the colossal list of topics for research papers that are available (and here comes the second reason to buy college essays online). This is a daunting, even intimidating task, one that many people would prefer to circumvent altogether.
The bottom line is:
There are literally hundreds of topics from which to choose and it can be problematic to know where to begin. However, selecting a high school research paper topic or a college research topic is perhaps less problematic than you think — particularly when you have help available (can be custom essay order).
Let’s verify you have complete comprehension of what a research paper is and what writing one entails. After all, you can’t be expressive and creative with a worthy topic if you don’t know how to write a paper.
And don’t forget to develop a habit to proofread by Grammarly. This way, you'll easily eliminate grammar and punctuation mistakes.
If you aren’t clear on what a research paper is, then you won’t get very far when writing one. A research paper is just as its name suggests — a form of academic writing that necessitates the independent investigation of a specified topic and reports the unique results of that investigation.
Suny Empire State College provides a great and exhaustive explanation of what a research paper is.
In order to write a paper, you are required to write a research question. This is a question associated with your topic that acts as a guide during your research, enabling you to focus and provide unique arguments.
Before you can produce a research question, you have to choose from the countless research topics available. With that in mind, let’s examine how you can discover some unique research paper topics about which to write.
Unearthing a topic about which to write will be governed by a number of factors, including:
- The course for which the paper is assigned
- Whether there is a topic assigned to you by the professor
- Whether you are given a broad-spectrum subject area
- How much freedom you are given to branch out and select a topic
Hopefully, you have been furnished with some freedom of choice when it comes to choosing from the wealth of academic paper topics. However, if you do have some choice in the matter, you might be speculating about how to narrow it down.
You are in luck!
There are a number of ways to effectively comb through the abundance of research paper topics and discover one that will work well for you. Here are some suggestions:
- Ask your professor. He or she might seem like a task-master, but chances are your professor wants you to succeed and might have some fabulous ideas of interesting things to research. You can also inquire with other university staff and graduate students for ideas. These people know the field well and it provides you a way to get to know them better, something that will work to your advantage.
- Browse through scientific journals and research papers, but be sure to adhere to the most recent research possible. There are bound to be problems and issues discussed in published papers that would make a great research paper topic.
- Investigate other professional and government publications for ideas. Again, keep to the most recent publications, within the last three to five years, if possible.
- Browse through your library catalog to uncover the most interesting areas of study in your field.
- Take notes everywhere you go! It doesn’t matter if you are in class listening to your professor give a lecture, traveling, reading a magazine, watching the news, or watching a TV show or movie, ideas are absolutely everywhere! Write things down whenever you come across something unique and interesting and you just might find a topic to pursue.
When it comes down to it, deciding on one of the many academic essay topics is the most substantial step of the process. This video guides you through the process of choosing a topic.
Once you have that narrowed down, you can focus your research and write a remarkable paper. Now, we want to give you some help. What follows is an extensive list of the most interesting research topics to get you started.
Now that you have a good idea of how to search for college research paper topics, you are ready for some suggestions. What follows is a list of good research topics. You might like one of them right off the bat or you might be inspired by a particular topic and write something related to it.
Want to know the best part?
By the time you are finished reading this academic topics list, you will feel much more proficient in writing your research paper.
Perhaps some of the best college research topics these days are IT research paper topics. Explore these ideas for the most interesting research paper topics for college:
- Procedures to enhance IT security
- New methodologies and challenges to IT management in health
- Interrelation, patterns, and existing theories on behavior and IT
- Common services center vs. community multimedia center: selecting the correct variety of IT service
- Racial and gender issuesin the IT domain
- Innovative theories regarding computer imitation of a human being
- The impact of digitization of medical records on the IT domain
Human history is abundant in many treasures, and despite what you might believe, not all of them have been explored. There are many incredible history research topics, such as:
- Palestine and the Golan Heights
- Premises, progression, and consequences of the cold war
- The most remarkable revolutions in history
- Has Slavery transformed the development of the western world?
- Could damage from the bubonic plague have been diminished?
- Strange medieval family laws and their influence on society
- Life in London in the 15th century
- Religious cults in ancient societies
Psychology is an ever-expanding discipline and there is a multitude of psychology research paper topics from which to choose, such as:
- The origin of phobias and fears: engaging the monster within
- Dreams: are they messages from within?
- Mechanisms of thinking: it’s all in your head
- Factors that influence behavior and character
- Mechanisms of aggravating habits
- The function of short- and long-term memory
- Why people yearn for their past
- What entices people to amass the most preposterous things?
- Is autism a disease or a development idiosyncrasy
- The impact and outcomes of social networks and mental health
- How memory works: recalling the essential
- How depression impacts the immune system
- A phenomenon-oriented approach to the study of depression
- How to manage post-traumatic stress disorder in children
- Depression as a cause of celiac disease
- Fighting depression with techniques to relieve anxiety
- The consequences of depression and relationship problems
- Eating behaviors in different cultures
- How behavioral patterns develop
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns
- Differences and similarities in the behavioral patterns of diverse cultures
- Is there a genetic link to optimism that can shape behaviors and attitudes?
- The causes and consequences of insomnia
- How to combat child violence
- How defense mechanisms and behavioral patterns work
- How bilingualism works: the secret of processing mechanisms
- How fear-related beliefs fit into the cognition process
- Following the cognitive process involved in anxiety disorders
- How to fight emotional distress
- Unusual mental health cases and cognition deviations
- Applying psychological approaches to ethical reality
- How motivation plays a role in human development
- The shared elements of self-affiliation and self-determination
- An examination of the causes and results of drug and alcohol abuse
- New ideas regarding the peculiarities of rational and social development
- How practicing a healthy lifestyle cures disease and promotes wellness
- Conflict solution in parent-child relationships
- Evaluating the challenges of preterm development in children
- How to battle cognitive deficit in Parkinson’s disease
- Is attention deficit disorder a neuropsychological problem?
- Examining the process of making decisions and taking risks
- The impact of music genres on how the brain works
- How to fight childhood disorders
- Shattering long-standing myths about ADHD
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
Ideas around education are always changing and this has resulted in a wide range of research topics, such as:
- Where theory encounters reality in gender issues
- Test anxiety with regard to contemporary methods of teaching
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The mental process behind human learning
- The interpretation of IQ test results
- Should children be rebuked when they misbehave?
- How to prohibit school bullies and harassment
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Positives and negatives of contemporary methods of teaching and state-of-the-art innovations
- The function of technology in lesson planning
- Is there a one-size-fits-all strategy for education?
Perhaps there is nothing more complex than human culture and how people have interacted with each other throughout history. For this reason, these cultural topics might be of interest to you:
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on how people comprehend the world
- The implicit messages of mass media: what you see is what you get
- How the most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20th century influenced contemporary art
- The repetition of cultural tendencies: the greeks did it first
- Social roles adults endorse to children via toys
- Social models mass media bestows on teenagers and adults
- Eating habits in dissimilar cultures
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The segmentation and integration of humans
- The impact of AIDS on mankind
- A new comprehension of past events
- Unearthing a common language: divorce preventionand family therapy
- Painting a portrait of the average American family
- The roots of antisemitism and how it manifests today
- A case against cruelty to living beings
- An examination of the current job market and unemployment
It is easy to find unique argumentative research paper topics. After all, we live in a crazy world in which all kinds of interesting things happen. Here are some suggestions:
- Political commitment and television
- Should marijuana be legalized
- Can people of different races ever understand eachOther
- Abusive relationships: where to draw the line on what relationships should Be allowed to exist
- Are there realistic limitations on abortion?
- The many guises of violence in society
- The impact of women on world history
- Are social interactions possible without lies
- Dealing with overpopulation: can it be accomplished ethically?
- Torture: is it ever acceptable?
- The ethics of using animals in research
- Human dependence on computers: beneficial or harmful
- Post-9/11 security measures: an invasion of privacy or good sense
Science is always bursting with new and exciting topics as we delve deeper into the mysteries of the universe and technology. Here are a few topic suggestions:
- What cloning has in store for humanity: altering the personality
- How nanotechnology will impact modern science
- Will uranium isotopes precipitate the next scientific revolution?
- How psychoactive drugs influence the central nervous system
- Deafness and using echolocation
- The role of erythropoietin and calcitriol in the human body
- The process of feeling pain: treatment and pain relievers of the future
- Is nuclear energy too hazardous to use?
- Nuclear weapons: a responsibility for which no country is prepared
- People’s impact on climate change: the cost of a technological breakthrough
- Key issues and potential solutions for toxic waste disposal
- Are the effects of global warming reversible?
- The future of NASA
- Endangered species: causes and concerns
- Black mold: the bathroom invasion
Just like science, health care is always changing, particularly as technology advances. With new discoveries in disease research and new technology being developed every day, the following topics are great examples of what you can write about in your paper:
- Should image scan radiation be reduced to a minimum level?
- Health care and insurance: concerns and problems
- The most likely outcomes of recent health care reform
- Old theories and new methods of sports injury rehabilitation
- A look at celebrities who have battled cancer
- A comparison of conventional and alternative cancer treatments
- How clean needle programs benefit society
- The need for education on nutrition in school
- The impact of diet on health
Business is a broad field, so there are plenty of topics you can write about, such as:
- Deliberating on the secrets of effective leadership
- How time management influences the prosperity of a company
- How to resolve conflict between staff and management
- The function of diversity in the workplace of the 21st century
- Management by walking around: effective or fruitless?
- Should businesses be regulated: pros and cons
- Social media and word-of-mouth in the digital age
- How the digital age has transformed small business
- How mobile technology is altering the workplace
- The future of the franchise
- How the millennial employee is transforming the workplace
Sometimes, there is no surrogate for a great paper on literature, and with the changing world, there are always innovative ways to observe literature, even the classics. Here are a few topic suggestions:
- The innovative era: poets of the 21st century
- A dissection of the most illustrious novels in history
- The hunger games: over and above pulp fiction
- The future of copyright
- An examination of racism in novels from the 1960s and 1970s
- The perception of exile in literature
- Culture and literature: which affects which?
- An examination of homosexuality in literature
- American policy of intervention
- The future of the european union
- Causes of world hunger
- Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction
- The justice System and juvenile criminals
- Afghanistan—success or stalemate?
- Was media coverage of SARS adequate
- The new world war: fighting terrorism
- Same-sex marriage: are laws keeping up with changing attitudes?
- BREXIT: good or bad?
- How people are affected by death of a game character
- Challenges faced by people creating their own cartoon
- Beloved comic strip characters and their influence on society
- An examination of UFOs: fact or fiction
- What if aliens do exist: the impact on humanity
- Is there differentiation between déjà vu and precognition?
- The existence of spirits and how to communicate with them
- Theories regarding the bermuda triangle
- Investigating alternative cosmology theories
- Does fortune telling have a scientific basis?
- Law of attraction: fact or fiction?
- Who is more intelligent, men or women?
As an additional interest for studies, a sociology research paper can be written with the purpose of learning this or that aspect of the society’s life. You can both use personal experience and cover new nuances for you, based on the research of other authors and drawing your personal conclusions. Interesting research projects in this area can have the following topics:
- Problems of the marriage and family: a divorce research paper. This article can study the relationship in different families and problems that can arise.
- Observance of public behavior standards as the feature of the civilized society. You can describe modern social ideals.
- Comparison of sociological laws in different historical epochs. The rules of attitude towards various social phenomena can be disclosed in such a paper.
- The influence of personality on public development and progress. You can describe the power of the personality and what one person can do to contribute to the development of the society.
- Opportunities for searching optimal criteria for the personality socialization. Such a paper aims at revealing the ways of how people can uncover their potential.
- The society’s attitude to global problems: a global warming research paper and the impact of this phenomenon on people’s way of life. It is a rather standard article that describes a well-known ecological problem.
- Cultural formation of the personality in the context of modern public reality. This type of work can be connected with describing the ways of people’s cultural development.
- Attempts to socialize adolescents and people with deviant behavior. This topic is quite relevant and should describe how people who are prone to criminal behavior can correct their way of life.
- Work on improving the microclimate in the work collective and creating conditions for comfortable work. The theme aims at finding optimal techniques to improve relationships among employees.
- Equality problems in the society: a current event paper. The topic should uncover modern problems connected with inequality and various forms of racism.
It is essential to remember that a good research paper on the subject of sociology will be appreciated by readers if you study a specific social phenomenon in detail, carry out statistical analysis, and perform a number of important procedures. The purpose of research paper in this field is to cover current public issues, reveal important aspects of various problems, and, if possible, offer optimal solutions. This science requires quite an accurate and well-reasoned result. Any deviations and ambiguous arguments can be regarded as an author’s incompetent attempt to investigate a complex topic.
With all of these topics at your disposal, you might still be feeling a little overwhelmed. However, they are divided into categories to make choosing one easier. However, it might be helpful to look at some great research paper samples. Purdue and ReadWriteThink.org offer great samples. Here are some other research paper samples:
Composing a research proposal is sometimes an important part of a big study. If you are planning to not only describe a specific problem or to convey an idea to your readers but expect to promote your personal theory and receive the approval of a respected scientific community, it is almost always necessary to draw up a corresponding proposal where you can describe special moments and present certain ideas. Different types of articles can be included in this category: an analytical research paper, work on identifying the best ways and techniques for a particular topic, etc. The preparation of research proposal articles should some nuances, and the following topics can be studied:
- The way to conduct optimal trade relationships. You can study appropriate techniques and offer specific methods to improve the situation on a particular company.
- The advantages of electronic management systems. This theme will be connected with describing the merits of modern ways on managing specific spheres of production.
- Useful innovations in modern life. Research paper subjects can be different: medicine, sociology, business, etc.
- The best management techniques: methods of control. The topic should describe behavioral features of successful managers.
- The implementation of nursing theories in practice. The research paper proposal should have an appropriate scientific basis and describe corresponding medical issues.
This video provides detailed instructions on how to compile good research projects on the topic of the proposal. It is significant to follow these rules so that the article to be up-to-date and properly formatted. Any attempts to bring something new are generally welcome; however, it is important not to forget about established rules.
A nursing research paper format cannot be free since this type of work also refers to an academic article and is to have relevant characteristics. In particular, it is about the rules of citation, for example, an APA research paper format. In order to make the right article and conduct a high-quality research, it is recommended to know some tips and use the following topics if necessary:
- Nursing techniques to care patients in intensive care units. The summary of the research paper of this theme can include the description of the best practical methods.
- How to implement nursing theories? The content of this work should consist of the enumeration of specific nursing theories and the ways of their implementation in practice.
- Patients’ education and useful materials. The theme aims at discovering the best digital and other information that will be suitable for patients’ education.
- Ideas how to achieve a better quality of nursing care. The topic will reveal various offers, and this research paper cover page should include the same title.
- Experienced researchers’ opinions on improving the state of nursing in hospitals. The ideas of different authors should be used, and an APA research paper of this type should imply the compliance with rather strict standards for the design of used sources.
- Patient-oriented type of care and its advantages. This scientific research essay is a document that can reveal the merits of a specific nursing approach.
- Potential risks for nurses at the workplaces. Both a junior research paper and a senior research paper of this theme should competently describe all possible dangers that medical employees can face.
- Care for people of different social backgrounds. If it is the English research paper, it should uncover the ways how to care for people speaking other languages and having different cultural and social levels of development.
- Do nurses need additional stimuli to improve their qualifications? You can write many interesting research papers on this topic, and all of them can include various lists of bonuses and incentives that can be connected with the post of the nurse.
- The necessity for nurses’ additional education. The theme can describe some spheres that will be suitable for nursing education; research paper subjects can be different.
The compliance with the ideas of a specific topic will allow you to write a high-quality paper and will give you the opportunity to conduct research at a high level. Having completed the document, you can summarize and identify its crucial points. Following the rules of formatting is an integral part of working on any academic text.
In the process of writing research articles, it is necessary to adhere to a certain topic. Nevertheless, the very theme of the research paper can be absolutely any. It is impossible to write an abstract research paper since such an article always touches on a specific topic and provides a real search for optimal ways of solving a particular issue. There are a few suggestions that can be helpful in the process of writing, and if it about such an interesting sphere as the world of art, themes can be as follows:
- The peculiarities of Da Vinci’s masterpieces. The paper will reflect the talent of the great European master and describe his Best Works.
- The trends of art in the Medieval Europe. The topic should uncover modern trends in the art of the Middle Ages and include the description of some styles; it can the article of any format, even a 10-page research paper. The main thing is to fully reveal all the distinctive features of that epoch.
- The history of European Art in the 20th century. The research can be devoted to some trends of the previous century.
- The most outstanding artists of the world’s history. The paper should tell about the most famous artists of all the epochs.
- Why do people appreciate art? This article can include your own ideas concerning the subject.
- How do artists reflect their talent today? Your task is to try to study the methods that modern artists use to attract the audience.
- Skills that a professional artist should possess. The aim of this article is to study some skills that should be necessary for the work of the artist. Regardless of whether you write research papers for sale or not, you should try to express not only well-known ideas but also your personal point of view.
- Is it possible to develop an artist talent? Try to express your ideas concerning the opportunity for mastering proper skills.
- The benefits of cooperation with other artists. This topic touches upon probable advantages that artists can gain when cooperating with their colleagues.
- Themes that are the best for the canvas. You can develop a number of research abstract topics on this theme and convey the best motives to paint that seem the most successful for you.
- The absence of inspiration. The theme should reveal what authors should do to develop their inspiration.
- A chronological order of the art development in the world. It is a rather accurate paper that should mention the most significant stages of the art development.
- Do people appreciate the work of artists? You could try to study the audience’s attitude to artists’ work.
- The methods to attract young people to art. The topic is connected with a social issue and aims at popularizing art in masses.
- Do artists need additional knowledge? This theme implies for describing the necessity of education among all the professions, including artists and other creative posts.
- American teenagers–can they be called new species?
- William Shakespeare: was this man the author of famous plays and sonnets?
- Do you have any ideas about the field circles?
- Black magic. Does it exist?
- Censorship and its role in forming a society
- The phenomenon of the penny press in the USA
- Symbolism in literature
- Alcatraz and its famous fugitives
- Major sources of stress
- Government grants–how do they work?
- Election falsification: is it commonly used, and what are its main techniques?
- Genetic engineering and your point of view on it
- Stem cell research
- What is the black hole?
- Loch Ness monster and your attitude towards this mystery
- Joan of Arc–did she manage to escape the fires of Inquisition?
- Do some researches on techniques of brainwashing
- Who invented the radio?
- There is a belief that American astronauts didn’t step on the Moon. Did they?
- American international policy
- Unique people who changed the world
- Genius ideas that made their inventors famous and wealthy
- Is education a necessary factor to become successful in today's world?
- Differences between the high school systems in the USA and Japan
- Schindler’s list: the importance of moral roles over wealth
- Educational programs' impact on professional careers
- College students from the entire world arrive in the USA after their bachelor degrees
- Examples of the crop circles: Fake or real?
- Humanity's technological achievements in 2017
- The importance of outlines in books and articles
- Web-designers seem to be using the same template in their works
- Exciting inventions of humankind in the nearest future
- Modern students do not know how to do their homework without access to the Internet
- The original cover page of the Holy Bible
- The development of the MLA style
- The cradle of psychology
- Controversial policies of the USA and the USSR
- How abortion affects woman's organism
- What did Homer write about his lifestyle?
- Famous people in the world's history that did not exist
- Would people become what they are today without science?
- Parts of the world that will always remain uninhabited
- Rhetorical questions that humanity cannot answer for centuries
- Medical stereotypes around the world
- Will America's economic system ruin due to global warming?
- The USA government should be thankful for the mass immigration
- The majority of scientific works are useless
- Things to research in the sphere of modern gadgets
- Should sociology make people happier?
- The lack of pure water sources on Earth
- The environment's impact on people's health
- Humanity’s steps towards eco-friendly products, cities, and vehicles
- Sherlock Holmes' analytical mind and deduction skills
- Should parents teach their children how to make the world better for other people?
- Is business the only way to become wealthy in the Third World countries?
- Analysis of William Shakespeare’s literary language
- Does a title tell everything about a book’s context?
- The Great Wall: A legendary monument or China's income source?
- Should families report to the police that their relatives are guilty of something?
- The first websites, available on the World Wide Web
- New challenges to the society introduced by the social media
- If you created your government, what would you do for your citizens?
- What current options are prevalent in modern societies?
- Chemistry in people's everyday life
- Is there any person on Earth, whose life is considered to be easy?
- Is bribery acceptable for criminal justice?
- The most popular sports in Britain
- The population biology of India
- Basic nursing knowledge of everyday life
- Renaissance literature in France
- Think of a technology that would make our atmosphere cleaner
- Development of different animals after forty days on Noah's Ark.
- What will food be like in a hundred years?
- Socialization of children with autism
- Medieval art of Scandinavian people
- Different ways to save Earth's environment from pollution
- Depression in adolescents: reasons and outcomes
- The importance of computer science in today's world
- Coca-Cola marketing strategies
- Develop your philosophy as to people's missions in life on Earth
- How early childhood memories and experiences influence our lives?
- The history of video games era
- Regulation of bullying in schools by law
- Drugs industry in California, New Mexico, and Texas
- The most prevalent economic issues in Greece after joining EU
- China's rapid growth: is it going to become the first country in the world?
- Global dangers that influence our planet's longevity
- Significant changes in the American media since 1970's
- Why students prefer to be occupied in the medical field?
- The main factors to consider while conducting qualitative research
- University of Victoria — business sample
- University of California Santa Barbara — science sample
- American Psychological Association — psychology sample
- University of New Mexico — literature sample
There are so many resources out there that will help you choose a topic and write an outstanding paper. This video gives you a bunch of topics for research papers, which means you now have even more from which to choose!
If you still feel you need help, even if you have managed to choose a topic, you can always hire a custom writing service to help you produce a fabulous research paper of which you will be proud and will guarantee you a good mark.
Whether you choose to write it on your own or get some help, we wish you luck writing your paper!