You’re searching for a fresh sports persuasive speech topic, right?
Look at the sections below: 55 piping hot persuasive speech ideas are waiting for you. You can thank us later!
What is a persuasive speech? It is the art of persuading the audience to share your opinion.
Choose a position, find strong arguments to support it, and use your natural charm and charisma to convince others to follow your example. And don’t forget that you always can contact us and buy an essay on Custom-writing.org.
To begin with, here are some college sports persuasive speech topics:
- College athletes can be smart—don’t fall prey to stereotypes.
- Student athletes drink Red Bull to get wings, but get health problems instead.
- Cheerleading is a sport and should be regarded as such.
- Colleges waste too much money on sports programs.
- Students should receive money for playing sports.
These ideas arguably make the most interesting persuasive speech topics for college students.
By the way, do you always check each your assignment for grammar and vocabulary mistakes? We want you to know that you can proofread it by Grammarly.
Don’t you think that blood sports, which cause harm to people and animals, should be banned?
Here are some unique suggestions for your college speech topic:
- Animal sports (bullfighting, horse racing, etc.) should be banned.
- Hunting in all forms should be prohibited by law.
- Extreme activities for entertainment should be banned.
- Tobacco and alcohol ads during TV sports events should be outlawed.
- All forms of betting on sporting events should be prohibited.
Coaching is a well-paid, but demanding profession. Here are a few persuasive speech topics about sports coaches:
- Not all great sportsmen can become good coaches.
- All’s fair in love and war, but not in sports. Coaches must care for athletes’ health.
- Athletes’ inborn talents are more important than the skills of their coaches.
- Even good coaches can lose their self-control.
- Women coaches should work with women athletes.
The link between women’s rights and some kinds of sports can be good persuasive speech ideas for heated disputes:
- Bodybuilding is inappropriate for women.
- Women’s boxing is less popular than men’s boxing because of stereotypes.
- Female tennis players can compete in the men’s league.
- Female and male athletes should not get equal salaries in the same sports.
- Women athletes are more likely to have injuries than men.
Mind sports can also offer a splendid sports persuasive speech topic:
- The first move advantage in chess can help only a good player.
- Chess is not a waste of time and intelligence.
- Poker players should be allowed to wear headphones during live events.
- Chess is not a sport.
- The winners of the World Memory Championships should work in international councils.
If you’re struggling to prepare your persuasive speech, just remember that expert writers at Custom-Writing.org work with all types of assignments, including speeches and presentations. No matter the topic, you can always rely on their help!
- Sports is the best stress reliever and reducer of obesity.
- Should athletes be regarded as role models for children?
- Instead of being prohibited, the use of steroids should be legalized and monetized.
- Should sports fans be somehow censored?
- Press conferences should be made mandatory for athletes.
When we say football, we mean American football. If you’re looking for soccer speech topics, then keep on scrolling!
- Concussion rules in the NFL: do they spoil the game?
- What should be done about offensive team names in football?
- Deflategate: what does the U.S. judicial system have to do with sports matters?
- Should players’ jerseys display ads?
- Is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning the greatest quarterback of our era?
The game of soccer offers some good topics for a persuasive speech. Just see for yourself:
- Bayern Munich is only a good team because of its excessive funding: the issue of financing in soccer.
- FIFA is too corrupt to function and should undergo a major overhaul.
- Association football is experiencing a match-fixing crisis.
- World Cups produce devastating effects on the countries that host them.
- The World Cup bidding process is flawed and encourages human rights violations.
As the world’s third most popular sport, basketball naturally draws a lot of attention. What are some of basketball-related issues you can discuss?
- Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time.
- The NBA should implement a stricter dress code.
- Beyond football: the issue of Native American mascots in basketball.
- Should NBA teams be allowed to relocate at will?
- What is an acceptable age range for basketball players?
By now, you’ve probably gathered a few topics you’d like to explore in your presentation. But how do you actually create it?
If you don’t know how to write a persuasive speech, don’t worry. We offer advice on everything you need to know, from creating your speech outline to actually writing it.
Is baseball your favorite sport? Then research it in more detail by using some of these great ideas:
- In pitching, control is less important than command.
- The RBI (runs batted in) statistic should not be given so much weight because it is meaningless.
- Instant replays should be used in baseball.
- Should Major League Baseball implement a salary cap instead of a luxury tax?
- Should the designated hitter rule be eliminated?
If your favorite sport did not make it on our list, just think about what drives you nuts when you’re watching your favorite sports game. Chances are, other people also feel the same way—which means that it would make a compelling topic for a persuasive speech.
For college students, what makes the best persuasive speech topics? Of course, it’s the topics you can have a little laugh about!
- When they play the national anthem at the stadium, you’re allowed to have a cap on your head but not on your beer (bottle caps are usually removed at concession stands). How fair is that?
- Are gloves helpful for fighting? Hockey players take them off, but boxers put them on.
- Every tennis tournament should give a separate award for the loudest player.
- Sports management: a more lucrative degree than business administration.
- We should have a separate radio station for sports chants so we can always listen to them.
Want to talk about the value of sports and games? Choose any of the topics suggested below to provide an excellent speech about the importance of sports in our life!
- Benefits that daily exercise and sports bring to adolescents with physical or emotional challenges. Discuss how different types of activity (fitness, swimming, running, etc.) influence adolescents’ mood.
- How does sport affect human cognitive skills and can it prevent neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s? Focus on some examples from research to prove your point and create a unique speech topic
- Regular exercises at a GYM do not only improve one’s health but also positively influence social skills. You might want to present examples from personal life and research, as well as focus on a life of sports stars.
- Games can improve children’s fine and gross motor skills. In your speech about this topic, you should focus on typical games used in kindergarten and primary school (for example, sketching and coloring).
- Sports and games can become great tools for creating and sustaining strong community ties. During the speech, you can discuss how communities are improved by local championships conducted annually.
If you want to address some more complex issues that do not discuss advantages of sports but instead focus on debated topics instead, consider using one of the following sports topics to write about modern-day issues.
- Cybersport: can experienced gamers be considered professional athletes? The speech can revolve around most prominent examples of cyber-sportsmen and their lives.
- Should athletes use sports as a platform to promote their political views? Consider focusing on the ethical side of the problem.
- The influence of sports on the development of eating disorders in female athletes. In this speech, you can present multiple examples of anorexia and bulimia in female athletes and discuss how disorders affect their lives.
- Should gambling be legalized as professional sports across all states? Discuss the legalization of gambling in some countries and elaborate whether other states could use this experience.
It is considered that sports are good for health, but the risk of having an injury can compromise benefits of sports. These topics can be an excellent start for crafting a quality essay on sports:
- Increased risk of traumas in young athletes whose bodies are still developing. Talk about prevention methods that coaches and parents can learn and use.
- How can a professional athlete prevent most common sports injuries? Review the most common ways of prevention that discussed in media and research.
- Psychological issues such as depression and anxiety can increase the risk of getting injured during exercise. The speech can include both personal and professional opinions.
- Both men and women need psychological rehabilitation after an injury. To prove it, use recent research on mental illnesses in professional athletes.
- Traumas in young athletes can lead to severe long-term outcomes. In this speech, you can focus on the influence of sports on adolescents’ skeletal development.
- Sports injuries can negatively impact stress management of athletes. This discussion can revolve around stress management strategies that athletes use in their professional and personal life.
It might be interesting to discuss the importance of sports in student’s life and address some of the issues that college students face in college. Such topics could start an excellent and insightful discussion among your peers!
- Are sports admission essays necessary? Elaborate how and why such admission essays demonstrate student’s awareness of the topic.
- Colleges should support the integration of less popular sports such as swimming, fencing, handball, etc. You can engage your classmates in a heated discussion about the pros and cons of less popular sports disciplines.
- Sports can positively affect student’s self-perception and confidence. This speech should base on recent research, as well as independently conducted surveys (if possible)
- Sports can lead to underperformance in class. Discuss the stereotype that college athletes are less successful in studying than their peers.
- High school sports fans and their perceptions of alcohol and drug use. Use recent examples from media that illustrate how drugs and alcohol affect fans and colleges in general.
Although it seems evident that playing sports is good for health, some issues and negative aspects of sports influence on a person’s well-being are often not addressed:
- Overtraining syndrome should not be overlooked in professional athletes. Elaborate how perfectionism negatively affects professionals.
- Fitness can help individuals with mental illnesses improve their psychological well-being. Use examples from research to indicate how fitness regulates mood swings and reduces anxiety.
- Green exercise and environment as essential aspects of healthy training. The speech needs to focus on the new trend of green activity and the importance of environment and nature for effective exercise.
- Sports is not about competitiveness; it is about participation and cooperation. Talk about cooperative games and their impact on social ties of individuals.
- Changes in lifestyle can prevent the development of physical and psychological diseases. Present examples of exercise used for the prevention and management of chronic diseases such as diabetes type II, obesity, etc.
Feel free to browse for other topics related to sports to prepare great informative speeches or write unique and persuasive essays.
If the typical and popular persuasive speech ideas, like the question of steroids in sports, are getting on your nerves, then stand out from the crowd!
Choose any of these fresh persuasive speech topics on sports to convince your audience and earn high grades.
And what should you do if you need to write an essay instead of a speech?
Just take any of the prompts above and use it as a sports persuasive essay topic!
And check out our full breakdown of how to write persuasive essays about sports.
Remember that you’re not alone—our experienced writers are always at your service and ready to help you at any stage of the writing process, from brainstorming to editing.
Now it’s time to get started! Just choose the topic of your dreams and start changing people’s minds.