If you are a psychology student and you think that Mindhunter is just not good enough, you are not alone! Psychology is one of the most exciting research areas. It is one of the reasons why Custom-writing.org experts prepared as many as 191 psychology research topics!
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for
🔝 Top 10 Communication Topics
- The purpose of community relations
- Should politicians be active online?
- How to prevent media manipulation
- Traditional vs. digital advertising
- Pros and cons of virtual communication
- The effects of parasocial relationships
- Is there freedom of speech in social media?
- Why do companies need media relations?
- How does religion affect communication?
- The difference between PR and propaganda
How does the process of learning work in the human brain? What is memory? Why are our personalities so different? These and many other research paper topics for HumSS students are here on the table.
No wonder, human psychology hides even more secrets than astronomy. Now, you have a chance to study them, and maybe looking at these issues from your unique perspective, you can propose new solutions!
💭 151 Psychology Research Topics & Questions
- Getting older and mental illnesses: the correlation
- Would anything change if capital punishment was allowed again?
- Applying hypnosis to treat depression: advantages and disadvantages
- The effectiveness of hypnosis for patients with addictions
- How does having vitiligo affect the mental state?
- How do stress and anxiety contribute to preterm delivery?
- Healing with nature: the positive effects of lonely retreats on the mental state
- Is postpartum depression a real illness?
- What are the root causes and preventive methods for postpartum depression?
- Emotional abuse: families living with older people
- Mental health and sex life: social pressure in schools
- Neglecting or refusing the child’s requests: the effects on mental health
- How do social media form a body image, and what does it lead to?
- Listening to calm music during pregnancy: studying a child’s cognitive functions after birth
- Isolation during quarantine: the impacts on the mental state
- Does losing money have the same effect on our happiness as winning the same amount?
- Learning disabilities and mental health: a child development perception
- Should we improve our short-term or long-term memory?
- Junk food: is there a correlation between eating habits and mental health?
- The influence of child neglect on physical health: qualitative research
- Are gender stereotypes about polygamy true?
- Monogamy and the effect of “love lasts three years”
- Is true unconditional love the same as the “chemistry of love”?
- Psychological aspects of required school uniforms and office dress code
- Is there a correlation between gender and anxiety levels?
- Why do women cope with stress better than men: the power of compassion?
- Introverts vs. extroverts: are people born this way?
- The methods of improving motivation of remote employees
- The influence of the work environment on the employees’ motivation
- Metal and hard rock music: the influence on mental health
- Sexting among teenagers: why is this a problem?
- Social anxiety vs. introverts: compare and contrast psychological aspects
- The most effective methods of dealing with social anxiety
- How does preterm delivery contribute to the mother’s depression?
- Should people with mental diseases develop tolerance as a treatment?
- The impact of narcissistic people on society
- Psychological ways of torturing and their development in the past
- Treating anxiety and depression with improving the quality of life
- Differential psychology: the effect of the personality of depression development
- Does the environment influence cognitive functions more than genetics?
- Eat your probiotics: why does a healthy gut mean a calm mind?
- Sports psychology: most effective methods for everyday life
- How traumatic is the experience of miscarriage for the parents?
- Mental health and motherhood: is abortion really harmless?
- Birthday: not only a child is born but a mother as an identity
- How does the continuous chain of failed relationships affect mental health?
- The mechanism of forming a habit from repeating actions
- Snacking: the psychology of having eating habits while watching TV
- The importance of psychologists in the military area
- Beauty: the correlation between physical appearance and social connections
- How can we make a change by improving the mental health of homeless people?
- Hate crime and mental health issues: analysis
- What does everyday life look like from the perspective of people with bipolar disorder?
- The correlation between the quality of life and PTSD
- The most effective methods of improving your memory
- What are the critical differences between motivation and inspiration?
- Do abandoned seniors have more mental illnesses?
- At what stages family therapy is not sufficient?
- Divorce counseling and its adverse effects on a divorced couple
- Are people trying to improve their self-esteem by sexting?
- Why being attractive and wealthy does not make us happier?
- The evolution of mild anxiety to depression without treatment
- The changes in moral values over the past fifty years
- The correlation between social media influence on self-esteem and work motivation
- Why do teenagers become abusive on dates?
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy and sex offenders: effectiveness overview
- Do laws influence the moral values of citizens: a case study?
- Bullies becoming criminals: a quantitative analysis
- Why is the number of divorces growing in the US?
- The roots of phobias and fears: childhood traumas
- The phenomena of labeling other people
- Why should we get rid of the destructive habit of judging others?
- Stress eating: how does this mechanism work in the brain?
- Narcissistic parents and the effects on the mental health of children
- What is the correlation between socializing and obesity?
- Is relationship compatibility the secret of long-lasting marriages?
- The importance of having mutual life goals for marriage?
- The psychology behind colors: think twice before renovations
- What are the theories of motivation based on?
- The hidden signs of suicidal behavior
- Hyperactive children: is it a disorder or normal behavior?
- The psychological aspects of the life of sex workers
- Why are Americans so addicted to specific fast food brands?
- Solitary confinement: pros and cons from a psychological perspective
- The causes of schizophrenia in young age: a developmental analysis
- Adopting in nontraditional families and the clash with religion
- The psychology behind a copycat suicide phenomenon
- How to prevent stress from causing mental disorders?
- Biological needs and stress level: sleep deprivation
- Group therapy vs. individual sessions: compare and contrast
- Where do interpretations of dreams come from?
- How does having a nightmare affect a person’s well-being the following day?
- The influence of media on a child’s language acquisition?
- Serial killers among us: the mental state of murderers
- Is it possible to treat clinical depression with improved life quality?
- Can suicidal behavior be contagious?
- Phobias: analyzing the Little Albert experiment
- How do children learn about gender roles in the example of their parents?
- Antisocial personality disorder: causes and treatment
- How would society look like without social control?
- The psychology behind the terrorists’ behavior
- The psychological aspects of sexual assault committed by women
- Does sexual abuse of men and women look the same from the psychological perspective?
- Can students’ learning outcomes be predicted by the regression tree?
- Why do affirmations about self-love not work?
- The importance of self-compassion for depression treatment
- Accepting life as it is: depression treatment or enlightenment?
- Do modern teachers need specialized training in gender studies?
- How is health psychology implemented in everyday life?
- Why is talking about dreams so important?
- Learning how personality affects the dreams: experimental psychology
- The importance of personal journaling for college students
- How do climate change issues affect mental health?
- The practical methods of managing pain without drugs
- Why is there an increased demand for sports psychologists?
- Taking care of mental health as a long-term process
- Why limiting gun owners’ rights will not help with gun violence?
- Recent trends: the analysis of the effectiveness of meditation
- Reading religious texts as a stress-relief method
- What is the secret behind the self-management practices from the East?
- Why do seniors have issues with using new technologies?
- The influence of minimalism as a lifestyle on mental health
- The low motivation for doing sports at home: root causes
- Placebo effect: can we use self-persuasion as a tool in everyday life?
- Emotional intelligence as a future mandatory subject in schools
- Kleptomania: a disorder or just a bad habit?
- The psychology behind the mechanism of jealousy
- What if borderline personality disorder is caused by unbalanced health?
- Compulsion root: can we ditch having popcorn in the cinema?
- Why do people feel guilt: a psychological point of view?
👥 Interpersonal Communication
Interpersonal communication is much more than just being polite with others because it includes mastering the art of body language. It is fair to say that interpersonal communication is one of the most exciting areas to look for research paper topics for a humanities class. Communication research topics include studying verbal and non-verbal means of exchanging messages.
If you want to understand why and how people talk to each other in person, you are welcome to look through the ideas for interpersonal communication research topics we prepared for you.
💬 40 Communication Research Topics
- What are the key differences between genders when it comes to non-verbal communication?
- Non-verbal communication and its importance for sales managers
- New technologies: how has interpersonal communication changed?
- What are the new rules of communication we should follow thanks to the development of technologies?
- Non-verbal communication and modern technologies
- Why do all managers need to take paralanguage classes?
- How is paralanguage used on an everyday basis?
- Paralanguage for families: how to avoid conflicts?
- Mother-child relationship: the ways to show love without words
- What does your partner’s body language have to say on a date?
- The body language of politicians: a case study
- The most effective communication techniques for political debates
- What messages does your daily outfit send?
- Don’t move: how can your slightest movement tell what you feel?
- The effect of your body language on the receiver
- The ways to tell you connected with someone: mirroring
- Facial expressions for emotions: are they the same in all countries?
- Misunderstanding in communication: low and high context cultures
- Adapting to the new cultures via communication as an exchange student
- Exchange programs as a way to develop intercultural dialogue
- How does kindergarten teach about interpersonal communication?
- What are the ways to implement intercultural communication in the high school curriculum?
- Intercultural dialogue and translators: the ambassadors of peace
- Effective interpersonal communication in the office: key obstacles
- The most effective communication approaches in corporations
- How to boost trust among employees with the help of communication techniques?
- The best communication approaches during the crisis in a corporation
- Uncertainty in corporations and how to avoid it via communication?
- How do strong interpersonal communication skills affect the chances of promotion?
- Relationship and personal life: are people with strong interpersonal communication skills happier?
- How does context affect the outcome of interpersonal communication?
- The most common personal goal people try to achieve via interpersonal communication
- Interpersonal communication and public speaking: the challenges
- How to help introverts feel more comfortable in communication with others?
- The impacts culture has on interpersonal communication
- In what situations interpersonal dialogue is not the best way to close the deal?
- Why are interpersonal communication skills on your CV so valued?
- Why is it so hard to control your body language?
- The vital role of interpersonal communication in everyday life
- What mistakes do people make during communication with the Royal family?
🔬 Psychological Research Methods
Doing research takes a lot of time and energy, especially when you do it for the first time. To make your life easier, we added this section with tips that would be useful for psychology students struggling with their research.
First of all, it can be beneficial to determine what type of data you want to use for your paper. It is essential because the type of research method depends on it. Quantitative data type includes a lot of statistics, numbers, and values. Qualitative data, on the other hand, deals with everything else, for example, descriptions, interviews, and notes on behavior.
Then, you are free to choose the research method. If you pick the correlational approach, you would need the relationship between two aspects. Descriptive research includes a lot of observations and interviews to gather materials for a thorough description. The experimental method deals with analyzing different effects.
Psychology students usually use archives and case studies to conduct their research. Keep in mind that it would be hard to use experimental methods online, so stick to correlational and descriptive if you rely on online sources heavily.
Moreover, there are plenty of reliable sources for online psychology research, which we are discussing below!
📚 Research Sources for Psychology Students
Of course, the first thing you would do is go to Wikipedia, but not so fast! It is a common mistake students do when they are assigned to research something. However, we are not saying that Google is bad; you only need to know how to use it for the maximum benefit.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.Cut 20% off your first order!
While using any search engine, the most important thing you need to remember is to use reliable websites! It would be any webpage with the .edu and .gov in their address. For instance, psychology students usually find the site of the American Psychological Association quite useful.
Google Scholar is a tool that helps students to find the right resources faster. You can find tons of articles, books, and other scholarly sources there.
Let’s talk about reliability, though. We hope it is obvious why you shouldn’t trust Wikipedia… So check the author, and if it is published by the university, academic journal, or national institution, you are good to use it. Also, pay attention to how relevant the material is. Moreover, the credible source should not include any propaganda and be as neutral and objective as possible.
If you are wondering how a credible website should look like, check out this list of databases and online catalogs:
- National Archives
And some more reliable web pages and online journals that are specifically useful for psychology students:
13.00 10.40/page, and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
- American Psychological Association
- Wiley Online Library
- American Journal of Psychiatry
- Frontiers in Psychology
Except for online sources, there are plenty of options in the real world. For example, a good old library! But again, look out for non-credible resources.
Last but not least, remember about citations. APA style seems to be the most popular choice among psychology students.
This might be interesting for you: