We are sure that childhood is one of the happiest periods in a person’s life. The reason for it is very simple. Kids have nothing to care or worry about, have almost no duties or problems, and can hang out with their friends all day long.
Now you have a chance to plunge into your childhood memories, recollect those happy days, and write a brilliant childhood memories essay. We can help you complete childhood memory essays by providing several pieces of advice.
You can also ask for writing help our experts; see more information on our website.
Have you gotten lost in your memories and cannot choose the best one to describe in your childhood memories essay? Do you have a bad memory and cannot recollect something specific to write about in your childhood memories essay? Here are a couple of pointers for you.
- Funny memories that still make you laugh
- Scary memories
- Memories of the celebration of some holidays, like Christmas, Halloween, etc.
- Memories involving your siblings, pets, favorite toys, etc.
- Memories of first experiences, like the first day of school or kindergarten
- Bad memories are memories as well. Perhaps, something like the divorce of your parents or the death of a close person had a significant impact on you.
Surely, your major mission boils down to writing an outstanding childhood memories essay. Take the time to create a captivating opening paragraph. Avoid clichés. Think of vivid details to include in your childhood memories essay. Finally, in your childhood memories essay, you should explain why this or that memory is special and important to you.
Feeling completely out of ideas for your essay on childhood memories? Have to write an essay about your personal childhood experience, but can’t think of a topic?
Keep reading to learn how to generate new ideas and write a great childhood memories essay!
How much do you actually remember when you were a little child? Probably not very much.
What is your earliest memory? A frightening fall down the stairs? Or perhaps blowing candles on your second birthday? Whatever the content, it is probably short and vague. When we are adults, our recollections of early childhood are typically fragmentary. In fact, people forget so much that psychologists describe this profound memory loss as infantile amnesia. Memories formed during early childhood seem more fragile than those formed later in life.
That’s why it’s a great idea to write down our childhood recollections. With time, childhood memories lose their rich vividness and start to fade altogether.
Here are 10 prompts that will help you activate your memories. The most important thing is to do your best to remember any sensory details that made the moment important. Keep in mind, it’s the sensory details that keep the memory alive.
- Describe in detail one of your earliest childhood memories.
- Who was your childhood best friend? Recollect some of the fun things you used to do together.
- Do you remember your mom’s or your granny’s kitchen? Use evocative smell words to describe it.
- What childhood memories of your parents do you have? Write about a couple of snapshot moments.
- Describe your favorite holiday memory. Tell where you went and what you did there. What tasty foods do you remember?
- Describe your earliest school-related memory. Do you remember your first day at school?
- What was your most favorite toy? Describe its shape, appearance, and texture. How do you feel now when you think of that toy?
- Can you remember a childhood event that made you feel anxious or scared?
- What games did you play with a sibling?
- What are your happiest childhood memories? Write about one event and your feelings associated with it.
These childhood recollections can form a great foundation for your childhood memories essays. You can also use these ideas as inspiration to think of some other topics for your essays on childhood memories. Because childhood is often the best time in a person’s life, writing essays on your childhood experiences can be a real pleasure. If you try to be creative and choose a unique topic about your personal childhood experience, you are sure to succeed in writing an impressive essay on your childhood memories.
Just follow these simple steps of the essay writing process, and you will see that writing a good essay on your childhood memories is actually quite easy.
- Choose your topic.
- Write a strong thesis statement.
- Draw a diagram or make an outline of your main ideas.
- Write the body paragraphs. Give explanations and examples.
- Write the introduction.
- Write the conclusion.
- Edit and proofread your essay.
Remembering these 5 rules will help you master essay writing and get high grades for your essays.
- Every essay must have the proper structure.
Divide your essay into paragraphs to make it clear and easy to read. Your essay should follow a simple formula:
- (Body Paragraphs) *depending on the number of main points you have
- Each body paragraph in an essay must have the proper structure.
Every paragraph in your essay should meet certain requirements.
- Topic sentence: In one statement, explain the main point you will discuss in the paragraph.
- Explanation: Explain why your statement is true.
- Example: Write something concrete that provides supporting evidence for your statement: a quote, an example, a fact.
- Importance: Tell your reader why the point of your paragraph is important.
- Every essay needs a plan.
Always make a short plan before you start writing. An essay plan keeps you from losing your way as you write your essay. It also saves you time! You will not forget to discuss any important points in your essay if you have a plan.
- Always revise and edit your essay.
If you want to improve your writing, revise your essays several times. Make sure your paragraphs are written in a logical order. Read your essay aloud so that you can see how it flows and determine where you need to improve it.
- Practice makes perfect.
It’s no secret that learning to write clear and concise essays takes a lot of time and effort. It’s hard work. Don’t get discouraged, though—you will succeed in writing fantastic essays as long as you practice.
Try these memory-activating exercises and follow these essay writing tips to write your impressive childhood memories essay.
If you need more advice, check out our many other essay writing tips on our blog!
If you’re not sure that you can write a good essay on your own, you can always order a custom written essay from our custom writing service. Our custom writing company provides unique custom written papers at reasonable prices. Plus, it’s super easy for you: Just place your order, provide instructions, make the payment, download your perfect custom written paper, and get the grade you deserve!