An ambition essay focuses on one’s strong desire to achieve success in one or several areas. It might be one’s career, finance, family, art, health, or all at once.
Writing an ambition essay, you might want to consider your own life or examples from the world literature. You can describe your own academic or career goals. Do you want to succeed as a teacher, doctor, engineer, or accountant?
Another idea is to analyze how the theme of ambition is used in in literary works. Macbeth by Shakespeare and Great Expectations by Dickens are just some of the examples.
In this article by custom writing experts, you’ll find a definition of ambition, a writing guide, a collection of ambition essay topics, as well as examples of ambition and career goal essays.
❓ Ambition: Examples & Definiton
At first, the meaning of ambition may be fairly difficult for you to comprehend. Still, everything will be clear after your strong desire to present a successful my ambition essay will help you achieve this purpose.
Let’s turn to the dictionary for explanation and figure it out what is ambition. According to Meriam-Webster Dictionary, the word “ambition” has three meanings:
- The strongest to achieve something or gain power or fame
- The desire for exertion or a certain activity
- The object of ambition
The “ambition” word origin goes down to the Ancient Rome. Candidates for public office had to spend a lot of their time convincing voters to elect them. The root of the Latin word was “ambire” that meant “to go around.” Later it transformed to “ambitio,” with the meaning “the desire for power or honor.”
In late Middle Ages, the “ambitio” came into English and French as “ambition.”
Therefore, a key to writing successful ambition essays lies in being ambitious yourself while writing, thinking over, analyzing, and making conclusions.
📰 Ambition Essay: 4-Step Writing Guide
Unfortunately, this is not enough to get the highest grade on ambition essays. You also have to take the following steps:
- Decide on the perspective to consider ambition from
It is the starting point in preparing essays on ambition. A good thesis statement should intrigue, involve, and attract. You can also present your standpoint in several sentences in the introductory part of your ambition essay.
- Think of the best and clearest reasons to explain your opinion
Good essays on ambition should be well grounded. You do not need to obtrude your opinion upon the reader. You should incline the reader to accept your point of view in a persuasive manner. Remember about it when supporting your statements in the essay on ambition.
- Analyze arguments you picked for your ambition essay
Assess your arguments you’re going to present your readers. Is your evidence strong enough to persuade the reader? Pick up some controversial arguments and show why they are misleading. Think about hooks for your essays.
- Strike the reader with an impressive conclusion
A conclusion is one more chance to impress. The best way to make the conclusion impressive is to use a rhetoric question. A good rhetoric question will make the reader speculate upon what you said even after he/she finishes reading.
📑 40 Ambition Essay Topics
Do you know the secret of writing the perfect essay? It’s a well-picked topic. That’s why we gathered some issues that you can consider in your ambition essay:
- Ambitions and success. What does success mean to you? Think how ambitions correlate with success.
- Ambitions and career growth. How does career growth depend on a person’s goal? What happens when the career path does not meet your aspirations?
- Goals and ambitions in life. Does an “ambition” mean the same as a “goal”? How do aspirations can help you achieve your goals?
- What is an ambition? Explore the topic and state your opinion on what this word means to you.
- Ambitions and motivation. Think what stimulates you most to achieve high results and why. This could be an excellent topic for your motivation essay.
- Ambitions and women’s rights. If you write a woman empowerment essay, you can explore how ambitious women change the world. Why are there so many grants and awards encouraging woman to become leaders in various industries? Turn to history and explore how women fought for their rights and how this fight influenced the ambitions of modern women.
- Ambitions and poor people. If you’re writing a poverty essay, explore how people who are born poor satisfy their ambitions. What dreams do they have? Does it mean if someone who was born poor, they will live in poverty their entire life?
- Ambitions and their impact on your health. Are you assigned to write a health essay? Think about how ambitions impact on human’s mental and physical health. What happens when you successfully achieved your goals? And how do you feel when you can’t satisfy your ambitions?
- Ambitions and athletes. You can explore how ambitions help athletes to achieve excellent results when writing an essay on sports. What ambitions should they have to succeed?
- Ambitions and family. When you write “my family” essay, you may tell how your family influenced your ambitions. Do they support you? How do your goals impact your family life?
- Ambitions and their impact on our lives. Can your ambitions cause specific troubles in your life? If so, how can you solve these issues? Use this topic for your problem and solution essay.
- Best ambition in life. Explore what ambitions everyone should have. Are there goals that every person needs to achieve in their lives? Make a list of top ambitions in life to have.
- Destructive impact of dreams on your life. This is a great topic for your dreams and ambitions essay. How can our dreams and ambitions ruin everything? Find supporting arguments in literature.
- Good ambitions to have in life. Can ambitions be divided into good and bad? Why can people have bad ambitions? Provide some examples of good and bad ambitions.
- Ambitions and habits. What habits do you have that help you reach your goals? When you are assigned to write a personal essay, you may use this topic. What habits should ambitious people have to succeed in life?
- Describe your career aspirations in the profession you’ve chosen.
- Is it true that gender roles in family often influence children’s aspirations?
- Analyze the role of gender stereotypes in career ambitions.
- Discuss the aspirations of your community and the ways to implement them.
- Explain how to become a successful leader.
- Describe your attitude towards the article Goodbye Career, Hello Success by Randy Comissar.
- Is there any common motivation that fits for every person? Explain.
- Can ethical behavior and keeping moral obligations be considered ambitions?
- Examine the connection between educational and career goals.
- Why do people make professional development plan?
- Discuss how your present education will help you to achieve your future career goals.
- Explain what the mathematics teacher career goals are and how they can be achieved.
- Describe an event or a person that helped you to define your present career goals.
- Analyze what being successful means in your surrounding and how it influences your ambitions.
- Explore how the path to success is depicted in American literature.
- Examine how the word success is understood by different people.
- Discuss what soft skills are necessary for your personal and professional success.
- Is hard work really the best way to achieve your career ambitions?
- What qualities do you need to develop to achieve success?
- Explain whether good education is crucial for fulfillment of your ambitions.
✍️ Essays on Ambition: Examples
In this section, you’ll find a list of essay examples about ambition. Most of them focus on career goals and plans. We hope that these samples will inspire you to write your own paper.
Since essays on ambition relate to philosophy, information on how to write a Philosophy essay or essays on happiness can be much useful to you.
Are you an ambitious person? Tell us in comments below!
This might be interesting for you: