A life experience essay combines the elements of narration, description, and self-reflection. Such a paper has to focus on a single event that had a significant impact on the worldview and values of a person.
Writing a life experience essay prompts students to critically evaluate their behavior in specific situations.
Students may struggle with such papers because they don’t know how to structure them. So, here are valuable tips for writing life experience essays. Hopefully, they will help you write a better essay and don’t forget to bookmark our website to get redirected here when you need any assignment assistance.
Writing Life Experience Essay: Main Steps
Many people struggle with the writing of life experience essays because they don’t know what events to choose. Certainly, almost any person had a life changing experience at least once, but it might be difficult to share this experience with someone else. To find the right event for your essay, here are the important preliminary steps that you need to take:
- First, you should think of any past event that made you reevaluate your views about other people, or your values or moral principles. For example, you can describe an encounter with an interesting person that influenced you. Alternatively, you can discuss a situation when you had to make a moral choice.
- Secondly, it is necessary to remember how this event took place and how you acted in those circumstances.
- You should also compare and contrast your views and values before and after this event. This is probably the most important part of the essay.
- Finally, you need to determine whether this experience can help you in the future.
Life Experience Essay: Recipe for Writing a Great Paper
There are several strategies that will help you when writing an essay about an important event in your life:
- Start your paper with an attention-getter or a sentence that can make your reader interested. For this purpose, you can use a quote or a paradoxical statement that shows how two conflicting ideas can co-exist.
- Secondly, your introduction should explain why you would like to choose that specific event or experience.
- It is also important for you to find and maintain the balance between narrative and self-reflection. On one hand, your paper has to accurately describe an event. As it has been said before, you need to explain what happened and how it happened. On the other hand, your task is also to explain the impact the experience of that event had on you.
- Finally, the conclusion of your essay has to explain how the experience can be generalized. In other words, you need to show what you learned from the event and how the knowledge you gained can affect your decisions in the future.
This is how you can approach an essay on life experience that profoundly influenced you. Overall, such a paper allows you to demonstrate your creativity and writing skills. So, try to be natural and this mindset will help you write a great life experience essay.
This might be interesting for you: