“It is already 8.50, and my classes start at 9! I am going to be late again!” You are rushing out the door half dressed, eating your sandwich on the go.
Does this happen to you every morning? Is “Do not be late to school!” or “You are late again!” what you hear from your friends and teachers?
Then, writing an essay on why students come late to school will be a beneficial task for you. Probably, while working on your essay, you will learn some basic principles of time management.
Anyway, now you need some tips for writing essays about tardiness. This is a plan we suggest you follow or you can visit our helpful homepage and get a superior help with any essays from our experts.
☑️ Essays about Tardiness: Step-by-Step Guide
- Start with describing a situation when being on time is extremely important. Let it be a job interview, for instance. Tell about the consequences of being late in such situation. Can a person who is late for a job interview actually get a job?
- Now, you can discuss reasons for tardiness. So, why do some people tend to be late regularly? What excuses do they usually have? Are there some scientific explanations of this phenomenon? Give answers in your essay.
- Finally, you can discuss how to manage this problem. Introduce some basic principles of time management. Give your own recommendations in the essay on being late. Probably, you had a similar problem but you got rid of it.
💡 Ideas for Essays on Being Late to Class
Can’t decide what to write about in your late for school composition? Here are some ideas you can choose from!
✏️ Causes of Being Late to Class
You probably think that laziness and poor time management usually affect students’ ability to arrive at school promptly. However, there are many other reasons why students can be late for school:
- Some live too far away, and it’s difficult for them to arrive on time.
- Some have illnesses or disabilities that cause them to be late.
- Some experience too much stress and have trouble sleeping.
- Some students want to challenge authority by breaking the rules.
- Some are afraid of their teachers, or they don’t want to write tests.
You can discuss one of these reasons in your being late essay and decide what can be done about it!
E.g., Students who live to far away should inform their teachers beforehand that they can be late.
🎓 Lateness and Academic Performance
Alternately, you can focus on the impacts of tardiness on studying. For example, write about one of these points:
- During the first hours in the morning, students are the most attentive.
- The first few minutes of the class often cover the most important information.
- If you are often late, tardiness can become chronic, and it will affect your academic performance.
- Tardiness causes problems in behavior and can lead to suspension.
You can also discuss how tardy students affect the activity of the whole class:
E.g., Students who are late for school cause teachers to interrupt their lessons. They take other students’ attention away from the teacher and can sometimes disrupt discipline in class.
⏰ Reasons for Being Punctual
Naturally, every student needs to learn how to manage time properly. So, write your being late essay about the importance of being punctual! Here are some topic examples:
- Punctuality makes you more disciplined.
- Punctuality means not only getting to school on time but also never missing your deadlines.
- You can develop punctuality if you try hard enough.
- Punctual students perform better in academics.
- Punctuality makes your thoughts more precise and your mind more stable.
You can try and find other reasons why being punctual is better than being tardy!
E.g., If you’re punctual, you have better relations with teachers, and you’re considered reliable.
🏃🏽♂️ How to Avoid Being Late for School
Still haven’t found a good topic for your essay about being late to class? Try writing about how to avoid lateness!
- Calculate the best time for you to wake up, get ready, and leave the house.
- Keep track of how much time you spend on your morning routine.
- Think of how to reduce stress.
- Try to go to bed and wake up earlier.
- Learn to respect your teachers and fellow students.
- Don’t be afraid to discuss your tardiness problem with teachers.
You can come up with your own tips as well!
E.g., Try to keep your things organized so that you can get ready more quickly.
🚗 Excuses for Being Late
You know how excuses for being late can sometimes be silly and make teachers question if you’re telling the truth. Yet, there are many valid reasons to be late, which are helpful to know. They may be interesting to discuss in a late for school essay. For example:
- Illness verified by a parent.
- Medical appointments.
- Problems in the family.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Participation in community events.
Your teachers can also have their own ideas of legitimate reasons for being late. You can write about in your essay:
E.g., Students with ADHD are usually not punished when they’re late, but they’re encouraged to be more punctual next time.
📜 Types of Late for School Essays
You can write all kinds of essays on being late! Follow our tips on different types of essays and choose the one you like best.
✍️ Cause and Effect Essays on Being Late
Essays on why students come late to school are great for exploring causes and effects. You can focus your composition on the reasons behind tardiness and its consequences.
- Take a clear problem that you can work with.E.g., Being late for school causes a lot of stress for a student.
- State the main cause of the problem.E.g., Being late is often caused by a lack of sleep due to stress or too much work.
- Think about the possible effects of this problem.E.g., Being late can lead to more stress-related problems.
- Write a conclusion. You can simply sum up what you described in the essay.E.g., As you can see, being late often causes additional stress.
📘 Narrative Essay on Being Late
Writing a narrative essay is almost like telling a story. Here are some tips:
- Write a clear introduction to your composition. For example, describe the day when you were late for school.E.g., One day I was late for a science lesson and missed a very exciting experiment.
- Write from the first-person perspective. That means using the pronoun “I” often. It’s especially useful if you’re describing something that happened to you personally.E.g., I want to write about the experience that had taught me a lot.
- Write the whole story! Start by describing the reasons why you were late and finish with the outcomes and the lessons learned.E.g., In the end, I understood that I should manage my time better.
💭 Reflective Essay on Being Late
A reflective paper is a lot like a narrative essay, but it’s more formal. Here you can reflect on your understanding of punctuality and talk about what influenced it.
- Start by formulating the main idea or a thesis.E.g., Understanding how my actions affected other people helped me to become more punctual.
- Describe what you’ve learned through experience and how it influenced you.E.g., This experience showed me that if you’re tardy, you can miss the most important events in your life.
- Don’t be afraid to show some creativity and use descriptive language in your reflective essay!E.g., The realization hit me like a lightning.
📃 Argumentative Essay on Being Late
Argumentative essays are also called persuasive. It means you should persuade the reader to support your point of view by using arguments.
For example, you can choose to write about how lateness can affect academic performance:
- Formulate your topic as a question. The answer will be your thesis statement.E.g., How can tardiness affect academic performance? Students that come late to school disrupt the discipline and miss out on important information.
- Introduce two arguments – one for and one against your statement.E.g., tardiness negatively affects students’ academic performance, although some people think it’s an exaggeration.
- Present arguments that persuade the reader that your point is right and that the opposite is wrong.E.g., Students who come to school late miss the first part of the discussion, which makes it hard for them to understand the lesson.
✉️ Apology Letter for Being Late
You write an apology letter when you need to report why you were late. It’s a short formal essay addressed to your teacher or professor. It can seem daunting at first, but it’s actually quite easy to write.
- Start with your teacher’s or principal’s name. You can add “dear” if you want.E.g., Dear Mrs [your teacher’s name]
- Apologize for your lateness. Be sincere and straightforward.E.g., I am very sorry I missed the first part of your class today.
- Explain why you were late. Don’t make up excuses! Describe the situation as it really happened.E.g., I was late because I got caught up in a traffic jam.
- Say that you understand that you were wrong. Promise that you won’t be late again.E.g., I understand that I should have gotten up earlier. I’ll do my best not to let this happen again.
- Ask what you can do to catch up with the material you’ve missed.E.g., I will do the classwork I’ve missed. Please allow me to write the exam I’ve missed.
- Sign the letter with your name and a complimentary close.E.g., Thank you for your consideration. Sincerely, [your name]
Now you know everything you need to write a perfect composition! There is one more advice we want to give you. Do not forget about the deadline for submitting your essay on being late!
Do you want to know what rush essays mean? An essay about what to bring when you go to a desert island – what can it be about? Find answers on our blog.
🤔 Essays on Being Late FAQ
This might be interesting for you: