Fairies and evil spirits, noble kings and queens, beautiful princesses and brave princes, mysterious castles and abandoned huts somewhere in a thick a wood… This is all about fairy tales.
Fairy tales are always associated with childhood. Fairy tales always remind us that love rules the world and the Good will always defeat the Evil.
We are almost sure that everybody has his/her favorite fairy tale. Which is your favorite one? Cinderella? Sleeping Beauty? Beauty and the Beast?
Certainly, the first idea that comes to your mind when thinking about a fairy tale essay is to discuss your favorite fairy tale. If you feel that it is not enough to create a perfect fairy tale essay, you can use our suggestions.
By the way, you may want to check this out when you’re struggling with your assignment and need some help with your writing.
Fairy Tales and Beauty
Have you noticed that beauty is a common theme depicted in many fairy tales? There is always a beautiful main character and someone who either envies him/her or is just amazed by the main character’s beauty.
Explain in your essay on fairy tale why beauty plays such an important role.
Mothers and Stepmothers in Fairy Tales
Cinderella had an evil stepmother who treated her badly. Belle (Beauty and the Beast) did not have a mother at all. What is the role of a mother and stepmother in fairy tales? What do you think they embody? Give answers in your essay on fairy tales.
Modern Fairy Tales
What is your attitude towards fairy tales created these days? Do you like Harry Potter, Shrek, or any other fairy tales? In what ways are modern fairy tales similar/different to the old ones? Express your standpoint about today’s fairy tales in the fairy tales essay.
Other Modern Fairy Tale Essay Topics
- Analyze the role of stepsisters’ characters in Cinderella fairy tale.
- Compare the similarities and differences in the fairy tales Cinderella and Adelita.
- Explore Disney’s interpretation of the popular fairy tales.
- The importance of family ties and living your dream in the film Ratatouille.
- Examine the specifics of Anne Sexton’s interpretation of Cinderella fairy tale.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the fairy tale and the film Snow White and Seven Dwarfs.
- Messages behind Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. Rowling.
- Describe the characters of the German fairy tale Snow-White and Rose-Red.
- Analyze the meaning of symbols and metaphors in Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tales.
- Compare the Roald Dahl’s and Charles Perrault’s versions of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Discuss the symbolism in Beauty and the Beast fairy tale.
- Why are folktales so important for children’s development?
- Explore the central themes of Little Red Riding Hood.
- What are the lessons of the tale The Ox and the Donkey from One Thousand and One Night?
- Describe the peculiarities of Charles Perrault’s version of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Analyze the characters of The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne.
- The moral values in the Native American legend The Orphan Boy and the Elk Dog and the German tale The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs.
- Examine the depiction of male characters in Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm’s interpretation of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Discuss how Iranian folk tales reflect the core values of their culture.
- The concept of a Cristian life in The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen.
- Compare the original fairy tale and the Disney version of The Little Mermaid.
- Analyze the stylistic means in The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen.
- Give your interpretation of The Princess on the Pea fairy tale.
- Intertextual connections between Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tales.
- Compare the characters in The Snow Queen and The Little Match-Seller by Hans Christian Andersen.
- The necessity to compromise as the core theme of The Tale of the Husband and the Parrot.
- The concept of longing in the fairy tales by Charles Perrault.
- Explain why the fairy tale Cinderella inspires so many authors.
- Compare the perception of women in Cinderella and Mulan animated films.
- The different view on the character of Cinderella in the article Cinderella: Not So Morally Superior by Elizabeth Panttaja.
- Analyze the central conflict of Harry Potter series.
- Discuss the reasons of popularity of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- Explore the different interpretations of the fairy tale Three Little Pigs and the lessons they teach.
- The different meanings behind Perrault’s and Brothers Grimm’s interpretations of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Describe the differences between a fairy tale and a fable.
- Analyze the main character of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- Examine the meaning of symbols in The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
- Discuss the symbolic meaning of journey in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.
- Explore the ideas behind A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- The influence of representation of fairy tale princesses on child development.
If our ideas are still not enough, you can look through free essays on fairy tales to create a fabulous paper.
Our writers will help you with any other Literature assignment such as a King Lear essay or essays on Pride and Prejudice.
Essays are the most common academic paper that looks might seem easy to writer. Our free tips will help you to get through any kind of essays. Still, if you are stuck on writing, you can always ask us for help!
You might also be interested in: