Probably, an essay on murders is not a fascinating assignment to complete. Talking about people’s deaths or crazy murderers can be depressing. However, all assignments are different, and you are supposed to work on every task hard.
So, how are you going to deal with your essay on murder? You can make it engaging, especially if you can choose exciting ways to get the paper done.
In the article, we’ll show you:
- The ways to approach your murder essay.
- Examples of successful papers on the subject.
- Topics and prompts to start writing.
Our website‘s writers are ready to share some killing ideas so that you could prepare an outstanding essay on murder.
🤔 How to Approach Your Murder Essay
There are several options on how to approach and how to start writing an essay on murder. These depend on what interests you and what kind of person you are. We have collected several ideas for different students. Try to approach writing a paper on one of them and check the murder essay examples.
📗 Essays on Murder: Idea 1
If you are a peaceful person who cannot stand anything bloody and cruel, this will be a brilliant option for writing your murder essay. Do you know how many synonyms the word “murder” has? Some of them are homicide, assassination, slaying, parricide, mariticide, thuggee, etc. In your murder essay, you can explain each word’s meaning and briefly tell about their history.
🚔 Essays on Murder: Idea 2
If you are not that sensitive and want to write an earnest and killing essay on murder, we suggest you write about mass killings of people called massacres. There are numerous notorious massacres in human history that you can mention in your essay on murder:
- the Nanking massacre,
- Babi Yar massacre,
- Katyn massacre,
- St. Bartholomew’s Day massacre, and some others.
🕵️ Essays on Murder: Idea 3
Another “gory” way to get your murder essay done is to write about infamous and the most gruesome American murderers of the 20th century. The following people can be the main “characters” of your paper: Edward Gein, Charles Manson, Mary Bell, Andrea Yates.
⚖️ Essay on Murder: Idea 4
If you are into moral riddles, then you might consider writing an essay about capital punishment, or shortly, the death penalty. In your paper, discuss whether it is ethical and whether humans deserve it. Also, you can list current methods of capital punishment and discuss their moral aspects.
👮 Essay on Murder: Idea 5
Wondering whether gender influences the severity of the punishment? Maybe, there is an increase in the involvement in the crime? If the gender distribution among criminals interests you, then go ahead, and write about it. Compare and contrast the punishment men and women get for the same crimes. Is it different or similar?
👩⚖️ Murder Essay Topics
Coming up with eye-catching titles for your papers can be complicated. That is why we have prepared some topic ideas for your essay on murder.
- Is euthanasia considered murder? Should people who help with euthanasia be convicted of criminal homicide? Write several paragraphs of the argumentative essay supporting your point.
- OJ Simpson’s trial: a killer or a victim? Write an argumentative essay about the murder that happened 25 years ago.
- The serial killer story. Such stories are often surrounded by mystery. Write about Zodiac, a serial killer whose identity remains unknown. What makes his persona mysterious?
- A homicide close to home. Write an essay on the murder case that resonated in your country.
- Does extrajudicial killing equal to murder? Present your point on the argument supported by evidence.
- Explain the role and effectiveness of the law commission. What are the pros and cons of the law reform conducted by an independent body?
- An unsolved crime. Write an essay about a murder that has never been explained. Think about why detectives were never able to solve the case.
- Are people born serial killers, or do environmental factors make them? Write a five-paragraph essay, where you’ll present your opinion supported by evidence.
- The psychological portrait of a serial killer. Think among the traits shared among serial killers. What are they? Do you think these traits are acquired or inherited?
- The intention in criminal law. Can it be direct and indirect? Explain the definition of murder intention in your essay. Provide examples of famous murders.
Thank you for reading this article! We hope you enjoyed reading it. Don’t forget to comment and share it with your friends.