Throughout our life, we meet plenty of people and participate in various events. If some of them are just regular, the other people or occasions play a critical role in our fates. Your life-changing experience might become a perfect ground for creating a remembering essay.
Generally, there are two types of such papers:
- “Remembering an event” essay that describes a crucial event form the writer’s life;
- “Remembering a person” essay that portrays an individual that significantly influences the author’s life.
Our writers prepared this article to assist you with the task. Get ready to create your outstanding remembering essay. Our examples and tips will help you in achieving your goal!
📜 Remembering Essay: Common Tips
A remembering essay is a piece of writing that reflects remarkable memories from the past. It has to include either a fascinating story or a description of a person.
Wondering how to write an essay about a person or an event? Here are some basic features that it should have:
- Description. Create a clear image of a person or an event you are talking about. Practice your descriptive writing skills to reach an outstanding result!
- Actions. What were the person’s deeds? How did you act in a particular situation? Your work should contain the elements of a narrative essay. So, tell the reader how things were going and what was your reaction.
- Dialogue. This element is optional but very useful, especially if you are writing a remembering a person essay. A conversation helps to reflect the genuine emotions the characters experienced.
- Outcome. Your remembering essay should have a logical conclusion. Ask yourself several questions. Why is this event so significant for me? Why do I admire that person? Formulate your thoughts with proper words and put them in your conclusion.
🏞️ Remembering an Event Essay: Guide
Remembering the past essay is an intriguing task that forces you to reflect on your life and sometimes recall distant memories. How to co complete this assignment successfully without facing a lot of obstacles? We know some tricks!
Keep on reading and learn some valuable info.
❓ What to Write about?
There are plenty of remembering essay topics. You just need to brainstorm a bit.
Think of something that influenced your perception of life. It can be a serious event, like your relative’s or friends’ birth or death, getting a degree, choosing your education path, or getting employment. This can also be a simple event with a serious outcome.
Some of the ideas are as follows:
- a deep conversation with your loved one,
- watching a movie,
- having a trip,
- visiting a graduation ceremony, etc.
Describe how this occasion influenced you and why you will always remember it.
❓ How to Write it?
Essay writing is might be quite a challenging and stressful process. To make it smooth, follow our simple advice:
- Concentrate on the conflict. Your remembering an event essay should focus on a specific conflict that leads to a logical resolution. In your thesis statement, state the dispute clearly, so the reader can quickly get your focus.
- Keep the readers intrigued. While writing, structure the things logically. Let your readers go through this journey with you. Start from the least important events and gradually reach the most crucial part of your essay.
- Describe the moments precisely. Make sure your story is detailed and emotional enough. Describe what did you feel as the event occurred. How did the surrounders respond? What were the conditions under which the event happened? Your reader should dive deep into that atmosphere.
- Write a dynamic concussion. For a remembering essay, the conclusion plays an essential role. It should reflect your core idea and explain why this memory is so significant for you, so you will never forget it. In case you’re struggling to give your writing a proper tone, try a free essay rewriter and see what results you’ll get.
🧔 Remembering a Person Essay: Guide
Do you need to write an essay about an important person, but you are too overwhelmed? No worries! If you don’t want to turn your essay writing process into a nightmare, look at our tips.
❓ Who to Write about?
Creating a paper about someone you know well is, of course, the best option. It is good to know several stories about them that you can introduce in the essay.
By the way, you can use those stories or anecdotes as a basis for your remembering essay. Yet, we should note that the person you choose should not necessarily be someone who played a crucial role in your life.
❓ What to Talk about?
You have to explain why you cherish the person you are talking about. We have already mentioned that several anecdotes involving them can serve as a basis for remembering a person essay.
One of the primary keys to an effective paper is a detailed description. Ideally, you should provide as many details as you can (however, not too many) so that a teacher can vividly imagine the person after reading your remembering a person essay.
Reading about an essay on memories can be helpful for this part.
📋 Remembering Essay Organization
How to organize the ideas effectively? You may find plenty of advice. But how about not wasting time on selecting the best strategy? Just take a look at ours and use one of them for your essay.
- Chronological Order. It is the most common and effective way of narrating a story. Recall the events step by step. After your story’s climax, explain why the event is so remarkable for you and what lesson you get from it.
- Unfulfilled Expectations. If you experienced an event with an unexpected outcome, consider applying this strategy. Start by telling the reader what did you expect from the situation. Then, describe what happened in reality. Finally, make parallels between the expectations and reality and explain how the mismatch of the outcomes affected you.
- Metaphors. This strategy is for creative people who are willing to make their remembering essay outstanding. If you have several memories (from childhood or recent events), connect them all and associate them with one symbol. Make sure that the most important event is the last one in your story. In your conclusion, reveal the secret. Tell the reader why did you associate your memories with that same symbol.
- Framing. It is kind of “a story in a story” strategy that will keep your reader intrigued till the very end. Start your remembering essay by telling one story that would lead to a flashback and another story. Not finishing the first one, introduce the second. Then, complete your initial story and explain how these two events are related. Don’t forget to highlight their impact on you.
Thank you for visiting our page! Share the article with your friends and leave a comment. Don’t forget to bookmark our website if you don’t want to lose valuable information.
Learn more on this topic: