A divorce is a life-changing experience that affects spouses and their children (if there are any). Since divorce rates are relatively high in modern society, more and more people face this problem nowadays.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for
When you are assigned to compose an argumentative essay about divorce, you should be as careful as possible. Remember that the split-up of marriage can be a painful experience for everyone involved.
The article will give you useful advice on how to write an outstanding paper on the topic. Learn the essential features of the following types:
- persuasive essay about divorce,
- for and against essay,
- causes and effects of divorce essay,
- and more!
Check tips from Custom-writing.org below and write the best paper!
💍 How to Write a Divorce Essay
The general structure of essays on divorce is quite common:
- main body;
Yet, there are some variations of what info to include in the body, depending on the essay type. The following structure is applicable for divorce argumentative essay. To learn about the features of other types, keep on reading our article.
Argumentative divorce essays are composed according to the standard structure:
1. Thesis Statement about Divorce
A divorce essay introduction isn’t anything extraordinary as you have to introduce your topic and position.
- You should always give broad information about the issue and state the main problems you will discuss in your writing.
- Make a general statement about the consequences of divorce or the common divorce effects on people.
- Then write your thesis statement on divorce. Clearly explain to the audience the topic you’re going to discuss and your position on that topic. In case you find this task difficult, try using a thesis generator for argumentative essay. This will save you some time.
That’s it! Now your divorce essay introduction is ready.
2. Main Body
This section presents all of your ideas and arguments related to the topic of divorce.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.Cut 20% off your first order!
- Here you can write about the adverse effects of divorce on children or the most common reasons people divorce.
- Use compelling arguments and support your ideas with examples.
There are tons of surveys and statistics about divorce on the internet, so it won’t be too challenging to gather the information you need.
In the last paragraph, you have to sum up your paper and leave a final expression.
- Summarize every idea presented in your divorce essay.
- Restate your thesis statement on divorce, relying on your reasoning.
- Then list your concluding thoughts on this topic.
Make your sentences clear and easy to follow. Use synonyms to improve your writing style. Such an approach will help you convince the readers and express your thoughts better.
📂 Divorce Essays by Type
The content and reasoning of each paper on divorce depend primarily on the type of essay. See the following sections to understand how to write each of them.
Here are a few types you can consider:
13.00 10.40/page, and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
Argumentative Essay about Divorce
When it comes to divorce, there are many disputable topics—for example, the reasons people separate or its impact on children. It’s easy to find support and statistics for both issues. And you’ll need them as facts are a crucial part of a divorce argumentative essay.
As a starting point:
Research your idea and choose a side to support. Make sure that among all argumentative essay topics about divorce, you selected the most interesting for yourself. In your thesis statement, concisely express your position, so the reader can quickly get it.
Then, start writing the entire essay. Regardless of what type of paper you are writing—anti or pro divorce argumentative essay—your writing should meet these requirements:
- Base your points on logic;
- Present both sides of the arguments, but support only one;
- Take into consideration counterclaims;
- Support all the arguments by valid evidence;
- Use a calm, informative tone.
Don’t forget to incorporate quotes and figures to convince your readers.
Persuasive Essay about Divorce
What is the goal of writing persuasive essays? It’s to convince your reader that your position on a particular problem is true.
Therefore, writing this paper means that you should identify an individual problem related to the topic. In the introduction of your persuasive essay about divorce, you should choose your side and deliver it to the reader.
Similarly to an argumentative essay, you have to provide credible facts to support your position. Yet here, you use them to back up your opinion and persuade your reader.
While composing your persuasive essay about the legalization of divorce, remember its distinctive features:
- Based on emotions;
- Presents only one side of the argument;
- Ignores counterclaims;
- The tone is dynamic, emotionally-charged, and aggressive to some extent.
Cause and Effect Essay on Divorce
Whether it concerns old parents or a young couple, divorce typically has the same causes and effects. You can often see them clearly, even in books or movies.
The essay outline for the causes and effects of divorce essay is quite common:
In your divorce essay introduction, provide a general background and compose a clear thesis statement. For example, your thesis might look like this:
A divorce, caused by the spouses’ expectations mismatch, results in a lack of communication between children and one of the parents.
- Main body.
In this part of your essay, investigate the cause and effect of divorce, you stated before.
For the given thesis, the main points would be the following:
The primary cause of divorce is the mismatch in the spouses’ expectations from the marriage.
The divorce often results in a lack of children’s interactions with one of the parents.
Synthesize all of your arguments and give your audience a space for a further investigation of your issue.
Narrative Essay about Divorce
If your assignment is to write a family essay, you can choose from a wide range of topics. For this purpose, a marriage essay or a divorce essay would be perfect.
In a short paper about your family, it isn’t easy to cover many topics. So choose only one.
Look through some narrative essay topics and select the one you like:
- The story of my divorce: how did I decide to break up with my spouse?
- My life completely changed after my parents divorced.
- How my life looked like before the divorce with my wife/husband and how it looks now.
- The way divorce destroys healthy communication between children and parents in my family.
For and Against Divorce Essay
As you know, both the negative and positive effects of divorce are disputable, making them appealing to discuss. There are many recent studies and relevant statistical data on the topic to help you write such an essay.
This topic would also be great for a speech on divorce.
Wondering what are the for and against divorce arguments? Take a look at the following:
If a person is in an abusive relationship, divorce might be the only option. It’s better to feel safe and protected than to be predisposed to violence.
You are still a family: you raise children and have a set of values. Consider preserving them and saving your family.
Are you that type of person that cannot forgive adultery? Then, break with your spouse and don’t waste your time.
Are you sure you and your partner are capable of living on their own? Often, spouses are financially dependent and cannot afford to lead the household after the divorce.
If a spouse continually mistreats their children and is unwilling to change their behavior, consider getting divorced.
If you decided to divorce after a single quarrel, don’t hurry up! Reconsider your decision and give your relationship a try.
✒ Divorce: Causes and Effects
We have a pleasant bonus for you! Below, you can find useful arguments and insightful ideas that you can use in your papers on divorce. Apply our concepts in any type of essay, adjusting them to your topic.
Divorce essays can cover the following issues:
Generally Known Facts on Divorces
When covering this issue in your persuasive essay on divorce, you will have to cover the problem altogether. Include the common marriage problems that psychologists all over the world study. Use their statistical data on divorces when crafting your argument.
Divorce is quite a broad topic, and you may want to narrow it down. With so much information available, you could write a research paper on divorce without any difficulty.
Statistical Data on Divorces
Good divorce essays should include enough statistical data. It will add more scientific value and reveal your research abilities. Besides, facts and figures present many exciting topics to comment on.
You can do significant research concerning divorce causes and consequences. Draw a contrast between divorce in several countries, or examine the age and education of people who officially separate more often.
Reasons for Divorces
What does an essay on divorce mean without discussion of its reasons?
Find out different sociologists’ viewpoints on the reasons for divorces. Then underline the cause you consider to be the most truthful one.
You can also provide your own theory on the grounds for divorces in your persuasive essay on divorce. The key point is to prove the accuracy of your statement.
Divorce Prevention Ideas
If there is a problem, there must be some solution. So, think of the possible ways to make a marriage work.
Investigate divorce causes from a scientific point of view. Examine the primary studies that reveal why people actually break up. Also, discuss the precautions that can help married couples avoid significant conflicts.
Effects of Divorce on Children
Parents sometimes forget that their divorce isn’t only about them but also about their children. It causes psychological problems for kids, which you can classify in your paper. Don’t forget to add some statistical data on divorce to support your arguments.
Every child reacts differently to their parents’ breakup. It’s a rare case when divorce consequences are positive, making the effects on kids an urgent topic to discuss.
Positive Effects of Divorce
Sometimes divorce isn’t a catastrophe but rather the only way to heal wounds and begin a new life. Often, people don’t recognize that they need to change their lives for the better. This situation is primarily related to abusive marriages or those with regular cheating.
In these cases, the positive effects of divorce may seem easy to understand. However, psychologists have to make great efforts to persuade people to end their relationships. Write a paper making this same argument.
✍️ Divorce Essay Topics
- Connection between divorce and antisocial behavior of children.
- Family crises and the issue it causes: divorce, remarriage, stepparents, adoption.
- Effect of divorce on teenagers’ academic performance.
- What can be done to decrease divorce rates in America?
- Does parental divorce affect the rates of juvenile delinquency?
- The most widespread reasons for divorce.
- Impact of divorce on child’s mental health.
- Change of divorce law throughout history.
- Positive and negative changes in children’s behavior after divorce.
- Divorce: a disaster or a benefit?
- Is cheating one of the main reasons of divorce?
- Effect of divorce on family relationship.
- Do divorced parents change their child-rearing styles?
- List of factors typically associated with higher divorce rates.
- The support required for all the members of divorced and single-parent families.
- Does divorce only impact adolescent in a bad way?
- Effect of poverty on divorce rates.
- Does divorce lead to depression?
- Family therapy and its role in decreasing divorce rates.
- The impact of divorce on children-parents relationship.
- How to manage the stress of divorce.
- Effect of divorce on children’s self-esteem.
- How to minimize the devastating consequences of divorce.
- Addiction as the reason for divorce.
- Effective communication in marriage and its role in preventing divorce.
- Divorce as the only way out of an abusive relationship.
- Financial issues of divorce and how to overcome them.
- Parental support is the best way to help children to go through divorce.
- Do boys and girls react to the parental divorce the same way?
- Social media can destroy relationship and lead to divorce.
- Can Christian counseling help couples to resolve their issues and avoid divorce?
- Young marriage has more chances to break-up.
- Respect is the best way to get marriage satisfaction and avoid divorce.
- Is interfaith marriage doomed to divorce?
- Why a successful marriage may end in divorce?
- Marriage contract will help to facilitate the legal side of divorce process.
- Personal development after divorce.
- How family relationships influence future marriage and divorce chances of children.
- Child support in case of marriage divorce.
- Will lack of family and work balance definitely result in divorce?
If you are stuck on writing, you can always ask us for help! Whether you need a persuasive essay on divorce or any other paper, we are here and ready to assist.
Thanks for reading the article! Share it with friends who may need our tips or assistance.