Dengue fever is a quite dangerous febrile disease that can even cause death. Nowadays, this disease can be found in the tropics and Africa. Brazil, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, and India are also vulnerable to this disease.
To write an essay on dengue fever, you need to do the following:
- Research the disease to understand what you’re dealing with.
- Find a relevant and appropriate issue to cover.
- Determine the required essay type and change the topic accordingly.
- Outline, write, and proofread your paper.
- Double-check the facts and edit if necessary.
- Make sure your dengue fever essay cannot hurt anyone.
What could the primary purpose of such a paper be? Usually, the goal of writing an essay on dengue fever is to tell about the ways to prevent this disease. Or you can introduce some new methods of treatment. To learn more, read the rest of the article prepared by our expert writers.
🦟 Dengue Fever: Facts You Should
As you probably know, dengue fever is a potentially lethal disease that can be found in subtropical and tropical regions around the world. It affects 50 million people a year and can cause permanent harm to an infected person.
For more information, see the following facts:
- Dengue fever is transmitted by the Aedes aegypti mosquito, which also spreads such diseases as Chikungunya and yellow fever.
- The Aedes mosquito is most active today, especially around dawn and dusk. However, you should remember that this insect can bite any time of day or night.
- The first registered epidemic of dengue fever happened in 1779-1780 across Asia, Africa, and North America.
- A global pandemic of dengue fever began in Southeast Asia after World War II.
- Most dengue cases occur in urban areas.
- Infected mosquitoes pass on the virus for the rest of their lives.
- Only female mosquitoes are carriers of dengue fever.
- There are four different strains of the virus that causes dengue fever.
- There is no specific treatment for dengue fever.
- Patients who have dengue fever should never take aspirin because it can intensify the bleeding. Instead, they should take paracetamol to relieve pain.
- Between 2015 and 2016, the first dengue vaccine was licensed in several countries.
- In most cases, dengue fever symptoms include muscle pain, skin rash, fever, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, swollen glands, and blood vessels’ disintegration, leading to heavy bleeding.
Keep these facts in mind as you compose your essay on dengue fever. You may incorporate them in your writing or at least avoid mistakes.
💡 Essay on Dengue Fever: Quick Hints
After the facts and tips above, you may still be wondering about dengue essay writing. The issue is broad and multifaceted, having affected numerous people. Besides, you may be unfamiliar with the regions where it can be found.
Here are some hints on writing a dengue essay:
- Essays on dengue fever may describe the symptoms of the disease first of all. It is an infectious disease, and many people confuse it with malaria. Thus, you should present the symptoms in your writing. They are a severe headache, pain in the muscles and joints, and a rash that can be described as small red spots. Some patients experience gastritis, diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
- You can note that the diagnosis of the disease is made clinically in most cases. Thus, if a person has the above-described symptoms, he/she must go to the hospital immediately.
- Tell about the methods of treatment in your dengue fever essay. The procedure is mostly based on supportive therapy. In cases when a patient is suspected of having melena, which is a sign of inner gastrointestinal bleeding, platelet transfusion may be necessary.
- Your dengue essay can define the methods of disease prevention. Nowadays, the most reliable way is to control the mosquitoes that transmit the disease. Scientists are also trying to invent a vaccine against dengue fever, but now the research is only in the experimental stage.
So, these are the central arguments that a student can introduce in essays on dengue. You use them all or develop your approach. Just cover the essentials and remain unbiased like in an example below:
✍️ How to Write a Dengue Fever Essay
Learning to write good essays takes time and experience. If you need to nail your writing, you should go through several steps.
For an excellent dengue essay writing process, you should:
- Decide what kind of essay you will write.
- Brainstorm your essay topic.
- Do thorough research.
- Develop a strong thesis.
- Outline your essay.
- Write your essay.
- Proofread and edit.
Let’s break each of these steps down.
🗃 Choosing an Essay Type
Your first step in writing a dengue fever essay is to decide what kind of essay to write. There are five major types of essays:
- Narrative essays: Tell a story or impart information in an orderly manner.
- Descriptive essays: Focus on describing the details of what is going on.
- Persuasive essays: Convince your reader of some point of view.
- Comparative essays: Compare two or more things.
- Expository essays: Explain to your reader how to do some process.
Once you have decided what kind of essay you are going to write, you can do the rest.
It’s a simple fact. You cannot write your essay unless you have a good idea of what to write about. During the brainstorming phase, think of as many ideas as possible, writing down anything that comes to mind. After you have a long list of ideas, choose the best or most interesting one.
Doing research is an essential step if you want to write an original essay on dengue fever. Go to the library or find the necessary information on the Internet. Look for reputable sources not to misguide yourself and your readers.
Make sure to take notes of the quotes and sources while researching. You’ll have to use them to add credibility to your writing.
🏗️ Developing a Thesis
The thesis statement is the central idea of your essay. It should clearly outline the point that you hope to express in your essay. Include your thesis at the end of your introductory paragraph.
📜 Outlining Your Essay
Writing an outline can help ensure that your essay is logical and well organized. You should start by writing the thesis at the top and then writing a topic sentence for each paragraph. You can add concluding sentences as well.
Fill in facts and quotes from your research under every part. Feel free to move supporting facts around and change your outline until you have a clear organization.
✒ Writing Your Essay
Start writing the outline first, including it in your essay, if possible. Then add an introduction where you use attention-grabber to hook your reader. State your thesis that you’ve composed before.
Developing your body paragraphs should go next. By giving precise arguments, detailed information, and examples, you ensure the success of your essay. Write a conclusion to reinforce your thesis and leave a final impression.
📝 Reviewing and Editing Your Essay
Read your essay on dengue fever again to see if it makes sense. Revise it for clarity, consistency, and structure. Make sure everything you have written flows together.
During this stage, revise your essay for technical errors. Check your grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Besides, you should provide a reference list at the bottom of your dengue essay. Mention every source that you’ve used for your argumentation.
By following these easy steps, you have just written an excellent essay. Use these tips to write a great essay about dengue fever that will impress your readers. Undoubtedly, if you work hard, you will succeed in essay writing and get the good grades you deserve.
Thanks for reading the article! Share the page with your peers, who may find it useful.
You might also be interested in: