Assigned with an essay on friendship? Congrats! It’s one of the best tasks you could get. There is nothing easier than digging through your memories and finding strong arguments for this paper. I bet you will cope with this task easily, because the tips and ideas described below will help you with the assignment:
1. ⛔ Essay on Friendship: 5 No-Nos
Although writing an essay about friendship isn’t difficult at all, there are at least 5 taboos you should consider:
- Avoid complaining. Some students use this task as their chance to complain about someone having betrayed them. Bad things happen. Move on and find better ideas to include in your friendship essay.
- Avoid flattering. Another extreme to be avoided is singing the praises to someone. Even if you badly want to include something like ‘I was blessed to meet Tom who was my best friend ever,’ try to refrain writing just that and add instead more interesting details to create some context and let your readers know exactly why and how was Tom such a great friend to you.
- Don’t add too much drama. Focusing on how you can’t imagine your life without your friends from the school you left is a bad idea.
- Don’t be too negative. Sure, you are free to defend any position in this paper. Yet, teachers would like it better if your paper is optimistic (and you might be happier writing it too).
- Don’t forget to include examples. Examples from your personal life and from books will make your paper more sincere and persuasive.
2. 💡 Essay on Friendship: 5 Awesome Ideas
If you don’t know how to start your friendship essay, here are 5 excellent prompts:
- Aristotle pointed out that there are 3 different kinds of friendship: friendship of utility, friendship of pleasure, and virtuous friendship. Which one resonates with you?
- Major qualities of a true friend.
- Can love end in friendship? (What about friendship turning to love?)
- What is more important in friendship – similarity of interests or compatibility of temperaments?
- Do you agree that someone who is a friend to everyone is a friend to no one?
3. 💬 Essay on Friendship: 10 Witty Quotes
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed.”(Proverb)
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” (Elbert Hubbard)
- “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” (Plutarch)
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- “It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.” (Confucius)
- “It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.” (Epicurus )
- “Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing.” (Benjamin Franklin)
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ( C.S. Lewis)
- “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” (A.A. Milne)
- “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” ( Oscar Wilde)
So, now with these tips and ideas you won’t have any difficulties with your essays on friendship.
Don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the section below if you have any questions or suggestions.