Assigned with an essay about friendship? Congrats! It’s one of the best tasks you could get. Digging through your memories and finding strong arguments for this paper can be an enjoyable experience.
I bet you will cope with this task effortlessly as we can help you with the assignment. Just use the essay topics on friendship and tips described below.
1. 🖊️ Friendship Essay: Writing Guide
If you’ve been given to write an essay about friendship, then you have accepted one of the best tasks. It can be challenging as it requires recollecting the memories associated with the friend. Also, it requires following a particular guideline.
- Choose a topic
To start writing an essay on friendship, you need to choose a good topic. There are several things you need to keep in mind:
- When writing an essay about friendship, make sure the topic you choose corresponds to the type of the paper (e.g., opinion or narrative essay);
- The topic you choose needs to be enough to develop it in the essay. If your idea is too broad, you will not describe it sufficiently. If it’s too narrow, you will not have enough information to write about.
- Find evidence
Research your topic. Use the available sources for searching for information, such as books, dictionaries, and internet sources. Find enough data to support your argument. Also, think about life experiences that can be used under this topic. An essay on friendship usually requires using personal examples as evidence.
- Outline your essay
Think about the information you will include in different parts of the essay. Usually, such papers consist of an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
Introduction: A paragraph that includes any necessary background information and a thesis statement.
Body Paragraphs: Generally, essays include three separate body paragraphs. They present arguments and additional support individually.
Conclusion: The last paragraph that summarizes major points and restates the thesis statement.
- Write and proofread
As you have your topic and outline ready, start writing your friendship essay. When you finish, carefully proofread. Double-check your spelling, the accuracy of the information, and grammar. Make sure to format your essay according to the guidelines.
Ask someone to help you revise the text: a person might notice mistakes you didn’t see. Another great way to revise your paper is by checking friendship essay examples to get inspired and see what you can improve in your writing.
2. ⛔ Essay on Friendship: 5 No-Nos
Writing an essay about friendship can seem less challenging than composing a paper on some uncommon topic. Yet, there are still mistakes that a student can make.
Check the following five taboos that you should avoid:
- Avoid complaining. Some students use this task as their chance to complain about someone having betrayed them. Bad things happen. Move on and find better ideas to include in your friendship essay.
- Avoid flattering. Another extreme to be avoided is singing the praises to someone. Even if you badly want to include something like ‘I was blessed to meet Tom who was my best friend ever,’ try to refrain from writing just that and add more exciting details instead to create some context and let your readers know exactly why and how was Tom such a great friend to you.
- Don’t add too much drama. Focusing on how you can’t imagine your life without your friends from school you left is a bad idea.
- Don’t be too negative. Sure, you are free to defend any position in this paper. Yet, teachers would like it better if your essay is optimistic (and you might be happier writing it too).
- Don’t forget to include examples. Examples from your personal life and books will make your paper more sincere and persuasive.
3. 💡 15 Essay Topics on Friendship
Any excellent essay starts with an idea that you can explore in detail. We prepared 15 writing prompts to help you pick the perfect topic about friendship for your paper:
- Three kinds of friendships, according to Aristotle. The philosopher pointed out that there are three different types of friendship: the friendship of utility, the friendship of pleasure, and virtuous friendship. Which one resonates with you? Why?
- Qualities of a true friend. One would like to see such features in a best friend as loyalty, trustworthiness, and honesty. But do all of the good friends have those qualities? Think of what makes a good friend. Describe the characteristics you would like to see in a person.
- Is friendship relatable with love and vice versa? It suggested that any bond can develop into a romantic relationship. But, can romantic relationships regress into friendship? Write your opinion on the topic.
- The similarity of interests vs. compatibility of temperaments. Both qualities are equally important in any relationship, and you can discuss this. Do you think that any of the factors play a more influential role in friendship? Why?
- A friend to everyone is a friend to no one. Quickly befriending people is a great skill. Does one have any real friends with that ability? How do you understand that phrase? Can such people be true friends?
- The power of friendship. A genuine friendship is suggested to reduce stress and anxiety and improve our self-esteem. Are there any other possible effects of this attachment? Describe them. Mention the effects of friendship on your life.
- Should you mix business and friendship? Working with your friends can be an asset or a liability. Do you think working with friends can positively influence your career? Why/ why not? Or, maybe you believe that friends at a workplace can create a toxic situation? Why/ why not?
- Can great friends find online? At times, your social circle needs to be expanded. The best way to do so is to find a friend online. Share your opinion on whether it is possible to form true friendship online.
- The need to have a friend. Having friends is essential. They motivate you to change and lift you in joy. What are other reasons to have a friend? Provide a personal example, if possible.
- The most significant aspect of friendship. Some people signify confidentiality or respect the most in a company. Name and describe the elements you appreciate in friendship. Why?
- An unexpected friendship. We all had that one person we didn’t like from the start but later became best friends. How did you meet them? What was your first impression? Are you still best friends?
- Friends are treasures. Do you think every person has a true friend? Can they be compared to treasures? Are real friends as hard to find as gold?
- My best friend. Describe your best friend and their qualities. Reflect on the relationship. What impact did this friendship leave on your life?
- Friendship with your parents. Some people suggest that being friends with their parents is wonderful. Others think it is nearly impossible. What’s your opinion on such a relationship with parents? Are you friends with them?
- The psychological effect of a bad friendship. Friendship and social support are linked to the mental and physical well-being of people. Define toxic friendship. What are its effects on a human’s health? Have you ever encountered it? How did you deal with it?
We hope that you won’t find the task troubling with our friendship essay topics and tips.
4. 💬 Essay on Friendship: 10 Witty Quotes
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed.”(Proverb)
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” (Elbert Hubbard)
- “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” (Plutarch)
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- “It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.” (Confucius)
- “It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.” (Epicurus )
- “Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing.” (Benjamin Franklin)
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ( C.S. Lewis)
- “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” (A.A. Milne)
- “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” ( Oscar Wilde)
Now, with these tips and ideas, you won’t have any difficulties with your friendship essays. Don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the section below if you have any questions or suggestions.
Learn more on this topic: