If you have ever asked yourself the question “What is research report writing and how to write it?,” you’ve come to the right place!
As a matter of fact, a research report is an account of your research results followed by their assessment.
Research Report Instructions: Check These Eight Essential Tips
Now that you know the answer to the question “What is a research report?,” take a look at these tips for report writing:
- Stay brief and concise (avoid using too many adjectives and adverbs);
- Link your arguments logically (e.g., use such words as thus, therefore, hence, since, etc.);
- Use figures and tables, as well as other accurate data to provide evidence.
And now, let’s discuss the ideal structure of a research report. On your marks, get set, go!
Research Report Template: Key Recommendations
When dealing with a report on a research topic, remember to:
- Make it as brief as possible;
- List the key findings;
- Provide statistical data.
That’s exactly the report format, so make certain that you’ve included these elements into your paper!
Research Report Specifics: Dealing with Different Spheres
To understand the way research reports work, consider these two fantastic report samples:
Science research report
When writing a scientific research report, keep your eyes on the figures and theory behind the research. All in all, follow this sample of a research report:
Changes in Martian Sand Dunes
Brief Summary According to the results of recent research, the newly discovered sand dunes on the Martian landscape have changed over a short period of time. According to these results, the 200-feet long dunes have moved three yards between 2007-2010.
Research Results Hence, it can be considered that the movement of the sand dunes on Mars is close to the one on Earth.
Comments and Suggestions Therefore, it can be suggested that such phenomenon as wind can be observed on Mars. Consequently, the atmosphere of Mars can be considered similar to the one of Earth.
Report on market research
For an average report, market research is the number one issue, so check the research report sample below:
Brief Summary This research focused on the means to enhance marketing efficiency and to test the recently developed marketing strategies.
Research Results According to the results of this research, one of the most winning marketing strategies is the Win-Stay-Lose-Shift marketing strategy. As the research results say, in 57% of cases, the given method helped boost the company revenues by more than 30%.
Comments and Suggestions Judging by the results of this research, the given strategy still needs improvement and further testing. However, the given strategy is likely to become a very popular way to solve most marketing problems.
Research Report Ideas: Consider Eight Topic Suggestions
There are plenty of ideas to choose from – check this list of top ten ideas for a research report on the most winning topics!
- Reinforcing Censorship: Possible Effects and Issues;
- Endangered Species Protection: Helping Animals Survive;
- Mass Media and Its Impact on People: Will Zombies Attack Us?;
- Should Pop Culture Be Taken Seriously?;
- Stereotypes in the Present-Day World: Main Issues and the Means to Fight Them;
- Racial Issues in Modern Society: Fighting Discrimination;
- Will the Bullying Law Be a Decent Answer to Violence in Schools?
- The Adequacy of Censorship: For or Against the Rights of Citizens?
Research Report Outline Template: Ten Steps to Great Success
When writing a research report paper, make sure that you follow these steps:
- Introduce the issue;
- Mention the research problem;
- State the research method;
- Comment on the course of the research;
- Mention the key results;
- Touch on the limitations of the research;
- Provide the research statistical data (if any);
- Suggest further developments of the research;
- Assess research results;
- Explain the significance of the findings.
Congrats – you’ve made it! Now you’ve got it all to create perfect research report writing!