You’re searching for a fresh sports persuasive speech topic, right?
Look at the sections below: 55 piping hot persuasive speech ideas are waiting for you. You can thank us later!
Sports persuasive speech topics: college
What is a persuasive speech? It is the art of persuading the audience to share your opinion.
Choose a position, find strong arguments to support it, and use your natural charm and charisma to convince others to follow your example.
To begin with, here are some college sports persuasive speech topics:
- College athletes can be smart—don’t fall prey to stereotypes.
- Student athletes drink Red Bull to get wings, but get health problems instead.
- Cheerleading is a sport and should be regarded as such.
- Colleges waste too much money on sports programs.
- Students should receive money for playing sports.
These ideas arguably make the most interesting persuasive speech topics for college students.
Sports persuasive speech topics: bans
Don’t you think that blood sports, which cause harm to people and animals, should be banned?
Here are some unique suggestions for your college speech topic:
- Animal sports (bullfighting, horse racing, etc.) should be banned.
- Hunting in all forms should be prohibited by law.
- Extreme activities for entertainment should be banned.
- Tobacco and alcohol ads during TV sports events should be outlawed.
- All forms of betting on sporting events should be prohibited.
Sports persuasive speech topics: coaching
Coaching is a well-paid, but demanding profession. Here are a few persuasive speech topics about sports coaches:
- Not all great sportsmen can become good coaches.
- All’s fair in love and war, but not in sports. Coaches must care for athletes’ health.
- Athletes’ inborn talents are more important than the skills of their coaches.
- Even good coaches can lose their self-control.
- Women coaches should work with women athletes.
Sports persuasive speech topics: women’s rights
The link between women’s rights and some kinds of sports can be good persuasive speech ideas for heated disputes:
- Bodybuilding is inappropriate for women.
- Women’s boxing is less popular than men’s boxing because of stereotypes.
- Female tennis players can compete in the men’s league.
- Female and male athletes should not get equal salaries in the same sports.
- Women athletes are more likely to have injuries than men.
Sports persuasive speech topics: mind sports
Mind sports can also offer a splendid sports persuasive speech topic:
- The first move advantage in chess can help only a good player.
- Chess is not a waste of time and intelligence.
- Poker players should be allowed to wear headphones during live events.
- Chess is not a sport.
- The winners of the World Memory Championships should work in international councils.
If you’re struggling to prepare your persuasive speech, just remember that expert writers at Custom-Writing.org work with all types of assignments, including speeches and presentations. No matter the topic, you can always rely on their help!
Sports persuasive speech topics: general
- Sports is the best stress reliever and reducer of obesity.
- Should athletes be regarded as role models for children?
- Instead of being prohibited, the use of steroids should be legalized and monetized.
- Should sports fans be somehow censored?
- Press conferences should be made mandatory for athletes.
Sports persuasive speech topics: football
When we say football, we mean American football. If you’re looking for soccer speech topics, then keep on scrolling!
- Concussion rules in the NFL: do they spoil the game?
- What should be done about offensive team names in football?
- Deflategate: what does the U.S. judicial system have to do with sports matters?
- Should players’ jerseys display ads?
- Is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning the greatest quarterback of our era?
Soccer persuasive speech topics
The game of soccer offers some good topics for a persuasive speech. Just see for yourself:
- Bayern Munich is only a good team because of its excessive funding: the issue of financing in soccer.
- FIFA is too corrupt to function and should undergo a major overhaul.
- Association football is experiencing a match-fixing crisis.
- World Cups produce devastating effects on the countries that host them.
- The World Cup bidding process is flawed and encourages human rights violations.
Basketball persuasive speech topics
As the world’s third most popular sport, basketball naturally draws a lot of attention. What are some of basketball-related issues you can discuss?
- Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time.
- The NBA should implement a stricter dress code.
- Beyond football: the issue of Native American mascots in basketball.
- Should NBA teams be allowed to relocate at will?
- What is an acceptable age range for basketball players?
By now, you’ve probably gathered a few topics you’d like to explore in your presentation. But how do you actually create it?
Baseball persuasive speech topics
Is baseball your favorite sport? Then research it in more detail by using some of these great ideas:
- In pitching, control is less important than command.
- The RBI (runs batted in) statistic should not be given so much weight because it is meaningless.
- Instant replays should be used in baseball.
- Should Major League Baseball implement a salary cap instead of a luxury tax?
- Should the designated hitter rule be eliminated?
If your favorite sport did not make it on our list, just think about what drives you nuts when you’re watching your favorite sports game. Chances are, other people also feel the same way—which means that it would make a compelling topic for a persuasive speech.
Funny and humorous persuasive speech topics for college students
For college students, what makes the best persuasive speech topics? Of course, it’s the topics you can have a little laugh about!
- When they play the national anthem at the stadium, you’re allowed to have a cap on your head but not on your beer (bottle caps are usually removed at concession stands). How fair is that?
- Are gloves helpful for fighting? Hockey players take them off, but boxers put them on.
- Every tennis tournament should give a separate award for the loudest player.
- Sports management: a more lucrative degree than business administration.
- We should have a separate radio station for sports chants so we can always listen to them.
If the typical and popular persuasive speech ideas, like the question of steroids in sports, are getting on your nerves, then stand out from the crowd!
Choose any of these fresh persuasive speech topics on sports to convince your audience and earn high grades.
And what should you do if you need to write an essay instead of a speech?
Just take any of the prompts above and use it as a sports persuasive essay topic!
And check out our full breakdown of how to write persuasive essays about sports.
Remember that you’re not alone—our experienced writers are always at your service and ready to help you at any stage of the writing process, from brainstorming to editing.
Now it’s time to get started! Just choose the topic of your dreams and start changing people’s minds.