Corruption is an abuse of power that was entrusted to a person or group of people for personal gain. It can appear in various settings and affect different social classes, leading to unemployment and other economic issues. This is why writing an essay on corruption can become a challenge.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for
One “how to stop corruption” essay will require plenty of time and effort, as the topic is too broad. That’s why our experts have prepared this guide. It can help you with research and make the overall writing process easier. Besides, you will find free essays on corruption with outlines.
✍️ How to Write an Essay on Corruption
Before writing on the issue, you have to understand a few things. First, corruption can take different forms, such as:
- Bribery – receiving money or other valuable items in exchange for using power or influence in an illegal way.
- Graft – using power or authority for personal goals.
- Extortion – threats or violence for the person’s advantage.
- Kickback – paying commission to a bribe-taker for some service.
- Cronyism – assigning unqualified friends or relatives to job positions.
- Embezzlement – stealing the government’s money.
Second, you should carefully think about the effects of corruption on the country. It seriously undermines democracy and the good name of political institutions. Its economic, political, and social impact is hard to estimate.
Let’s focus on writing about corruption. What are the features of your future paper? What elements should you include in your writing?
Below, we will show you the general essay on corruption sample and explain each part’s importance:
You already chose the paper topic. What’s next? Create an outline for your future writing. You’re better to compose a plan for your paper so that it won’t suffer from logic errors and discrepancies. Besides, you may be required to add your outline to your paper and compose a corruption essay with headings.
At this step, you sketch out the skeleton:
- what to write in the introduction;
- what points to discuss in the body section;
- what to put into the conclusion.
Take the notes during your research to use them later. They will help you to put your arguments in a logical order and show what points you can use in the essay.
For a long-form essay, we suggest you divide it into parts. Title each one and use headings to facilitate the reading process.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.Cut 20% off your first order!
The next step is to develop a corruption essay’s introduction. Here, you should give your readers a preview of what’s coming and state your position.
- Start with a catchy hook.
- Give a brief description of the problem context.
- Provide a thesis statement.
You can always update and change it when finishing the paper.
🔴 Body Paragraphs
In the body section, you will provide the central points and supporting evidence. When discussing the effects of this problem in your corruption essay, do not forget to include statistics and other significant data.
Every paragraph should include a topic sentence, explanation, and supporting evidence. To make them fit together, use analysis and critical thinking.
13.00 10.40/page, and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
Use interesting facts and compelling arguments to earn your audience’s attention. It may drift while reading an essay about corruption, so don’t let it happen.
Quotes are the essential elements of any paper. They support your claims and add credibility to your writing. Such items are exceptionally crucial for an essay on corruption as the issue can be controversial, so you may want to back up your arguments.
- You may incorporate direct quotes in your text. In this case, remember to use quotation marks and mark the page number for yourself. Don’t exceed the 30 words limit. Add the information about the source in the reference list.
- You may decide to use a whole paragraph from your source as supporting evidence. Then, quote indirectly—paraphrase, summarize, or synthesize the argument of interest. You still have to add relevant information to your reference list, though.
Check your professor’s guidelines regarding the preferred citation style.
In your corruption essay conclusion, you should restate the thesis and summarize your findings. You can also provide recommendations for future research on the topic. Keep it clear and short—it can be one paragraph long.
Don’t forget your references!
Include a list of all sources you used to write this paper. Read the citation guideline of your institution to do it correctly. By the way, some citation tools allow creating a reference list in pdf or Word formats.
💰 Corruption Essay Examples
If you strive to write a good how to stop a corruption essay, you should check a few relevant examples. They will show you the power of a proper outline and headings. Besides, you’ll see how to formulate your arguments and cite sources.
✔️ Essay on Corruption: 250 Words
If you were assigned a short paper of 250 words and have no idea where to start, you can check the example written by our academic experts. As you can see below, it is written in easy words. You can use simple English to explain to your readers the “black money” phenomenon.
Another point you should keep in mind when checking our short essay on corruption is that the structure remains the same. Despite the low word count, it has an introductory paragraph with a thesis statement, body section, and a conclusion.
Now, take a look at our corruption essay sample and inspire!
✔️ Essay on Corruption: 500 Words
Cause and effect essay is among the most common paper types for students. In case you’re composing this kind of paper, you should research the reasons for corruption. You can investigate factors that led to this phenomenon in a particular country.
Use the data from the official sources, for example, Transparency International. There is plenty of evidence for your thesis statement on corruption and points you will include in the body section. Also, you can use headlines to separate one cause from another. Doing so will help your readers to browse through the text easily.
Check our essay on corruption below to see how our experts utilize headlines.
✔️ Essay on Corruption: 1000 Words
Some students think that 1000 word paper is too long and too hard to write. But, we will share the secret that will help you complete any assignment, regardless of its length, with ease.
The secret is…an outline. Yes, you should write your best essay on corruption with it. Outlining will help you structure your paper and get an idea of what arguments you will use in each paragraph.
Examine our сorruption essay with headings to see how a properly structured paper facilitates your comprehension of the topic.
Don’t forget to read the samples below to get more ideas for your essay on corruption.
💲 40 Best Topics for Corruption Essay
Another key to a successful essay on corruption is choosing an intriguing topic. There are plenty of ideas to use in your paper. And here are some topic suggestions for your writing:
- What is corruption? An essay should tell the readers about the essentials of this phenomenon. Elaborate on the factors that impact its growth or reduce.
- How to fight corruption? Your essay can provide ideas on how to reduce the effects of this problem. If you write an argumentative paper, state your arguments, and give supporting evidence. For example, you can research the countries with the lowest corruption index and how they fight with it.
- I say “no” to corruption. This can be an excellent topic for your narrative essay. Describe a situation from your life when you’re faced with this type of wrongdoing.
- Corruption in our country. An essay can be dedicated, for example, to corruption in India or Pakistan. Learn more about its causes and how different countries fight with it.
- Graft and corruption. We already mentioned the definition of graft. Explore various examples of grafts, e.g., using the personal influence of politicians to pressure public service journalists. Provide your vision of the causes of corruption. The essay should include strong evidence.
- Corruption in society. Investigate how the tolerance to “black money” crimes impact economics in developing countries.
- How can we stop corruption? In your essay, provide suggestions on how society can prevent this problem. What efficient ways can you propose?
- The reasons that lead to the corruption of the police. Assess how bribery impacts the crime rate. You can use a case of Al Capone as supporting evidence.
- Literature and corruption. Choose a literary masterpiece and analyze how the author addresses the theme of crime. You can check a sample paper on Pushkin’s “The Queen of Spades”
- How does power affect politicians? In your essay on corruption and its causes, provide your observations on ideas about why people who hold power allow the grafts.
- Systemic corruption in China. China has one of the strictest laws on this issue. However, crime still exists. Research this topic and provide your observations on the reasons.
- The success of Asian Tigers. Explore how the four countries reduced corruption crime rates. What is the secret of their success? What can we learn from them?
- Lee Kuan Yew and his fight against corruption. Research how Singapore’s legislation influenced the elimination of this crime.
- Corruption in education. Examine the types in higher education institutions. Why does corruption occur?
- Gifts and bribes. You may choose to analyze the ethical side of gifts in business. Can it be a bribe? In what cases?
- Cronyism and nepotism in business. Examine these forms of corruption as a part of Chinese culture.
- Kickbacks and bribery. How do these two terms are related, and what are the ways to prevent them?
- Corporate fraud. Examine the bribery, payoffs, and kickbacks as a phenomenon in the business world. Point out the similarities and differences.
- Anti-bribery compliance in corporations. Explore how transnational companies fight with the misuse of funds by contractors from developing countries.
- The ethical side of payoffs. How can payoffs harm someone’s reputation? Provide your point of view of why this type of corporate fraud is unethical.
- The reasons for corruption of public officials.
- Role of auditors in the fight against fraud and corruption.
- The outcomes of corruption in public administration.
- How to eliminate corruption in the field of criminal justice.
- Is there a connection between corruption and drug abuse?
- The harm corruption does to the economic development of countries.
- The role of anti-bribery laws in fighting financial crimes.
- Populist party brawl against corruption and graft.
- An example of incorrigible corruption in business: Enron scandal.
- The effective ways to prevent corruption.
- The catastrophic consequences of corruption in healthcare.
- How regular auditing can prevent embezzlement and financial manipulation.
- Correlation between poverty and corruption.
- Unethical behavior and corruption in football business.
- Corruption in oil business: British Petroleum case.
- Are corruption and bribery socially acceptable in Central Asian states?
- What measures should a company take to prevent bribery among its employees?
- Ways to eliminate and prevent cases of police corruption.
- Gift-giving traditions and corruption in the world’s culture.
- Breaking business obligations: embezzlement and fraud.
These invaluable tips will help you to get through any kind of essay. You are welcome to use these ideas and writing tips whenever you need to write this type of academic paper. Share the guide with those who may need it for their essay on corruption.
This might be interesting for you:
Nice bro! Awesome, it’s very helpful.
I’m happy you found the article helpful!
Thank you, Ayesha!
Man, thanks a lot!
It was really helpful!
Glad to help, Khalid! 🙂
thanks that’s good
Very helpful. Thank you?
Glad to help 🙂
Thank you for helping!
Glad to help!
Thanks, Mesam 🙂