Similar to the instructions in a recipe book, process essays convey information in a step-by-step format. In this type of paper, you follow a structured chronological process. You can also call it a how-to essay.
A closely related type is a process analysis essay. Here you have to carefully consider all the steps needed to complete a task. The primary purpose is to guide the reader through a number of stages, which will be easy with our process analysis essay topics. Besides, this academic paper should provide an evaluation and explanation of the steps.
Below you can find all kinds of good process essay topics. For middle and high school assignments, we have listed how-to essay topics. Besides, we’ve provided more complex ideas for college students. You can increase the chances of finding a topic even more. Use a college essay idea generator to bring in more variety into the pool of possible options. Good luck finding your perfect process essay idea! And don’t forget, our custom writing service is always here for you in case you need help from our experts.
🔝 Top 10 Process Analysis Essay Topics
- Best way to end a presentation
- How to reduce stress healthily
- What can we do to fight poverty?
- Raising awareness of deforestation
- Secure method of investment
- Preventing addictions among teenagers
- Steps to getting out of the comfort zone
- How to learn foreign languages effectively
- The process of making healthcare more accessible
- How to improve communication skills step by step
🎓 Top 10 Process Essay Topics for College Students
|🚫||Best way to avoid plagiarism|
|📈||How to maximize profit|
|🚰||How can we conserve water?|
|🖥️||How to prevent cyberbullying|
|🤔||Guide to multitasking at college|
|🍎||How to transition to a healthy lifestyle|
|⏱️||How to improve time management skills|
|❓||What can we do to fight unemployment?|
|💬||The most effective way to start a speech|
|🌐||How to make online education accessible for everyone|
✅ How-To Essay Topics
In a how-to essay, you describe a simple procedure. You may focus on everyday things or actions that are more specific. Here are some interesting how-to paper topics for you to choose from:
- How to arrive early for work every day.
- Explain the process of choosing a college major.
- Demonstrate how to write a poem using iambic pentameter.
- Step-by-step instructions to earn $500 on lemonade sales.
- How to draw a horse.
- Describe the process of selecting the right university.
- Steps on how to dance the waltz.
- The best way to make friends in college.
- Getting a driver’s license in the U.S.
- How do you cure a sore throat?
- What are the steps needed to change a car tire?
- Write a guide on how to travel alone in Europe.
- How do you make vegetarian lasagna?
- Explain the process of opening a bank account.
- Describe the best way to learn a new language.
- Painting Starry Night step by step.
- Show how to create a secret handshake.
- Instructions on how to start a food business.
- Outline the steps of dealing with a bleeding finger.
- How to eat tacos without making a mess.
- Describe the process of decorating your room.
- Explain how to create your own fashion style.
- How can you finish your homework faster?
- Give a tutorial on dancing like Shakira.
- How can you run a marathon without getting exhausted?
- What’s the process of choosing an online course?
- Provide a guide on how to become a nurse in the U.S.
- Think of the best way to plan a honeymoon.
- Give advice on how to take pictures of wild animals.
- Arranging a surprise birthday party.
🧑🏭 Industrial Process Essay Topics
In a process essay, you can describe the production of an object. Since these processes tend to be complex, ensure that you’ve researched it well. Include descriptive paragraphs involving specific measurements, equipment, and time necessary for each step.
- Explain the process of making badminton rackets.
- How mint bubblegum is made.
- Show the steps of dark chocolate production.
- Detail the book production process.
- What are the steps to build a glass table?
- Explain the construction of soccer balls.
- Describe dress manufacturing process.
- Give instructions to make Nike tennis shoes.
- Provide a guide to mass-produce plastic water bottles.
- How to assemble a black Nissan 2007.
- Explain the process of building an apartment house.
- Write an instruction on how to laser cut steel.
- Demonstrate how to build a wooden table.
- How are backpacks produced?
- Steps for creating a perfume.
- How to assemble a MacBook Pro laptop.
- Describe the process of building an airplane.
- Show how to manufacture paper.
- Provide a guide to making pencils.
- How Tetra Pac containers are produced.
- Explain the production of lactose-free milk.
- Write an instruction on how to manufacture keys.
- Demonstrate the process of making external hard drives.
- How is professional cookware produced?
- Steps of commercial soap making.
- Explain how to manufacture aluminum foil.
- Describe the process of making an LED display.
- Show how to build a bicycle.
- Provide a guide to recycling plastic.
- How are microphones made?
✏️ School Process Essay Topics
In a process essay for school, you can give advice to fellow classmates or to future teachers. It is possible to combine personal experience with reliable facts.
- Steps to effective note-taking.
- How to manage time properly.
- Demonstrate the process of preparing for finals.
- How can you avoid distractions while doing homework?
- Show how to build good relationships with your teachers.
- Step-by-step instructions to develop a good resume.
- How to learn essential cooking methods.
- Describe the technique of staying motivated while studying.
- Provide a guide to deliver a speech.
- How to respond to college application questions.
- Explain how to get into the cheerleading team.
- The best way to become a more productive student.
- Provide a guide to keep your apartment clean.
- How to make friends when you’re shy.
- Demonstrate an adequate way of confronting a bully.
- How can you create a conducive learning environment?
- Show an effective way to manage big group projects.
- Explain how to keep track of deadlines.
- Describe the method of time-blocking.
- Introduce a set of physical exercise for students.
- Explain the process of getting into your school’s soccer team.
- How to get along with your roommates.
- Demonstrate the best way to manage school-related stress.
- How do you ask a professor for help?
- Explain how to participate in an exchange program.
- How to budget during college.
- Describe a way to make time for self-care.
- Show an effective memorization method.
- Provide a guide to improve your test scores.
- Steps to help your school community.
🍔 Procedural Essay Topics about Food
Food-related topics can be entertaining or even funny. We often want to learn how to cook a particular dish. That’s why your essay on food can be very useful. You can even mention your own original recipe!
- Explain how to make sugar cookies with only three ingredients.
- The process of making chocolate frosting at home.
- Rye bread baking recipe.
- How do factories mass-produce canned meat?
- Present a good canned tuna recipe.
- Describe how to cook white rice for sushi.
- How do you bake chocolate banana bread?
- Show the process of making Oreo cake pops.
- Provide a guide to cooking pea soup.
- Explain the process of making waffles.
- Instruct how to bake a carrot cake.
- What are the steps to make Mexican tortilla soup?
- Demonstrate how to grill a hamburger.
- Recipe for homemade ice cream.
- Show how to cook a whole chicken.
- The best way to make French fries.
- How do you cook fish and chips?
- Demonstrate the process of making a pizza.
- What are the steps to make a sausage?
- Cooking a broccoli soup step-by-step.
- Recipe for American apple pie.
- Instruct how to cook chicken kebabs.
- How is Greek baklava made?
- Explain the process of mass-producing canned fruits.
- Mexican huevos rancheros recipe.
- Explain how to make a vegan burger.
- Demonstrate the best way to cook spaghetti.
- Show the process of making Alfredo sauce.
- How frozen vegetables are made.
- Describe how to bake molten chocolate cakes.
💡 Complex Process Analysis Topics
A complex process analysis essay involves describing an intricate mechanism or event. Therefore, you need to include detailed descriptions of the stages in each paragraph. This type of informational process essays often relate to science.
Take a look at this list of complex process analysis essay topics:
- Explain the process of observing bioactive glasses.
- How to use natural polymers for bone repair.
- Demonstrate how satellites generate power.
- How are adult stem cells created?
- Refining petroleum step-by-step.
- Describe the method of lean biomanufacturing.
- How to keep gas plants safe.
- Show how to pursue energy security through energy transitions.
- Provide a guide to making synthetic diamonds.
- How to use blockchains in a company.
- What are the steps to make web designs accessible to the visually impaired?
- Explain how to create your own app for Android systems.
- Demonstrate the process of learning cloud computing.
- How is artificial intelligence created?
- Explain how DNA computing works.
- Describe the process of creating encryption algorithms.
- Steps to build a security intrusion detection system.
- Show how to manufacture an electric car.
- Explain the process of genetic modification.
- How does quantum computing work?
- What are the steps needed for making a brain-machine interface?
- Demonstrate a way to make wind turbines.
- How are space shuttles built?
- Creating an artificial organ step-by-step.
- Describe the process of making medical equipment software.
- Steps to produce a body part with a bioprinter.
- Explain how to transplant an organ.
- How electricity is transmitted through power grids.
- Show how to design a memory device.
- Demonstrate the steps for installing an offshore oil rig.
🔬 Process Essay Topics on Science
You can select a good process essay topic on science from various fields. Some examples include astronomy, chemistry, and physics. Scientific processes tend to be complex, but you may also write about simple mechanisms. These topics are suitable for university, high school, and even middle school.
- Explain how to form a hypothesis.
- Conducting an experiment using the scientific method.
- Study the process of star formation.
- What are the steps to predict asteroids trajectories?
- How to increase car acceleration.
- How do black holes form?
- Demonstrate how centripetal force works.
- Explain the concept of projectile motion.
- Steps necessary to increase an object’s momentum.
- How is acid rain formed?
- How to make synthetic self-replicating molecules.
- What’s the process of calculating the pH in milk?
- Describe the galaxy formation process.
- How to make molecular machines perform tasks.
- Explain how to carry out a safe chemical experiment.
- Describe a way of finding the mole ratio in a chemical formula.
- How does a near-field scanning optical microscope work?
- What’s the best way to assess food quality?
- Show how to create a chemical reaction.
- The process of decomposing biodegradable polymers.
- Explain how synthetic foods are produced.
- What’s the mechanism of wastewater treatment?
- Producing electricity through friction.
- Show how to find trace elements in plants.
- Describe how human brain processes language.
- Explain how to add antioxidants to food.
- Demonstrate the process of weather forecasting.
- The process of detecting heavy metals in water.
- A guide to sending animals into space.
- What are the steps needed for accomplishing a space flight?
We hope this article helped you to choose a great topic. We wish you good luck with your assignment!