Writing an internship essay is a challenging task that plenty of people have to endure. It is essential for gaining useful experience and learning the ins and outs of a given industry. You have probably heard about the “What do you hope to gain from this internship?” essay. However, it’s not the only question that you might have to answer.
There are two situations in which you might be asked to write an internship essay:
- if you are applying for an internship program;
- if you have already completed one.
In the first case, you will be asked to write an internship application essay. In the second, an internship experience report or an internship reflection essay.
Our experts will present helpful tips for both cases. Find them and illustrative internship essay examples in the article.
✔️ If You Have Already Completed an Internship Program
Congratulations! This was an essential step towards your career. Now you have a chance to get the job of your dreams. However, right now, you have to write an essay on your internship and talk about yours.
Internship Report Points
Such an end-of-internship essay will include the following points:
- Place of your internship.
- Responsibilities you had.
- Difficulties you faced during your internship.
- An overall impression of this experience.
- Self-evaluation of your performance.
- Appendix with deliverables you created during your internship.
Internship Report Sample
Check out this short internship essay example:
- As a business administration student at the University of Collegetown, I participated in a three-month summer internship at Internet & More, an IT company based in Collegetown.
- I was interning at the company’s marketing department, and I primarily interacted with the Internet & More’s content creation and social media marketing specialists.
- The main task of my internship was to create a LinkedIn marketing strategy for the company, basing my recommendations on extensive market research and using LinkedIn as a promotional tool for both customers and potential employees.
This brief introduction achieves three goals:
- establishes that this report is an internship experience essay;
- it introduces the company and department where the internship took place;
- it describes the intern’s primary task.
Internship Report: Your Impression
The essay continues like this:
- Overall, the experience proved to be both enjoyable and rewarding. I found the marketing concepts and frameworks that I learned in class to be relevant and useful when working on my practical, real-world assignments.
- I did, however, encounter some difficulties working on the task. Namely, as an undergraduate student, I was used to receiving very detailed, step-by-step instructions, whereas I was given more flexibility and autonomy during my internship.
- Secondly, I needed to take some time to familiarize myself with the world of LinkedIn marketing because we never dealt with it in my university classes.
Internship Report Conclusion
This is great:
This part of the internship essay example accomplishes two things. It gives the writer’s overall impression of the internship and discusses its advantages and challenges.
- During my internship, I was able to generate a 5,000-follower base for the company’s LinkedIn page, which allowed the Internet & More to expand their list of prospects significantly.
- Moreover, the company was able to fill two vacant positions within a matter of two days, having received over 400 resumes from highly qualified applicants.
- Thus, I was able to successfully achieve the goals set for me at the beginning of my internship. Attached, you can find the strategy development and implementation report I have created for the Internet & More.
This is the perfect internship essay conclusion!
Equally crucial, the student offers an opportunity for the reader to examine his work.
Not sure whether you can write such an impressive internship reflection essay? Our writers have mastered the art of internship report writing and will be happy to assist you.
🗺️ If You Are Trying to Get an Internship
If you are applying to an internship program, we also have to congratulate you!
You are on the right path to the career of your dreams. An internship will help you gain additional knowledge and skills, and you will also get to know a lot about your future job’s specifics.
But many students feel lost because they don’t know how to write an essay for an internship.
Internship Application: Main Purpose
Writing internship essays is very similar to writing any other application essay. Your primary purpose is to demonstrate your outstanding talents and prove that you deserve this opportunity. Besides, you should state, “Why do you want this internship”? in an essay.
Before you get down to work, find and look through some samples. You can also read our internship essay example below to learn some specific strategies.
Tips for a Succesful Internship Application
Here are more tips on how to write a successful internship essay:
- You may start with a bit of information about yourself, but make sure it relates to the internship.
- Talk about your previous education and experiences. What college did you attend? What was your major? What particular courses did you like the most?
- Describe your future goals and explain how this internship will benefit you in your essay.
- Finally, give reasons why you are the perfect candidate for this program. In this part of the internship essay, you can tell about your talents and positive characteristics.
Essentially, the two most critical questions you need to answer in your internship essay are “Why do you want this internship?” and “What do you hope to gain from this internship experience?”
Internship Application Sample
Let’s check out the internship essay example that helped our example student land his internship at Internet & More:
- I am writing to you regarding the marketing internship opportunity at your company Internet & More. I learned of this opening from your company representatives who attended the job fair at the University of Collegetown.
- I am a third-year student at the University of Collegetown, majoring in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing and Digital Communications.
- My professional interests include content creation and social media marketing and optimization, so this opportunity naturally attracted my attention. I believe that the knowledge I gained from my Marketing Strategy and Social Media Marketing classes will be particularly beneficial for this internship.
This is fantastic:
In a very concise and modest manner, this student explains his interest in the training. He confidently establishes why he makes a great candidate for this position.
Internship Application: Your Career Goals
- My professional goal is to become a social media marketing specialist so I can help businesses grow their online presence. I believe that this internship is the perfect opportunity for me to apply my skills and knowledge to help a company achieve its strategic goals.
- I am also particularly excited to immerse myself in the business world and work alongside leading industry experts.
- My past qualifications and experiences make me a suitable candidate for this position, and I am looking forward to helping the Internet & More grow their LinkedIn presence and visibility.
Don’t you just want to hire this student right away?
He managed to combine professionalism and just the right amount of flattery in his internship application letter. He also did not forget to mention his career goals and objectives. You should say how this internship will benefit you in your essay.
Don’t you feel more confident about your application now that you know how to write an internship essay?
That’s it! Follow these tips, and who knows? Maybe your next internship will be with Google!
Good luck with your internship essay writing! Be sure to check out our blog for more writing wisdom and share the page with your peers.