In our citation examples we use the following color coding:
- Red – Author
- Blue – Title of book/article/charter/webpage
- Pink – Date
- Orange – Website/Publisher
- Turquoise – Place of publication
- Gray – URL/database/website where the source is retrieved
Australian Bureau of Statistics from Austats
- the whole title is to be italicized.
- “cat. no.” stands for a catalogue number that can be found before a title.
- here: ABS stands for Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- here: Canberra Time stands for a publishing service that released a source.
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2016, Consumer Price Index, Australia, Dec 2016, cat. no. 64011.0, ABS, Canberra Time, viewed 27 January 2017, via AusStats database.
- here: DEST stands for the Department of Education, Science and Training.
- here: no. 379.94 A938 stands for the copy and number of a publication.
- here: Canberra is the location of a publishing service.
Australia. Department of Education, Science and Training 2004, Review of closer collaboration between universities and major public funded research agencies, DEST no. 379.94 A938, Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra.