In our citation examples we use the following color coding:
- Red – Author
- Blue – Title of book/article/charter/webpage
- Pink – Date
- Orange – Website/Publisher
- Turquoise – Place of publication
- Gray – URL/database/website where the source is retrieved
- Peach – Additional information about the source (i.e. its type, specific features etc.)
- pay attention to the capitalization in the title of course materials (capitalization is absent only in the title of the lecture).
- add both the name of a website and a link to it.
- if an educational institution includes several schools, mention both the name of an institution and a particular school.
Stellar, V 2016, ‘MIT6_092IAP10 Introduction to Java Week 5 Lecture: Access control, class scope, packages, Java API’, Retrieved from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MITOpenCourseWare web site:
Films and video recordings
Stories and songs of the people – they came for the gathering 2000, video recording, Video Education Australasia, Victoria.
The first word after a colon is capitalized, as it clarifies the title of an episode.
The holy spirit: My best friend 2017, television program, Mark Hankins Ministries, Alexandria, 7 March.
Insomnia, anti-inflammatory safety, assessing heart disease risk, cheaper breast cancer drugs 2017, podcast radio program, ABC Radio National, Sydney, 23 January, <http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/healthreport/insomnia,-anti-inflammatory-safety,-assessing-heart-disease-ris/8204796>.
Note that no italicization is needed for the name of a software and website.
Wireshark 2017, Stable release, ver. 2.2.4., computer program, Wireshark, Pittsburgh, PA.
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand 2016, AASB 128 investments in associates and joint ventures, Pearson Education, Sydney.
This section is about emails, interviews, conversations (face-to-face, by phone, skype, etc.), and letters. The information about a person with whom communication was maintained and the date of this interaction are to be included only within an in-text citation. There is no necessity to add it to the reference list.
IBISWorld 2016, Human resources & benefits administration in the US: market research report, viewed 27 January 2017, via IBISWorld database.