Stop biting on your nails and trying to come up with topics for persuasive essay. There’s a great solution for your problem!
Of course, you could spend a couple more hours staring into the ceiling trying to come up with a briliant topic for your next great persuasive/argumentative essay.
But wouldn’t that be a major waste of your precious time, which you could actually spend writing the paper?!
Whether you haven’t had much experience with argumentative essay writing, or you are looking for fresh thoughts, we offer you a list of top 50 ideas for your argumentative essay topic.
Check out the full list right here
- 1. Should animals be used for scientific and medical research?
- 2. Do we need privately run prisons?
- 3. Should the death penalty be mandatory for all murderers, or should they spend the rest of their lis in prison?
- 4. Do we have the right to exhume bodies of prominent people and move them from one place to another?
- 5. Should Russians finally bury Lenin?
- 6. Better naked, than in furs? Where’s the line in protecting the animal rights?
- 7. Was Saddam Hussein’s execution an essential point in establishing democracy in Iraq?
- 8. Should men be allowed to have more than one wife?
- 9. Plastic surgery: a way to promote beauty or destroy it?
- 10. In some Asian countries cutting off thief’s right hand is still commonly practiced. Do you think this is the best way out?
- 11. Talk about major issues (abortion, Iraq, Afghanistan, marijuana legalization, etc).
- 12. Say why talking about main issues ( abortion, Iraq, Afghanistan, marijuana legalization, etc) all the time not only lessens their importance, but even evokes irritation.
- 13. How atheists and religious people should find tolerance to each other?
- 14. Was the “sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll” era significant, or not?
- 15. Prove that free bagels with sour cream stimulate brain activity.
- 16. A maniac killed 15 little girls and was sentenced to death. One of the local TV stations was asked by the parents of victims to show his execution. The channel gave its agreement, but the translation was later cancelled. Give your opinion on this situation.
- 17. Vegetarians vs. Meateaters. Whose side are you on? Support your argument.
- 18. Why talking about sex is OK, but talking about cheating is embarrassing?
- 19. Do you agree that there is art for the masses, and elite culture? How do you feel about being “the mass”? Or do you consider youurself to be a part of the elites in this regard?
- 20. If you are not in “the mass”, what do you think about The Black Square by Kazimir Malevich?
- 21. Do you want to have a cosmetic surgery? Why and why not?
- 22. Is it important to talk openly about the contraception?
- 23. Which country has the prettiest girls?
- 24. Prove that blondes are actually smart.
- 25. The international image of the USA has been negatively affected by numerous wars. Do you agree with this statement?
- 26. There is an opinion that DAEWOO’s are not cars at all. Are they?
- 27. What do you think about gay marriage?
- 28. Why driving is permitted from the age of 16, and gambling – from the age of 21? And at the same time – shooting in porn movies permitted from the age of 18: is this right?
- 29. Is it helpful to be skeptical towards anything?
- 30. What do you think about the negative public opinion on thongs and bra straps?
- 31. Your friend is concerned about his/her grades. Even though they are good, he/she still stays awake for half of the night getting the assignments and extra credit work ready. Convince your friend that wearing him/herself out is not the best idea.
- 32. When you moved to this town, it was relatively small. Now that it’s expanding, your parents consider moving to a calmer place. You, however, have friends here that you don’t want to leave. Talk to your parents about the necessity of staying.
- 33. A friend of yours, a skinny girl, thinks that she needs to lose a few pounds. Tell her why losing more weight will only damage her health.
- 34. Your friend is failing his finals. If he doesn’t pass, he’ll be expelled from the university. You know that studying means a lot to him/her, but he/she’s feeling depressed and doesn’t want to do anything. Renew his/her faith into himself by persuading him/her to study.
- 35. As a result of political instabilities, a local political organization reacts severely to federal government activity. It plans to throw an act of protest. You know that this endeavour might be dangerous. Your friend, however, is inspired and wants to join. Tell him about possible consequences of getting into an organization or movement that is not trustworthy or highly radical.
We are pretty sure you have already found one for yourself. But still curious? OK!
More suggestions for your persuasive essay topic
- 36. Your Mom is not happy with an outfit/make up that you are wearing for a school dance. Try to calm her down.
- 37. You think that school uniform destroys you as an individual. Write a persuasive letter to your principal.
- 38. You are tired of news on TV. They all tell you about the number of victims in the Middle East. Tell why it is unethical for journalists to make money on deaths and war.
- 39. Cheating and lying can sometimes be helpful. Convince your readers by giving bright examples.
- 40. Prove that living in a big city is better than living in a small town (and vice versa).
- 41. Convince your parents to buy you something.
You must be kidding! You’ve got this far and still havent found theright topic idea just for you? You’re a real topic maniac!
Here are some more persuasive essay topics
- 42. Your friends want to go dancing; however, all this week you’ve been thinking about bowling. Try to persuade them to go to a bowling club.
- 43. You share a room with your younger sister. She has put a poster of Nick Cave onto the wall, and now you feel like an absolutely humiliated person. Tell her why this poster has to be taken off.
- 44. Take any common fallacy (like the one that wolves attack people all the time), and prove why it is wrong.
- 45. You have your own point of view on marriage and family. Convince your readers why it is correct.
- 46. You want to go and study abroad, but there are a number of reasons why you should take someone with you. Persuade a friend of yours that Italy is just the right place for both of you to visit.
Still here?! You want all of them? Don’t you, you topic addict!
The final part of our list of persuasive essay topics, just for you
- 47. Your little sister doesn’t want to help you and your Mom around the house. Give her reasons why she has to do it.
- 48. The book you’ve just finished is absolutely fantastic. Explain to your family member/friend why it is so good. Try to persuade him/her to read it, too.
- 49. A history teacher thinks that showing the movie Pearl Harbor will be just enough to cover the material on the World War II. Prove that you are eager to know more than this, nd why it’s important to learn the lessons of the past.
- 50. Tell why it is important to know more than one foreign language.
Congrats, dear Friend! You’ve managed to read all 50 brilliant ideas for your argumentative essay! In case your topic causes any controversial discussion, don’t panic, you can always use the ideas for debates! Good luck wih your classes and feel free to come back any time for more advice!