When one is asked to write a comparative essay, he or she is expected to compare something: this may be views, events, things, people, etc. The aim of a comparative essay is not a comparison itself, but some findings and unique ideas which appear in the essay writing process. What comparative essay requires is the writers’ critical thinking skills and abilities to draw parallels between issues under consideration.
This article suggests you some pieces of advice to follow while writing comparative essays:
- Analyze the problem carefully: it will be easier for you to compare things which are thoroughly investigated. Study carefully the most significant aspects of both issues to be ready to compare them in your research.
- Compose the introduction for your comparative essay: state clearly the problem for the reader to understand the purpose of your work. He or she will clearly realize the limits of your research, and will see which points you are going to explore and which are not worth your attention. Start the introduction with some general overview of the things described, and then move to the specific points. Say in what way the things differ and resemble each other. Declare your interest either in divergence or in similarity between the issues. Do not forget to state the significance of the two objects.
Choose the structure of the main body of yours comparative essays: it may be one of the following, but not a combination of them:
- Each paragraph studies one particular aspect of analysis. It is the same for every thing compared;
- One paragraph studies one object of comparison, the other paragraph studies another object, but the criteria for comparison remain the same within the paragraphs;
- The first part of the main body of the comparative essay argues one side of comparison; it is the same for all objects under analysis, while the second part deals with another part of the comparison.
- In conclusion give a brief but sufficient summary of the similarities and differences found. Say what is important about the things being compared. Do not leave open questions for the readers; state clearly what you have found out from the comparison.
Make your readers be satisfied with what they learn from your comparative essay analysis.
Essays are the most common academic paper that looks might seem easy to writer. Our free tips will help you to get through any kind of essays. Still, if you are stuck on writing, you can always ask us for help!
Our custom written essays are well-structured, professional, and cover the material in-depth. Simply place an order with our custom writing service, purchase the essay using any payment method from available ones (PayPal is available) and get your A+ papers.
Buying an essay is easy! Buy your paper now and secure yourself an excellent grade!