Before we explain some peculiarities of writing advantages and disadvantages essays, let us ask you a question: do you have experience in writing comparison essays? The thing is that these two types of essays have a lot in common. If you know the essentials of writing a comparison essay, it will be easier for you to cope with your advantages and disadvantages essay.
Anyway, even if you do not have necessary experience, your chances to get an A+ on an advantages and disadvantages essay are rather high. All you need to do is:
- Think of a good idea for your advantages and disadvantages essay;
- Make a list of all pros and cons and give details about each item;
- Draw conclusions on whether something is overall good or bad.
See, there is nothing so special about writing advantages and disadvantages essays. The only difficulty that you may face is the choice of a topic. You can check out some ideas for your advantages and disadvantages essay below.
Essays on advantages and disadvantages of computers
Probably, you can think of only positive aspects of using computers, such as they make communication easier, they can be helpful for your studies, you get access to information, etc.
Yet, if you think for a while, you will find some disadvantages, e.g. computers break down sometimes and it is really annoying or computers may be hacked or infected, etc.
More ideas for advantages and disadvantages essays:
- Advantages and disadvantages of having young parents;
- Advantages and disadvantages of being married;
- Advantages and disadvantages of working part-time after school;
- Advantages and disadvantages of writing essays, etc.