Papers on biomedical instrumentation usually aim to explore a certain biomedical device and detect its advantages and shortcomings. The purpose that tutors usually pursue when giving a task to make papers on biomedical instrumentation is to check students’ knowledge in the field of biomedicine along with the research abilities that students possess. When going to make a paper on biomedical instrumentation, your purpose is to demonstrate sufficient knowledge, writing skills, analytical and research abilities.
Papers on biomedical instrumentation also help students investigate what biomedical devices are the most effective ones. The knowledge gained during your exploration of a certain biomedical device will be much useful for your future career life. Papers on biomedical instrumentation will enable you to learn the basic principles of various equipments utilized in the health care industry.
The following problems can serve as rather applicable topics for papers on biomedical instrumentation:
- Operations and functions of X-Ray machines;
- Identification of block system of circuits in X-Ray machines;
- Devices that help to identify different types of PH electrode;
- ECG system and placement of electrodes;
- EMG system and placement of electrodes;
- Blood pressure and devices of blood measurement: sphygrmanometer;
- Thermistor and its use for measurement of respiration rate.
Before making a paper on biomedical instrumentation, take the following steps:
- Carefully read the lectures of your Professor and prepare a list of questions in case anything is unclear to you;
- Carefully explore the device under investigation. You must have certainly seen it before; still, something might have passed out of your mind. Besides, papers on biomedical instrumentation require complete comprehension of the principle of a certain device’s work;
- Consult your Professor or academic staff of your institution on all unclear questions. It will help you organize your thoughts and create a mind map for your paper on biomedical instrumentation.