Every kind of written paper should have an appropriate appearance - it should be formatted. Within academic institutions a lot of research paper formats exist. Since the size of the article does not allow considering all of them, we will dwell upon the most widely used research paper formats: APA, MLA and Harvard.
Research paper formats: APA
APA research paper format is most commonly used to cite the sources related to Social Sciences. This research paper format offers the style of formatting in-text citations, foot/endnotes and reference page. The general guidelines of APA research paper format include the following:
- The text of a research paper should be double-spaced;
- The margins should be 1” on all sides;
- The font is 10-12, Times New Roman or a similar font;
- The page header of a document is placed in the upper right-hand corner of every page.
Research paper formats: MLA
MLA research paper formats are usually applicable for making papers on Liberal Arts and Humanities. MLA research paper format was established by Modern Language Association and offers a specific style of citing and referencing the sources. The general guidelines of MLA research paper format can be presented as follows:
- The text should be typed on a white paper, 8.5×11 inch;
- The font of a paper should be legible enough, like Courier or Times New Roman;
- The margins of MLA research papers should be 1 inch on all sides;
- Endnotes should be presented on a separate page before your references page.
Research paper formats: Harvard
Like the research paper formats presented above, Harvard style of formatting research papers consists of in-text citations in the Main Body of a document and a reference list in the end of a custom research paper. Continue reading >