You: Who’s there?
You: Opportunity who?
Stranger: Opportunity to learn how to make an article that rocks. You’d better check these 5 easy ways to success now, because I am not in the habit of knocking twice at anyone’s door.
Do you wonder how to write an article that rocks?
If your life loses all color and suddenly becomes gray whenever you have to work on your articles, you definitely need to change something. How to write an article of high quality without becoming depressed? To begin with, you can change your attitude and the strategy you use for writing articles. The following 5 strategies can save you time and help you avoid unnecessary stress (you can achieve the maximum results by combining all of them):
- Become curious and ask questions, like a five-year-old. When you ask how to write an article, everyone tells you to choose an interesting topic. How to achieve this goal? Ask yourself all types of questions and try to find answers to them. Why? How? What for? are your best friends in choosing a good topic for your article. Even the silliest questions can become wonderful topics. Try to find hidden messages in absolutely everything you see. You should not look blankly at a white wall. Instead, ask yourself why it is white or who chose that color.
- Hunt for clichés and eliminate them from your papers. Even if you have chosen a topic that is widely discussed everywhere, you should still try to make its content original. You can start by researching the topic online. Insert keywords related to your topic in the Google search engine and read what has already been written on this issue. The findings of this research are already known facts – build on them, but avoid just repeating the same ideas in your papers.
- The reader is king! Remember that you write your article for somebody to read it. If you have certain obsessive ideas, ask yourself if your audience really wants to learn them. Maybe some of these ideas are more appropriate for your diary. The next step is to do everything possible to get readers’ attention and to maintain them interested so that they keep on reading. Remember that most readers are like spoiled kids who won’t read “too many letters” (your teachers are not an exception to that rule either). The answer to the question how to write an article is to make everything as simple as possible. Use simple words, simple sentences, short paragraphs, bulleted and numbered lists.
- Add some pepper. The audience wants bread and circus. Try to make your article a bit “spicy”. Use some humor, try to be unpredictable and look for scandals and striking statistics. Readers like figures. Simply give them what they want. If you write that the divorce rate among penguins is about 80-90 percent, you impress everyone. Readers think “Oh my God, 90 percent” and read the rest of your article with their mouths open.
- Add some authority. Try to use data from credible sources only. Yes, everyone will be impressed with figures and striking facts you use in your papers. However, the next questions they are going to ask are “How does the author know this?” and “Didn’t s/he invent this data?” If you look for statistical data, you should use information from governmental sites, such as the Census Bureau , FedStats or any other websites with the extension gov. Data from educational databases and scholarly articles is great as well.
How to write an article for a blog
If you are assigned to write an article in college, you can use your personal recipe of “how to write an essay”, because some principles are pretty much the same for all these assignments. Furthermore, even if you are going to post the article on your personal blog, some of the principles of academic writing still apply. These are the 3 golden rules, which are applicable to all article formats:
- Watch your grammar. Even if you are going to use some colloquialisms, be sure to do it right.
- Express your ideas logically. Unless you are going to practice the stream of consciousness technique, you should help your readers follow your train of thought.
- Use a logical structure. Even if you are not going to use the traditional introduction-body-conclusion structure, you should not puzzle your readers by diving directly into your subject matter. Do not forget to say “hello” and “good-bye” to your readers in your own, unique manner.
So, now you already know how to write an article that rocks, without getting depressed in the process. Good luck with your articles and readers!