Analysis or critique of research papers is a task that teachers assign from time to time and that can actually teach you many useful things. Particularly, making a research paper critique is the most effective way to learn all the essentials, common mistakes, and some secrets of writing research papers.
However, first you need to learn how to critique research papers correctly. You cannot just read a paper and tell at the end “Well, this paper was good” or “Not a bad job”. You are supposed to make an analysis of every research paper section, particular elements, evaluate the overall effectiveness of the work.
Thus, let us explain what exactly you will have to do to critique a research paper.
How to critique research papers: step 1
Start with reading a paper. Read it carefully from the beginning till the end, get its main idea, and think of your first impression.
How to critique research papers: step 2
Now, read its introduction once again. You should pay attention to the following components in the introduction:
- Clear presentation of a topic;
- Enough background information;
- Reasons why the topic is worth investigating;
- A thesis statement.
How to critique research papers: step 3
Read the body paragraphs of the paper. Things that you need to critique in this part include the following:
- Discussion of one specific idea in each paragraph;
- Proper argumentation and support of the author’s assertions;
- Necessary transitions between paragraphs that make the paper sound logical.
How to critique research papers: step 4
If you are looking for information on how to make a research paper, we strongly recommend you pay attention to this article.
Here, we will provide several useful tips and present a couple of reliable links you can use to find out how to make research papers.
First, let us speak on the steps that you need to take to make a research paper properly.
How to Make a Research Paper: Step # 1
Get started! At this stage, you should understand the assignment, analyze your background knowledge, and think about possible topics.
How to Make a Research Paper: Step # 2
Choose a topic! Now, pick out several topics and conduct a little investigation – how much information is available on each topic. Choose the one you like the most and can disclose properly.
How to Make a Research Paper: Step # 3
Choose a focus! After you decide on a topic, think what concrete issue you can disclose. In other words, develop a clear thesis statement.
How to Make a Research Paper: Step # 4 Continue reading…
Do you feel that critiquing a research paper will give you a hard time? Do you find tutor’s instructions not very helpful to critique a research paper effectively? Well, these are certainly good reasons for panic. However, this will not help you complete this assignment.
We know that it is not that easy to critique research papers. It even seems to be more challenging than completing the project itself. Yet, we have to admit that critiquing research papers is a really valuable experience.
This is a list of questions that will help you understand how to critique research papers correctly. By the way, if you answer all of them, consider your critical comments to be successful.
- Does a research paper have a clearly stated thesis statement?
- Does an introduction help to understand the essence of the work?
- Do you think the methods chosen for conducting research are correct? Are there any other methods that you think would be more suitable for this particular research?
- Do you think that sources used for writing a research paper are reliable?
- Do you see any mistakes in the way the analysis was made?
- Do you think the conclusions made are right? Is there something you want to add or say differently?
These are just a few questions to answer when you critique research papers.
In a few words, the main purpose of critiquing research papers is to express your opinion on a certain work. Therefore, do not be afraid to comment all the shortages and weak points of someone’s work. Continue reading…
Research papers…What comes to your mind when you first hear these words? No, not again? Nightmare? Endless sleepless nights? No parties? This is what most of the students think.
What is actually a research paper? Is it hard and time-consuming work with stacks of books and articles? Is it like hunting for treasures, where treasures are the thoughts of other writers?
So what is a research paper? Whatever image you may create, the point is that you need to know for sure what a research paper is!
Knowing the answer to the “what is a research paper” question, you are sure to succeed in preparing the assignment and making the process of writing much easier.
Let us give you several answers to the question “WHAT IS A RESEARCH PAPER?”
WHAT IS A RESEARCH PAPER: GENERAL DEFINITION
A research paper can be called an expanded essay. What is the difference? When you work on an essay, you use your knowledge, everything you know on a certain issue. When you write a research paper, you build your work upon the knowledge you have and make an attempt to learn more about what experts think on the problem under consideration and analyze their standpoints. A research paper should present your interpretation/evaluation/argument.
WHAT IS A RESEARCH PAPER: PURPOSES TO ACHIEVE
- To argue a point
- To analyze a perspective
In fact, the purposes mostly depend on the type of research paper you need to prepare. So, clarify what kind of research paper you need to write and start working.
WHAT IS A RESEARCH PAPER: WRITING PROCESS
While writing a research paper, you should keep in mind the required structure:
- Data presentation;
- Data evaluation;
- Bibliography list;
- Appendixes (if any).
Do you understand now what a research paper is? Great! Start writing then! Continue reading…Comment Posted by Jack Milgram to
One of the most important factors that can influence success in writing a research paper is the correct format. For some students, formatting a paper according to a certain citation style is a real problem. There is so many information to remember and rules to follow!
In this article, we will present you the minimum information necessary to make a research paper in APA format properly.
- Preparing research papers in APA format: Generalities
- APA format research papers should be typed on standard-sized paper (8,5”×11”) using 12 pt. Times New Roman font;
- The entire text of APA format research papers should be double-spaced;
- The margins of APA format research papers should be 1” on all sides;
- APA format research papers should have a page header in the upper right-hand corner of each page. In order to create a page header, type the first 2-3 words of your project title, insert 5 spaces, and then give the page number.
- Center the word “References” on a new page of your research paper in APA format;
- Indent 2 spaces before you include the first entry into the list;
- Capitalize the first word of the book’s/journal’s title;
- Use commas to separate:
- Surnames from initials;
- A title of a newspaper from p. or pp.;
- A title of a journal from volume number;
- A volume number from page numbers;
- An issue number from page numbers;
- (Ed.) from the title of a book.
Do you have to write a research proposal and can’t choose one from the professor’s list? Probably, this article is what you need. Here you will find possible ideas for research proposal topics that may be used to create your own proposal project.
Research proposal topics on Political Science:
- Sarah Palin and her role in RNC
- Politics and its influence
- Military policy of Georgia in relation to South Ossetia
Research proposal topics on History:
- History and evolution of Buddhism in the world
- Destiny of the Jewish people during the World War II
Research proposal topic on English Literature:
- Analysis of Poe’s style in “The Raven”
- Lost hope in Hemingway’s “A Farewell to Arms!”
- Racial discrimination in “The Uncle Tom’s Cabin”
Research proposal topics on Business studies:
- Advertising strategies and the importance of advertising for business;
- Strategies for running a business;
- Importance of business planning
Research proposal topics on Education:
- Innovative approaches to contacting problematic children;
- Aesthetic education as a basis for child’s development;
- Advantages and disadvantages of a testing system
Research proposal topics on Chemistry:
- Chemistry of LSD
- Chemistry synaptic transmitters
- Alchemy in relation to Physics
Research proposal topics on Psychology:
- Jean Piaget’s contribution to Psychology
- Role of methodology in developmental research
- Importance of being knowledgeable about cognitive Psychology
Research proposal topics on Philosophy:
- What is the sense of life?
- Ideas of Philosophy and Religion in Mara Shelley’s “Frankenstein”
Seems like the research paper topic is not that big of a problem now, right? If you still want to find some more topics, you are welcome to check science research proposal topics on our blog to make your academic writing life much easier.
Even if you spend more than two nights in a row in front of your computer trying to find research proposal help, you might not be able to find it. However, this is not about this article, as here you will find information about the places where proper research proposal help can be found!
Research proposal is a task you cannot avoid. Every student, who is going to conduct his/her research, has to present a research proposal and get an approval from the committee.
Let us cut the story short and talk about the places where an ordinary student may find research proposal help. Take this info into consideration.
- Research proposal help online.
You know, the Internet is the place where different information on all possible topics can definitely be found. You are also sure to find research proposals help there. You just need to enter the necessary key words and wait for the results.
Be ready that the World Wide Web will offer you thousands of available pages (if not millions) containing help with writing a research proposal. Do not make a mistake and do not choose the very first idea you come across. Show your analytical skills – choose the best variant!
- Research proposals help from your tutor.
The most valuable help with writing a research proposal is quite near. We talk about your tutor. This is the person who can help you answer all possible questions you might have. So, if you do not understand some issues and need help with research proposal writing, consult your tutor and he/she is sure to explain all unclear points as to research proposal writing. You are a lucky person if your tutor has some free time and is ready to talk to you. It is much better to agree on certain time for consultations with him/her in advance.
So, these are two ways of finding necessary help with writing research proposals! It is time to check their reliability! Continue reading…Comment Posted by Jack Milgram to
Papers on biomedical instrumentation usually aim to explore a certain biomedical device and detect its advantages and shortcomings. The purpose that tutors usually pursue when giving a task to make papers on biomedical instrumentation is to check students’ knowledge in the field of biomedicine along with the research abilities that students possess. When going to make a paper on biomedical instrumentation, your purpose is to demonstrate sufficient knowledge, writing skills, analytical and research abilities.
Papers on biomedical instrumentation also help students investigate what biomedical devices are the most effective ones. The knowledge gained during your exploration of a certain biomedical device will be much useful for your future career life. Papers on biomedical instrumentation will enable you to learn the basic principles of various equipments utilized in the health care industry.
The following problems can serve as rather applicable topics for papers on biomedical instrumentation:
- Operations and functions of X-Ray machines;
- Identification of block system of circuits in X-Ray machines;
- Devices that help to identify different types of PH electrode;
- ECG system and placement of electrodes;
- EMG system and placement of electrodes;
- Blood pressure and devices of blood measurement: sphygrmanometer;
- Thermistor and its use for measurement of respiration rate.
Before making a paper on biomedical instrumentation, take the following steps:
- Carefully read the lectures of your Professor and prepare a list of questions in case anything is unclear to you;
- Carefully explore the device under investigation. You must have certainly seen it before; still, something might have passed out of your mind. Besides, papers on biomedical instrumentation require complete comprehension of the principle of a certain device’s work;
- Consult your Professor or academic staff of your institution on all unclear questions. It will help you organize your thoughts and create a mind map for your paper on biomedical instrumentation.
Do you need a starting point for your research paper? Do you need a good research paper topic idea? Unfortunately, we cannot offer you the ideas to develop in your research paper, since we know nothing about the research area you are to deal with. Still, we can give you a sound piece of advice on where you can get a research paper topic idea.
- Look through scientific journals and recent research papers. There is a great possibility to get a good and up-to-date research paper topic idea from the context of the materials found. You may just get interested in a certain problem that was touched upon but not investigated yet. Therefore, it will serve you as an exciting research paper topic idea;
- Develop a habit to write down ideas and news you find interesting. While listening to your Professor’s lecture, having a trip to another city or country, looking through a popular magazine or watching the Discovery Channel, a research paper topic idea can come up to your mind by itself. If you manage to get a research paper topic idea this way, you are sure to stay motivated throughout the writing process as well, since thus you will also be interested in the research paper topic ideas got;
- Ask your university academic staff for advice. There are usually clever people capable to offer you an interesting research paper topic idea. This way of getting a research paper topic idea is also useful in the course of getting acquainted with people knowledgeable about your research area. Thus, you can kill two birds with one stone.
If you lack research paper topic ideas, you may also look through the article research paper topics that you can find on our weblog. Research paper guidelines will also be right in time for you.
Research paper is not the most difficult academic assignment; and still, it does take a lot of time! Continue reading…
Very often students put off writing a research paper’s title till all work is done. Thus, they concentrate on the work and think how to present their project better.
Though, everyone understands that it is impossible to start working on your project until you decide on a research paper’s title. It should not be necessarily the final variant. You can change it after all work is done.
So, let us describe the first and the final variants of a research paper’s title: what they serve for, how they can help you.
Working Research Paper’s Title
This type of research paper’s title can help you start the writing process:
- Working research paper’s title is what gives you a general idea of what to research.
- Working research paper’s title can be changed in the course of researching.
Final Research Paper’s Titles
This very kind of research paper’s title has its own peculiarities. If you want your work to be noticed, you should make your research paper’s title stand out:
- research paper’s titles should make only positive impression on your readers;
- research paper’s title should stimulate the interest of your readers;
- research paper’s titles should contain the main key words of your work;
- research paper’s title should not be longer than 20 words;
- research paper’s titles should indicate the subject of your research paper.
If you follow these simple hints when creating the final variant of your research paper’s title, you can definitely achieve the desirable results. Continue reading…Comment